What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

Dance Speedo GIF
I hate you.

"Young QB", "Jake Wiley is a Freshman", "I see improvement each week, I really do", "We've played really good defenses", "Offense is really young", "Stay the course", "I love waking up and coming to work every day", "Have to overcome adversity", "Focus on getting better", "We're young at receiver, too"

"End of the day, we're all in this together... but we're going to have some growing pains" (This was him dodging a question about him feeling some pressure as OC)

It's clear that the company line is "We're very young pretty much everywhere" and that's the excuse they're going to keep throwing out there after every poor performance.

This also doesn't sound like a guy who is overly concerned with losing his job mid season.

Man, does anybody buy the nonsense like Wiley is a freshman when he is in his third year on campus?

So disingenuous.
I already posted it somewhere in a #firethread I think but the entire OL two deep has an average of 4 years on a college campus. Our QB is in his 2nd year, our WR two deep at the moment includes 2 guys in their 4th year on campus (Stanley and Arias), Rice and MLC in their 2nd year, Shenault in his 3rd year (although obviously not playing) and then the 2 true freshman who have been playing in Penry and Robinson. As for Tight End, this is Russells 5th season and Lynch's 6th season.

They aren't that young

Seriously... "Does having a really young QB make things difficult on you as a playcaller?"

WHAT THE **** KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT, BRIAN?!?!?!
I don't know why I watch any pressers any more. It is just painful to watch the beat writers prostrate themselves. "Gee, Coach I know how hard it is to coach a young team and you guys are working so hard, is there something I can do to help after I am done simonizing your car?" would classify as a tough question. Pathetic.

Patience, as a concept to (re)building a college football program, is becoming obsolete with the advent of the transfer portal. You either prove as a coaching staff that you can quickly develop/utilize talent or you run a real risk of mass exodus.

What thoughts are going through the minds of B Rice, MLC, and the other WR who are not getting touches in this offense? This offense could be decimated by departures. And on the flip side, who’s going to want to come here?

Last edited:
I don't know why I watch any pressers any more. It is just painful to watch the beat writers prostrate themselves. "Gee, Coach I know how hard it is to coach a young team and you guys are working so hard, is there something I can do to help after I am done simonizing your car?" would classify as a tough question. Pathetic.
You watch pressers but not the games?

Patience, as a concept to (re)building a college football program, is becoming obsolete with the advent of the transfer portal. You either attract and prove as a coaching staff that you can quickly develop/utilize talent or you run a real risk of mass exodus.

What thoughts are going through the minds of B Rice, MLC, and the other WR who are not getting touches in this offense? This offense could be decimated by departures. And on the flip side, who’s going to want to come here?
Patience is one thing. Putting up with incompetence is another.

College football is 90% talent and 10% coaching. If you can’t manage a recruiting operation to attract good P5 caliber players, you should not coach major college football.

Patience, as a concept to (re)building a college football program, is becoming obsolete with the advent of the transfer portal. You either attract and prove as a coaching staff that you can quickly develop/utilize talent or you run a real risk of mass exodus.

Well, you have a HC with, let me be kind, pedestrian record at a school like fUCLA, an unmitigated disaster as OC at Vandy, and a career track of position coach in the NFL. To be successful, he needs to light it up on all fronts. Last year was not bad. CU beat some decent competition, but got run against any top 25 team. Still, it was a pretty good showing, and a bowl appearance.

There was some good fortune, and we all know, it was about time CU got the cookie to crumble their way, but no real bump in recruiting followed by a losing streak, and not just losing, but embarrassingly bad losses just makes everyone think: "Yeah, that's about what we thought". I know I was not exited to see HCKD get the gig.

If something good doesn't happen soon, this could go very bad, very fast. SC coming off a loss, with a substantial talent differential is not good news.

"Young QB", "Jake Wiley is a Freshman", "I see improvement each week, I really do", "We've played really good defenses", "Offense is really young", "Stay the course", "I love waking up and coming to work every day", "Have to overcome adversity", "Focus on getting better", "We're young at receiver, too"

"End of the day, we're all in this together... but we're going to have some growing pains" (This was him dodging a question about him feeling some pressure as OC)

It's clear that the company line is "We're very young pretty much everywhere" and that's the excuse they're going to keep throwing out there after every poor performance.

This also doesn't sound like a guy who is overly concerned with losing his job mid season.

Did a good job repeating Plati’s message.

Painful presser. I actually feel a little sorry for him.

bless his little heart.

"Why is Jake Wiley being forced in to starting action?"

"Why are there so many tight ends on the roster if they are not a focal point in the passing game?"

"Why is your most experienced WR in Dmitri Stanley an afterthought in this offense?"

"Why are there so many tight ends on the roster if they are not a focal point in the passing game?"

"Why is your most experienced WR in Dmitri Stanley an afterthought in this offense?"
If that movie and TV critic gig isn't working out, you should think about sports journalist.

“What could you be doing better to help this offense succeed?”

“Given that Brendan is struggling in the passing game, will there be more of an emphasis on utilizing his running abilities?”

“Being the WR coach and OC, what is the coaching dynamic between you, Langsdorf, and Dorrell when it comes to preparing the QBs for the offensive scheme and game plans?”

“What are you, the other offensive coaches, and the players themselves doing differently this week to jumpstart production?”

“What could you be doing better to help this offense succeed?”

“Given that Brendan is struggling in the passing game, will there be more of an emphasis on utilizing his running abilities?”

“Being the WR coach and OC, what is the coaching dynamic between you, Langsdorf, and Dorrell when it comes to preparing the QBs for the offensive scheme and game plans?”

I suspect the answer to third question would be pretty telling.

"Could you demonstrate how young this offense really is by going through the starting 11 and sharing with us exactly how many years each of them have been playing college football?"

"Why does the offense only run about 15 different plays each game?"

"Do you think offenses that have pre-snap motion gain an advantage?"

"Are there any screen plays in the playbook?"

"Is the defense getting frustrated with the performance of the offense?"

"Could you demonstrate how young this offense really is by going through the starting 11 and sharing with us exactly how many years each of them have been playing college football?"

"Why does the offense only run about 15 different plays each game?"

"Do you think offenses that have pre-snap motion gain an advantage?"

"Are there any screen plays in the playbook?"

"Is the defense getting frustrated with the performance of the offense?"
Is there additional instruction given to BL from the sidelines related to pre snap defensive information and thus hints to shape the play in our favor?

BL cannot read the defense right now
We do not throw in enough motion and resets to get the read
So BL needs help, so why not more sideline help just before the snap?

Back