What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Deaysean Rippy?

Those Allbuffers that "liked" your posts, are the same idots that thought Samson would never return.

I didn't like the post but rippy's situation is nothing like Samson's. The stats didn't favor Samson making it back here. Hard work paid off. Samson never mailed it in when it came to football.

I didn't like the post but rippy's situation is nothing like Samson's. The stats didn't favor Samson making it back here. Hard work paid off. Samson never mailed it in when it came to football.
Effort always earns some extra consideration. If you have guys who will bust their butts and put out to their full ability they contribute to a positive team environment even if they aren't contributing on the field. On the other hand no matter how much talent somebody has if their attitude and effort isn't there they can drag others around them down.

I find this thread sort of appalling. How fans of collegiate athletics don't have the basic attitude of Duff's post of get them their degree and move on, disappoints me. Bashing recruits in their threads is spoken against of, so why is bashing of current players allowed? Because they're on scholarship? Without knowing a thing about their lives and current situations, you're willing to judge their inability to get on the field as lazy, unskilled and worthy of being booted from school (yes, I am tying together getting booted from school with losing a scholarship, because many would not be paying out of pocket)? Maybe some of our players are realizing in these formative years that their love of football is not as visceral as they had thought, and they are falling in love with other aspects of life. Great - more power to them.

Can we just delete threads like these? It's one thing to complain that someone is not performing or making mistakes on the field, but isn't calling one lazy and pulling scholarships over the line?

Deaysean - if like many college athletes, you look yourself up on the internet, and have unfortunately come across this thread, ignore us fans. I hope you get on the field, but if not, I hope you practice your ass off and are a great teammate. Ultimately, I hope your CU experience is still as fulfilling it was for me and thousands of others.

Keep making excuses for them, they will never get better. Why not have expectations for players? It's in their hands to take care of business.

I find this thread sort of appalling. How fans of collegiate athletics don't have the basic attitude of Duff's post of get them their degree and move on, disappoints me. Bashing recruits in their threads is spoken against of, so why is bashing of current players allowed? Because they're on scholarship? Without knowing a thing about their lives and current situations, you're willing to judge their inability to get on the field as lazy, unskilled and worthy of being booted from school (yes, I am tying together getting booted from school with losing a scholarship, because many would not be paying out of pocket)? Maybe some of our players are realizing in these formative years that their love of football is not as visceral as they had thought, and they are falling in love with other aspects of life. Great - more power to them.

Can we just delete threads like these? It's one thing to complain that someone is not performing or making mistakes on the field, but isn't calling one lazy and pulling scholarships over the line?

Deaysean - if like many college athletes, you look yourself up on the internet, and have unfortunately come across this thread, ignore us fans. I hope you get on the field, but if not, I hope you practice your ass off and are a great teammate. Ultimately, I hope your CU experience is still as fulfilling it was for me and thousands of others.
I can see this POV; he's just a kid after all trying to figure **** out like we were. But on the other hand, it seems implicit in the contract of a scholarship that the player will do their best to contribute. I don't have a strong opinion either way, but either way the kids should be treated with respect.

I don't know about DR's situation and don't want to judge, so speaking here in generalities. A kid who gets recruited doesn't go into it blindly. I like the 4 year scholly idea and if a 5th year comes up, it is up to the coaching staff to determine if the player deserves the scholly. After all...why should lack of effort on one player's part eat up a scholarship and therefore keep a kid who really wants it to not get one? If my folks paid for my school and I kept getting Cs and Ds, how long should they continue to pay for it when my sister would like to go but folks can only afford for 1 person to go?

Coach McCartney was always fond of saying that it's not the recruits you lose that kill you. It's the recruits you get that don't pan out that hurt the most. I don't think there's a person who is paying any attention at all to the CU football program who would disagree that both Rippy and Wright have been huge disappointments. With all the problems our linebackers were having last year, Rippy could barely find the field. That speaks volumes.

Let's go join the RMAC, better yet find a D3 conference and stop giving scholarships all together.

This is big boy athletics, this isn't feel little league. As holic put it are we doing juiceboxes?

These kids come in with an understanding that they are here to represent the university as football players. They receive a full scholarship covering their academic cost, room and board. The exchange for that is an expectation that they will do their best to perform both in the classroom and on the field, just doing one of those isn't enough.

If a kid can't play because they get hurt, they get the opportunity to finish their education, that's only fair. If a kid does his best, works hard and simply isn't good enough he gets a chance to finish. That's the fault of the coaches who recruited the wrong kid.

If a kid isn't willing to put out the effort needed to participate at this level then I have no problem showing him the door. Isn't any different than a kid who comes to school on an engineering scholarship and does well in all his other classes but isn't interested in doing the work needed to pass the engineering core. Give that scholarship to somebody willing to work at being an engineer.

This isn't the NFL where they can cut just about anybody when they want to. It also isn't middle school where showing up and putting on a uni gets you a seat on the bus and a spot in the team photo.

These guys know why they are getting a scholly, they are expected to work for it, not just show up to practice. Don't want to work, make room for someone who does.

And enough different people have repeated called out certain guys that I don't have a problem calling them out here. If their feelings are hurt they should care a little more and they would have full support.

Can we pistol whip the next guy who says "big boy?"

If someone would put forth a little effort and turn this -->
10959867_10203739744835910_797340842604721566_n.jpg
into a smiley, then we wouldn't have to say it.

Back