What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

Damn. I'm surprised I haven't been given an ultimatum over there, yet.

Adam made a post about his assessment of the program right now, which I pretty much disagree with everything, and followed up asking Adam what Karl Dorrell's vision is for the program that Adam likes so much (Adam said during Fall Camp that he had heard and really likes Karl Dorrell's vision for the program, but never got into the specifics). We'll see if Adam answers.
Your question was perfect. I look forward to response.

I like the post where Chiv said one thing preseason and another thing yesterday. It’s typical to explore why answers are different. It didn’t happen.

Trapped left. I got banned/suspended. Ski got banned. Don’t think it was negotiated down to suspension.

On almost every first down play, you run the ball, straight into the line. Do you think that defenses have caught on to this tactic and do you think it might be a good idea to run a different play on first down every few series?
When you have 5 plays in the playbook, it's kind of hard to vary your calls too much

It absolutely is. Even if it wouldn't go that far, Plati would not grant access for interviews or let them get free grub while watching games from the press box.

Basically, they have to choose whether or not they want it to be easy to do their jobs & get some fringe benefits or if they want to stand on principles of journalism but have a much harder & less fun job.
Do you have an idea what “real” journalists think of those nice guys that work in the sports department? Sure, they went to journalism school. But until youve knocked on the door of a dead family member‘s house in the middle of the night its not even close to being considered real.

The Miami Herald, for example, used to have different journalists for “investigating“ UM that were not in the Sports Department.

Ive never heard about Plati saying a question couldnt be asked. One on one interviews might have included such rules. I dont know. The problem with Sports Reporting is there are no facts to check, just people talking. Coaches dont have to answer any questions he doesnt want. When they do answer they can ultimately say whatever they want. How do you prove otherwise? Players know better than to talk **** about coach behind his back. Everyone has an agenda. Fun stuff.

The fact is there are more underclassman than upperclassman. The list of returning starters on offense is also quite short. Another fact is that were not super duper at recruiting. You dont need a reporter to tell you that all that might add up to be the problem.

Last edited:
Seems like we need a #fireplati thread. Surely we can all support that one.
There is already one from a few years ago. I’m not going to dig around and try to find it. Plati is immensely popular with players and AD staff. He acts as though fans are the source of any and all problems. Nobody wants to fire a guy who is probably going to have a heart attack in another week anyway.

...until youve knocked on the door of a dead family member‘s house in the middle of the night ..
can you explain that comment? I'm struggling to imagine situations calling for a journalist to do that.

can you explain that comment? I'm struggling to imagine situations calling for a journalist to do that.
Murders mostly, accidents sometimes. Victims of malice, perfidy, or negligence. Their names are given to us by officials. Then the living are given the chance to say something about their dead relative that we will be writing about the next day. Usually we made contact by phone before knocking on the door. Most were surprisingly willing to talk. It was still gut wrenching for me the few times I went. It grayed my hair a bit for sure.

At the time we were writing the history of some place, of the government response, of the court proceedings, and what not.

Is it time for the powder blue again ?

Yes I know.

south park beat a dead horse GIF

Yes, indeed. Pumpers complained. Adam said so on the forum. That invited more pumpers to threaten cancellation. The floodgates opened. Thus the ban. His boss got involved. I told him his post was inappropriate.

We had a productive conversation. He was cordial. He admitted I had never violated TOS. I knew then I had a opening. The ban turned into a suspension upon my appeal. I suggested making my suspension the same as Mustafa’s in an attempt to keep things light. He agreed. It ends tomorrow.

it has been suggested I change my username.

I won’t.

He will assuredly get more cancellation threats.
That place is a complete cesspool

What would it take to hire Willy Korn from Coastal Carolina and implement that offense?

I'd have to believe we can get him and it would be budget friendly.

What would it take to hire Willy Korn from Coastal Carolina and implement that offense?

If we’re going to do that let’s go all out and bring Jamey Chadwell here to run the show.

Last edited:

That’d be awesome if you like down the field passing, good running game, and some option football. I think that would be good for BLew too.

So, it looks like KOA made our punter its player of the game.

Deserved.

And with all due respect to someone who has done his job well all season, this turns my stomach.
The punter is doing really well. I just hope he is thoroughly conditioned.

So, it looks like KOA made our punter its player of the game.

Deserved.

And with all due respect to someone who has done his job well all season, this turns my stomach.

Why are we grayshirting a punter when Watts is a junior?

RoStEr MaNaGeMeNt!!!!

Back