What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Davis Webb transfers to Cal, spurns CU

Both Cal and UCLA publish the profile data of both their applicant pool and admits. Probably because they're both very high. Which is actually crazy considering how many applications they get. If you look at the numbers, their applicant pool averages higher than most colleges' admit pool.

e.g. last year Cal's applicant unweighted GPA average was 3.62. Average unweighted admit was 3.9. CU's freshman admits were sub 3.6 for that period.

But who cares, this is not why Davis Webb is at Cal.
There is a reason this post was only liked by an opposing fan.

Disagree. The GOBears part of your screen name is nothing if not a bowel movement reference.

Yeah, ordering trout from a restaurant in NYC is exactly like pulling one out of Boulder Creek.

It was Wall Street assholes with advanced degrees from schools like Haas that caused the meltdown. You have a degree from Cal and I'm guessing you are employed in the financial services insustry. So I'm guessing you know something about people dining on trout in NYC dining establishments causing some kind of global financial crisis.

I like Cal fans too. Specially the braggarts. So while you think of your clever response, you should know that I'll be on the road to Hana getting a tuggie.
Different strokes. No offense, but a hand job for a grown ass man is pathetic.

Different strokes. No offense, but a hand job for a grown ass man is pathetic.

Normally I'd agree. But a beej is really, really selfish to the Mrs when driving the most beautiful road on the planet.

Enjoy your abundant Manhattan dwelling, NYC. When you are stepping over any sidewalk dog poop or smell any urine on that hot summer bIg apple day, or touching any oily metal railings, that's me saying "hello" to you and your cal degree.

Anybody who has ever received a Stanford acceptance letter would certainly recognize that your acceptance rate comparison tells us little. You'd have to compare the quality of the applicants to get any really meaning from that statistic. I'm going to go ahead and assume that CU has a far higher quality of applicant than Cal, and that our 84% are academically superior (and more attractive, obviously) than your 18%.
I mean, the point of Cal being a safety school is that there will be a huge number of people that apply to 50 different schools AND Cal.

Went from possible bowl team...to....possible one win team. Webb may not be the second coming....but he had shown he can win....and was needed depth at a position that is pretty scary right now. Coach Mac probably saw his job melting away as he was notified. Lets face it with Mac...he brought in a JV squad of coaches that was a massive recruiting fail. Took two years to realize his DC was crap. Took three years to realize that his OC was mediocre. Still has a lot of JV coaches on the staff that when he gets fired will be headed to FCS ball teams. Mac doesn't really do anything well...recruiting subpar...game day coaching subpar....bad management with exception of Leavitt and Chiv hires... CSU kicked our asses last year with a first year coach...and even though we pulled out an improbable win....seem them better. They got a DT that was recruited by the big boys....6 3 and 310.....and just outrecruited the Buffs for a JC DT from Cali for next year. Assistants at big schools get what is necessary to compete.....Mac has been a failed experiment.....can see Leavitt taking over and making Chiv his OC... Gut punch...bought season duckets and not looking forward to the season....I hope that I am pleasantly surprised. Not likely.

SDB's last post even marginally related to this year's CU Football team before the announcement about Leavitt. :thinkingemoji:

Back