What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dana Holgorsen - HC West Virginia

I’m referencing regency bias. Babers beat Clemson last year but finished 4-8. Finished 4-8 in his only other season as a P5 coach. Has a winning record this year, was ranked, for his team blown apart by Clemson and Notre Dame. That is literally the definition of regency bias.
Were up on Clemson the whole game, at Clemson, lost by one score...

Yeah. Again, against their backup’s backup in his first game.
Problem was the other side of the ball. Clemson's NFL defensive line* exerted its will in the 2nd half and there was no scheming around that.

*(yes, the starters on that Clemson DL could have gone to the NFL last year and been high picks so I consider that an NFL front.)

Sure. But compare Clemson’s recruiting across the board to Syracuse’s. Babers has done a fine job in Syracuse. He’s not my choice and probably not in my top 5, but he’s a damn good coach.
Again, not saying he’s not a good coach. I’m saying he’s more MM than the “next level” guy we’re looking for. But like everything on this board, that’s just my opinion. If CU hires him, I hope he succeeds and everyone throws it back in my face.

As far as Holgerson goes, obviously there’s a ton to like. I don’t think we have much of a chance, especially financially. I imagine if he makes the Big XII title game he’ll get some nice bumps/ extensions/ etc. But I’ll be damned happy if I’m wrong. I think he’s the closest thing to a “sure thing” we have any chance at.

As far as Holgerson goes, obviously there’s a ton to like. I don’t think we have much of a chance, especially financially. I imagine if he makes the Big XII title game he’ll get some nice bumps/ extensions/ etc. But I’ll be damned happy if I’m wrong. I think he’s the closest thing to a “sure thing” we have any chance at.
When I think of Holgorsen coaching here, I have trouble imagining that he wouldn't be competing to win the South every year as kind of the floor of where his success would be.

When I think of Holgorsen coaching here, I have trouble imagining that he wouldn't be competing to win the South every year as kind of the floor of where his success would be.
I’ll give you 3/4 years. He’s solid. Love his no BS, gunslinger approach too.

The more and more I read, the more and more I get excited abou Dana. Is this dumb hope? or is there any chance of happening? Are there any legit sources that are saying we have a shot here?

The more and more I read, the more and more I get excited abou Dana. Is this dumb hope? or is there any chance of happening? Are there any legit sources that are saying we have a shot here?
With FootballScoop putting his name up, it means there's something to it. Somewhere between legit mutual interest or it being something his agent leaked to start some buzz in order to help leverage a new deal with WVU. But not just a name pulled out of a hat by a columnist.

I know I focus on location (where I’d like to live) more than others, but if all other things are equal, I don’t see how Holgerson wouldn’t give the Buffs a long look. He clearly knows and likes the area. Being close to family is definitely not a small consideration. With the facilities, commitment to winning and groundwork laid out the future could be bright for anyone.

What’s missing that makes it a lesser job? Recruiting territory and higher academic requirements?

I know I focus on location (where I’d like to live) more than others, but if all other things are equal, I don’t see how Holgerson wouldn’t give the Buffs a long look. He clearly knows and likes the area. Being close to family is definitely not a small consideration. With the facilities, commitment to winning and groundwork laid out the future could be bright for anyone.

What’s missing that makes it a lesser job? Recruiting territory and higher academic requirements?
He's got a pretty sweet home in West Virginia. Interestingly, by going with a pre-fab, modern build he was able to reduce his energy use/costs on the home less than the home he'd had in Houston at 4x the size. Dad and brother are builders and they did it for him with the ultimate man cave. He uses it to host recruits and to hang out with assistants watching football in the man cave when they have a Saturday night home game. Building for efficiency like that in Boulder would definitely endear him to locals.
http://footballscoop.com/news/dana-holgorsen-s-house-is-one-of-a-kind-literally/
Dana_house2.jpg

He's got a pretty sweet home in West Virginia. Interestingly, by going with a pre-fab, modern build he was able to reduce his energy use/costs on the home less than the home he'd had in Houston at 4x the size. Dad and brother are builders and they did it for him with the ultimate man cave. He uses it to host recruits and to hang out with assistants watching football in the man cave when they have a Saturday night home game. Building for efficiency like that in Boulder would definitely endear him to locals.
http://footballscoop.com/news/dana-holgorsen-s-house-is-one-of-a-kind-literally/
Dana_house2.jpg
Whoa. That’s allsome!! (Other than the quality of beer . . . )

Dana_house2.jpg
Why 2 screens dedicated to soccer?

I haven't this thread, but why would he leave WVU?

A lot of people have viewed him as kind of an odd fit for West Virginia, and seemingly many of their fans have gotten a little tired of him. He’s not really in the best position to recruit the kind of players he might like. This year’s team is probably as good as it’s going to get for him there and without Grier, next year looks to be a step-back year, so this might be a time for him to move. All speculation basically.

Back