What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Describe your CU fandom (sports preferences)

Football, basketball mainly for me. Proud of the cross country, track & field teams as well. I don't see much skiing on tv but they are always good in that. I really wish we had hockey and baseball though. I don't even mind tennis, i'll watch it on occasion. Oh, soccer too.

Last edited:
1. Football (trending down since college days)
2. Men’s Basketball (trending up since joining Pac 12)
3. Women’s Basketball (really excited for incoming class and interest trending up)
4. Women’s Lax and soccer (catch a couple of games on tv each year. I’d go if I lived in Boulder)
5. Check skiing results, but never see. Don’t recall it being on the Pac 12 Network

The Pac 12 channel is kept on in the background when I work, so I probably watch (or listen) to that channel more than any other.

Basketball is my #1 sport for CU followed by football. While my father did take me to home football games, it was a CU staffer...possibly the AD at the time that gave me free basketball tickets against Oklahoma State which the Buffs won in a stunning upset at the time that solidified my support for basketball. Then Tad Boyle comes in and I think MBB is my #1 sport at CU. I love MBB games being about two hours instead of three to four hours. Women's basketball would be #3.

CU needs to add ice hockey for both sexes and men's lacrosse. Men's soccer would be great too. I'm okay with no baseball team but if softball is a fall sport, we need to add that sport right away.

1. Football. Except for some of the painful Hawkins and Embree years when I couldn't take the misery anymore and skipped a few late season games, I've seen every televised game since '88 and many in person. Football is #1 by a mile.

2. Men's BB is a distant #2. I usually catch televised games when we have a winning record. I tend to lose interest if we don't. Needless to say, my interest has picked up since Boyle took over. Hopefully we finally make a Sweet Sixteen in the next couple of years.

3. I'm a big fan of Olympic volleyball and I thought I'd watch our women's team more than I have with the Pac-12 Network, but I rarely remember or just don't have time when I do remember. The college sport is entertaining, but it's obviously not as exciting as watching elite national teams in the Olympics. Also, I think the mostly empty quiet arenas make it a little tougher to get into it.

I've tuned in to a couple of women's basketball NCCA tournament games over the years, but women's basketball just doesn't interest me much. Can't get into the below the rim game. Puts me to sleep.

I haven't watched a single minute of any other sport. I'd probably watch some hockey if we had it.

It's indicative of a bias that this "poll" was put in the Football forum. College FB and Men's BB are far and away main sports I follow. Great to see success of Boulder / CU passions in cross country and skiing. First sport I would want to add would be men's and women's Hockey -- yes, women's due to scholarship requirements. Baseball / softball would be terrible additions.

Football first and foremost. Women's VB and Men's BB are equally entertaining to me, but a distant second, followed by XC and track. I've attended a couple of VB games but only watch Men's BB on TV. Women's Soccer and Lacrosse get a small amount of my attention. Nothing else, really, after that.

I'd follow hockey and baseball if we had it.

97% football, 3% MBB. If they had Baseball, I think I would rapidly become rabid....

1. Football (trending down since college days)
2. Men’s Basketball (trending up since joining Pac 12)
3. Women’s Basketball (really excited for incoming class and interest trending up)
4. Women’s Lax and soccer (catch a couple of games on tv each year. I’d go if I lived in Boulder)
5. Check skiing results, but never see. Don’t recall it being on the Pac 12 Network

The Pac 12 channel is kept on in the background when I work, so I probably watch (or listen) to that channel more than any other.
You aren't staying up late enough....

tumblr_lsdptrZkpi1qh6cr0o4_r1_500.gif

And football.

1. Attend most all football home games. Now season ticket holder. Watch every game. Follow team news moderately close.
2. Attend most all men's basketball home games. Have road tripped twice to see the team. Watch every game. Follow team news moderately close.
3. Ex-season ticket holder for volleyball. Attend occassional home game.

B-ball and football in person and will travel for them. The rest I do read about and follow but rarely will head up For in person

CU needs to add ice hockey for both sexes and men's lacrosse. Men's soccer would be great too. I'm okay with no baseball team but if softball is a fall sport, we need to add that sport right away.

AFA has hockey, DU has hockey - no reason CU shouldn't have hockey too. They wouldn't even need to build an arena. Could easily play home games right down the road at 1stBank Center.

Back