What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the DB hire.

As for Tumpkin? Ugh. Didn't it take home like 5 years at Central freaking Michigan to finally field a quality defense? Last I checked we have maybe two years. This isn't gonna save MM
He coaches ST too! WTF do we need Toby for anymore then?

[tweet]563161006902640643[/tweet]

Doesn't say the position, and it who knows if there's any credibility here. Honestly, I doubt there's much, and AllBuffs is probably their source.

....and Allbuffs "is a dumpster fire" according to CL34 on Rivals.....most of those guys are complete dicks.

But I guess putting up with the idots over there is worth it considering the scoop on new hire

I am so confused on what's going on right now.
I'll try to summarize what we know and can be shared and what is being thrown around.

1) There are several sources confirming that tomorrow at the luncheon, the new DC and LaRussa's replacement will be announced
2) Apparently the AD has had this thing on big time lock down (like CIA level) and very few people know who it is
3) However there are a few posters in the know on Rivals who claim to know, one being Patr who definitely gets inside scoop and they are convinced most of Buff nation will be quite pleased with the hire.
4) Some people here and elsewhere (including CMU) are hypothesizing that Tumpkin could be the guy, mostly because he happened to resign today

Yet putting everything together, Tumpkin, at least as DC doesn't fit #3. I know AB can be a tough crowd so maybe not the best representation of objective (less informed) Buff nation, but judging by the reaction to Tumpkin as DC rumor on AB, I think we can safely say he would not please a majority of Buff nation. At least as DC. I can buy him as replacing LaRussa though.

So in a nutshell, we don't know much more today than we did yesterday.

I find that kinda sleezy. You recruit kids knowing that you will bail on NSD?

I would agree if he were the head coach, but he's the DC for a school that lost its HC to Arkansas (their new OC). So, it would be obvious to all recruits that he wouldn't likely be there going forward. Honestly, he just stayed to pitch CMU, not himself. Actually, a classy move.

I would agree if he were the head coach, but he's the DC for a school that lost its HC to Arkansas (their new OC). So, it would be obvious to all recruits that he wouldn't likely be there going forward. Honestly, he just stayed to pitch CMU, not himself. Actually, a classy move.

That's another way to look at it I guess.

It was very nice of MM to allow Tumpkin to finish out at CMU
If Tumpkin is replacing LaRussa or better yet Neinas, than letting him finish out really wouldn't have affected anything for us anyway. Not likely to bring in last minute recruits to CU from CMU and not in charge of the Defense in terms of the value of starting to assess the roster and create the scheme for starting Spring.

Now if Tumpkin is the DC, well, we have more problems perhaps than the date he lands in Boulder. The Pac 12 is a big leap from the defenses he has been facing and his defenses have not really been locking things down.

Demarest to take over Neinas position and to coach secondary. The CMU coach to be LB coach and then Seto to be DC sounds like a hell of a plan. No Seto and our Chariot turns into a gosh darn Tumpkin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fe8ffb9ae3620b594535b37047ab11dd.jpg

This is is not getting nearly enough recognition (it might just be our collective fear/panic/paralysis).

Last edited:
It's a rumor created by Allbuffs. Just like Ringo creating the Duke DL coach rumor. The timing is just coincidence.

You gotta admit, the power of allbuffs is pretty impressive in that case. We have Ringo writing articles about things we talk about here, and now we have the CMU twitter posting that.

Plus nik got Embree fired. I figure allbuffs has the power of a semi large, well organized, mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back