What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Derrick White invited to NBA Combine

Nbadraft.net has lost a ton of credibility over the years. Like someone else mentioned, draftexpress is the best site to go to.

IMG_4287.jpg

Last edited:
The Nuggets need a PF, I do not see them selecting another guard. Faried simply is not getting it done, I have been a fan of his but he is now best suited coming off the bench. The team has a solid C, SF in Gallinari and is loaded with young guards. I would like to see Jayson Tatum still be on the board, if not John Collins from Wake is nice! I hope the rumors of Denver taking AG Anunoby are just rumors - he under-performed and has bust written all over him.

Derrick White - He will be in the top 25 and could go as high as 16 to Chicago who will be looking for a long term replacement for Rondo.

I saw a re-play of the Chicago camp today, Derrick was 1st in the sprint, 5th in the vertical, 2nd on his team in scoring. Led in assists. He's still a sleeper, you guys. If he makes it out of the lottery, someone is asleep at the wheel.

Ojeleye and White will be long gone by picks 49 and 50.
Will this be helpful in future recruiting if White gets drafted?
I think it will help. But what really helps is an NBA star. And what really, really helps is a lottery pick. I look at Washington and the way they recruited despite not being able to make the post-season. The best HS talent wants to play for a coach that gets guys to the NBA. That's their dream, not winning a conference title or making a Final Four run. So, yeah, let's hope that White gets picked in the 1st round. Let's hope that King gets drafted next year or that one of the other guys explodes onto the scene and becomes a 1st round pick. It's what matters to recruits. And transfers, for that matter. We got Fortune only because we'd been putting guards into the NBA.

I doubt White goes in the lottery but he's a player who will make an immediate impact. Maybe 8ish ppg depending on his landing spot

The Nuggets need a PF, I do not see them selecting another guard. Faried simply is not getting it done, I have been a fan of his but he is now best suited coming off the bench. The team has a solid C, SF in Gallinari and is loaded with young guards. I would like to see Jayson Tatum still be on the board, if not John Collins from Wake is nice! I hope the rumors of Denver taking AG Anunoby are just rumors - he under-performed and has bust written all over him.

Derrick White - He will be in the top 25 and could go as high as 16 to Chicago who will be looking for a long term replacement for Rondo.

PF is an area of need, but I think Faried can still start in the league, and not only start, but be very good. I think his benching has more to do with some discord with the staff and management. It's sad, because I think he really is a talent. I'd be happy with Collins, and I highly doubt Tatum will last past 7-8 (I see him as top 5).

I think Gallo could actually be a great stretch 4 if he was tougher on the blocks. However, as it is, I can't stand Gallo. He can score, but his defense isn't that great, his shot isn't lethal although very good, his drives suck, his passing could use some work... ...I just feel always feel like I want more from him, and he just isn't that. I wouldn't mind moving on from him, and I was really annoyed that the Nuggets didn't trade him to get something for him instead of letting him walk.

I don't think it's going to happen, but I'm really hoping that Markaanen falls to us...I really think that kid has special talent.

He just got a ~1 min discussion while scoring a couple of times. Good pub for him for sure.

SI had White at 26. I'm looking fwd to Thursday - I'm really optimistic that White sneaks into the 1st round.

As for comments about White getting drafted being a boost to recruiting - obviously I don't think it'll hurt. But...I'm just tempering my expectations for any major boost from White getting drafted. For us, I think getting a program that consistently wins is just as, if not more important, than getting a guy drafted every other year.

SI had White at 26. I'm looking fwd to Thursday - I'm really optimistic that White sneaks into the 1st round.

As for comments about White getting drafted being a boost to recruiting - obviously I don't think it'll hurt. But...I'm just tempering my expectations for any major boost from White getting drafted. For us, I think getting a program that consistently wins is just as, if not more important, than getting a guy drafted every other year.
Basketball is even more dependent on the jimmy's and joe's than football is.

Getting yet another first round draft pick is huge if we want to regularly land Top 100 recruits.

This leads to the wins you are looking for.

Basketball is even more dependent on the jimmy's and joe's than football is.

Getting yet another first round draft pick is huge if we want to regularly land Top 100 recruits.

This leads to the wins you are looking for.

Sure, but disagree on the order of chicken/egg of wins, NBA turnout, and recruiting, even though it can go many ways. You can absolutely field competitive college teams without top 100 recruits, as Boyle himself has done. I'm not disputing that top 100 recruits need not apply or be sought by the staff, but if people think that White going 1st round is going to help Tad and Co reach a new level in their recruiting...I think you'll be sorely disappointed. And I think it's more the fault of the expectations.

If we can follow up White this year with King getting into the first round (not expecting him to, just making argument), and then another...sure - that has to catch some eyes and makes a strong argument in favor of the coaching staff. But if we do poorly on the court, it may not matter at all for this staff, who as a collective are not stellar, extraodinary recruiters.

Sure, but disagree on the order of chicken/egg of wins, NBA turnout, and recruiting, even though it can go many ways. You can absolutely field competitive college teams without top 100 recruits, as Boyle himself has done. I'm not disputing that top 100 recruits need not apply or be sought by the staff, but if people think that White going 1st round is going to help Tad and Co reach a new level in their recruiting...I think you'll be sorely disappointed. And I think it's more the fault of the expectations.

If we can follow up White this year with King getting into the first round (not expecting him to, just making argument), and then another...sure - that has to catch some eyes and makes a strong argument in favor of the coaching staff. But if we do poorly on the court, it may not matter at all for this staff, who as a collective are not stellar, extraodinary recruiters.
It is well documented on this board that we had a lull in bball recruiting due to some asst coaching moves, and that recruiting picked up again last year (25th in the country) after an additional move.

Yes, we need to do well on the court this year. Yes, it helps with recruiting if White goes in the 1st round AND we do well on the court this year. I could weight both parts somewhat evenly, but would lean towards 40/60 towards on the court performance.

Tad Boyle has proven that he can develop NBA players.
Bwahahahahaha...that is funny....White developed his vast skills UNDER ANOTHER COACH...averaged 26 points per game at UCCS......Dinwiddie was always NBA ready....not much improvement ( ppg 10, 15, 14 in his three years). Scott never progressed. XJ never progressed. Booker was as good as a frosh/soph....Burkes was a freak and would have made it playing for anyone....Come on...he had FIVE seniors last year....and the best player on the team was on a one year rental...the other four were...well...average at best. Scott's last 3 years were consistent..but he didn't improve (ppg 14, 14, 16)....Gordon was the same...no improvement (ppg 6, 7, 7)....Fortune got worse (ppg 8, 10, 6)...Big test this year for Tad....young....no real go to guy..

Bwahahahahaha...that is funny....White developed his vast skills UNDER ANOTHER COACH...averaged 26 points per game at UCCS......Dinwiddie was always NBA ready....not much improvement ( ppg 10, 15, 14 in his three years). Scott never progressed. XJ never progressed. Booker was as good as a frosh/soph....Burkes was a freak and would have made it playing for anyone....Come on...he had FIVE seniors last year....and the best player on the team was on a one year rental...the other four were...well...average at best. Scott's last 3 years were consistent..but he didn't improve (ppg 14, 14, 16)....Gordon was the same...no improvement (ppg 6, 7, 7)....Fortune got worse (ppg 8, 10, 6)...Big test this year for Tad....young....no real go to guy..

Burkes....was.....my....favorite....

Whiny bitch...
Damn those facts are annoying....bwahahahaha!!! At least Tad said at the beginning of last season that his team was overrated and didn't play good defense...dude was indeed the prognosticator....and thanks for the endorsement...a badge I wear with pride!!!!!!

The Mayor was "always nba ready"?

Put the film in and just remember that skinny freshman. Decent shot and don't-back-down attitude, but still skinny.

He didn't come into the program "nba ready".

The Mayor was "always nba ready"?

Put the film in and just remember that skinny freshman. Decent shot and don't-back-down attitude, but still skinny.

He didn't come into the program "nba ready".
Starter as a Frosh....10 ppg per game....clear that he was NBA caliber...question was when.....when he went down as a junior....team was not the same...yeah...he put on some weight...improved a bit.....but everyone knew the Mayor was NBA bound....

Starter as a Frosh....10 ppg per game....clear that he was NBA caliber...question was when.....when he went down as a junior....team was not the same...yeah...he put on some weight...improved a bit.....but everyone knew the Mayor was NBA bound....
As a freshman, I remember hearing a lot of "what's with all the hype, he's not that good". I think you've got selective memory on this one.

You said "always nba ready". Not true.

He gave us a tantalizing tease during the frosh year and started to come into his own as a soph.

His junor year is when it all fell into place.

I think you're retroactively altering your memory. Even when Mayor was a sophomore, I personally wasn't sold on him as an NBA player (thought he was a 2nd rounder, and those selections can be toss-ups). I don't understand how you think he Mayor was always NBA ready. He worked hard at his game to get to where he is. His bball IQ is great, but his raw talent does not jump off the screen.

You said "always nba ready". Not true.

He gave us a tantalizing tease during the frosh year and started to come into his own as a soph.

His junor year is when it all fell into place.

You don't think it really fell into place as a soph for Mayor?

I think you're retroactively altering your memory. Even when Mayor was a sophomore, I personally wasn't sold on him as an NBA player (thought he was a 2nd rounder, and those selections can be toss-ups). I don't understand how you think he Mayor was always NBA ready. He worked hard at his game to get to where he is. His bball IQ is great, but his raw talent does not jump off the screen.

You don't think it really fell into place as a soph for Mayor?

It seemed to me that the ice-in-the-veins attitude really emerged as a junior. The leadership was completely unquestioned that year. It was his team.

I would love to piss on the udub court and then set it ablaze with napalm.

Back