What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

Not that I didn't know this before, but I am convinced Chev is literally the worst OC in all of division 1 football.
These KD quotes are from Spring ball and fall camp right? I’m lost… no competent P5 coach or staff would be talking like this 2/3 into the season. This is a joke.

Hey! It worked last week!
That trickery was awesome...but it worked because you had the RB and QB looking ot hte sideline to bluff the D. That was a good call.
Simply putting hte TE in motion and stopping under cneter isnt' that much of a difference if expecting a QB sneak. I'd rather send him nin motion and go inot a power I with two lead blockers for our RB, but that's just me.

We don’t have the balls to throw it in that situation. When we lined up and UCLA had the entire defense practically lined up over the center and we did the same I knew we were doomed.

We don’t have the balls to throw it in that situation. When we lined up and UCLA had the entire defense practically lined up over the center and we did the same I knew we were doomed.
100%. I've been saying it since a&m. The mike shanahan special (play action roll out) isn't even a risky call on 3rd or 4th and short.

Chev doesn't have what it takes. We were winning the first half last night BC our players were playing well and BC he kept a few gems from jay Johnson's playbook (ace set te kick out run middle is a well designed play). UCLA caught up when our ability to force our will was negated by conservative and predictable play calling. Yet again, how many times did we attempt to throw the ball 25+ yards downfield? I missed a few plays in the second half so it might be 3 or 4 but the only 2 I remember the completion to arias in the second quarter and the pass interference can't remember when. We aren't good enough to be bowel eligible by running on first every series and throwing 10 different versions of a screen pass. Few teams are. MLC, Arias, shenault and rice are all big fast and athletic. Throw. The. God. Damn. Mother. ****ing. Ball. Down. The. God. Damn. Mother. ****ing. Field. And. Let. Them. Run. By. The. Corner. Or. Out. Jump. Him

We are certainly worthy of bowel eligibility.
Absolutely. **** we're talented enough for a PAC 12 cc bid. Look how much our line has improved since axing rod. They couldn't be more polar opposite. Adding a different oc to that equation, ASU, USC and UCLA aren't 20 point blowouts they're winnable games. With Utah, going 2-2 versus those 4 will keep you in the cc picture every other year.

Absolutely. **** we're talented enough for a PAC 12 cc bid. Look how much our line has improved since axing rod. They couldn't be more polar opposite. Adding a different oc to that equation, ASU, USC and UCLA aren't 20 point blowouts they're winnable games. With Utah, going 2-2 versus those 4 will keep you in the cc picture every other year.
Read the post you responded to one more time...

I did. Did you read what he was responding to? I said we aren't good enough to be bowl eligible running on 1st every series and throwing 10 variants of screen pass. Translation, we aren't talented enough to overcome chevs playcalling to the point of bowl eligibility.
Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

Read it one more time. And this time pay attention to how he (and you) spelled bowl in those posts.

100%. I've been saying it since a&m. The mike shanahan special (play action roll out) isn't even a risky call on 3rd or 4th and short.

Chev doesn't have what it takes. We were winning the first half last night BC our players were playing well and BC he kept a few gems from jay Johnson's playbook (ace set te kick out run middle is a well designed play). UCLA caught up when our ability to force our will was negated by conservative and predictable play calling. Yet again, how many times did we attempt to throw the ball 25+ yards downfield? I missed a few plays in the second half so it might be 3 or 4 but the only 2 I remember the completion to arias in the second quarter and the pass interference can't remember when. We aren't good enough to be bowel eligible by running on first every series and throwing 10 different versions of a screen pass. Few teams are. MLC, Arias, shenault and rice are all big fast and athletic. Throw. The. God. Damn. Mother. ****ing. Ball. Down. The. God. Damn. Mother. ****ing. Field. And. Let. Them. Run. By. The. Corner. Or. Out. Jump. Him
I agree with everything you said except where you said we aren’t bowel eligible.

Chev just isn't good at coordinating an offense.

Making a change, not just to a proven guy but someone who will bring a scheme, has to happen this offseason.

The answer is not "promote Langsdorf", in case anyone was entertaining that idea.

Chev just isn't good at coordinating an offense.

Making a change, not just to a proven guy but someone who will bring a scheme, has to happen this offseason.

The answer is not "promote Langsdorf", in case anyone was entertaining that idea.
The only people entertaining that idea are the ones that actually have the ability to implement it. Which is unfortunate.

I just posted in the other thread. I'm in favor of the offense Sowder's coordinating at Kent State. Modern option run game that spreads teams out and also has a great pass offense. Basically, it comes from Briles and Babers but mixes that with Big Ten smash mouth.

Buffs could run the veer. Only 6 plays to learn. All they need is a Ronnie Bass to run the offense. The Titans coach said it’s just like Novacaine…Give it time and it works wonders.

Back