What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

If it’s true that players were ignoring coach Rod and upperclassmen were actually coaching technique, I would expect someone on the staff to know that.
I will start by noting that the ability to give negative feedback "up the chain" is a difficult thing to establish and maintain in any organization. It's also something that is, in the long term, critical for success. I will also note that establishing a culture where negative feedback can travel up nearly as well as it can travel down almost always starts at the top.

Coach sled wasn't merely a failure as a position coach, his poor performance was an organizational failure for which Chev, KD, LC and RG all share some amount of blame.

I will start by noting that the ability to give negative feedback "up the chain" is a difficult thing to establish and maintain in any organization. It's also something that is, in the long term, critical for success. I will also note that establishing a culture where negative feedback can travel up nearly as well as it can travel down almost always starts at the top.

Coach sled wasn't merely a failure as a position coach, his poor performance was an organizational failure for which Chev, KD, LC and RG all share some amount of blame.
I would imagine there has been a lot of finger pointing for the past few months.

Or ASU or aTm or Cal.

I'll start to believe the O is actually competent if they're competitive on the road against a horrible UCLA defense.
I think the offense we saw on Saturday would have beaten aTm for sure, and then made Minnesota, Cal and ASU toss ups, which could have had this team at 4-5/5-4 right now. It's frustrating that just being competent on offense could have this team in good position to go bowling.

I think the offense we saw on Saturday would have beaten aTm for sure, and then made Minnesota, Cal and ASU toss ups, which could have had this team at 4-5/5-4 right now. It's frustrating that just being competent on offense could have this team in good position to go bowling.
Coulda shoulda woulda

No. It would have been seen in the pre-Spring coaches meetings when diagramming plays and being told how they were going to block certain things.
Not true. In the spring Rod was focused on uncoaching. Recoaching didn’t begin until, umm, until….I got nothing.

Last edited:
Not true. In the spring Rod was focused on uncoaching. Recoaching didn’t begin until, umm, until….I got nothing.
Maybe he was waiting on a shipment of Rod sleds to come in? His plans were fouled up due to the supply chain and shipping issues of the last two years.

"What I really orchestrated our offensive staff to do is really be more critical of our players in their strengths and weaknesses. We don't want to put our guys in positions to do things or ask them to do things where it is not their strong point. So we decided to do that by position.
Not that I didn't know this before, but I am convinced Chev is literally the worst OC in all of division 1 football.

Not that I didn't know this before, but I am convinced Chev is literally the worst OC in all of division 1 football.
This is the right mentality to have, but it's 9 weeks too late to just now be "orchestrating with the offensive staff".

Damn. “Terrible at self scouting”

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

It's just as much of an indictment on Dorrell that he didn't think to correct the system not taking advantage of player strenghts

Translation: "We as coaches drew up our offense, positional responsibilities, game plans and in-game play calls with little to no consideration for the capabilities of our roster or the personnel matchups with the opppnent. A few weeks ago, I made the brave and brilliant in-season adjustment to, instead, do the most basic foundational things in coaching instead of acting like a dumbass playing Madden on rookie mode."

It's just as much of an indictment on Dorrell that he didn't think to correct the system not taking advantage of player strenghts
Might even be more so considering the head coaches responsibility is to fix and correct these issues as early as possible.

Handoff to our TE on 4th down instead of a RB or QB run, unbelievable... or sadly believable.

Back