What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Diddy arrested, accused of assault after fight with UCLA coach

Let's not miss the part of the incident between the lines:

The incident began early Monday morning when Justin Combs, Diddy’s son, was participating in an off-season workout on UCLA’s field. According to sources, Combs, who will be a redshirt junior defensive back this fall, had missed some recent workouts and wasn’t giving a great effort Monday morning, so UCLA strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi kicked him out of the session.

Justin went running home to daddy with tears in his eyes because coach called him names or some such thing. Daddy decided to go fix it, because his little sweetums could never have deserved to be verbally lit up in a football practice.

At approximately noon, Combs and Diddy came to UCLA’s athletic facility, the Acosta Center, while Alosi was in his office, which is adjacent to the weight room.

Let's not miss the part of the incident between the lines:

The incident began early Monday morning when Justin Combs, Diddy’s son, was participating in an off-season workout on UCLA’s field. According to sources, Combs, who will be a redshirt junior defensive back this fall, had missed some recent workouts and wasn’t giving a great effort Monday morning, so UCLA strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi kicked him out of the session.

Justin went running home to daddy with tears in his eyes because coach called him names or some such thing. Daddy decided to go fix it, because his little sweetums could never have deserved to be verbally lit up in a football practice.

At approximately noon, Combs and Diddy came to UCLA’s athletic facility, the Acosta Center, while Alosi was in his office, which is adjacent to the weight room.

Rep for truth

This has to be a rich and famous thing, as I can't see a "regular" father of a player ever thinking so highly of himself to do something like that at the collegiate level (especially the Pac 12 level).

It's definitely something that happens a decent amount at the high school level, though. We've had so many parents over the years come bitch to us after Freshman and JV games about the (lack of) playing time their kid got. A number of parents come watch practice every day and some have even interrupted it in the past to "have a word" with a coach about the way things are being done or how many reps their kid is getting. I'm always so embarrassed for their kids.

This has to be a rich and famous thing, as I can't see a "regular" father of a player ever thinking so highly of himself to do something like that at the collegiate level (especially the Pac 12 level).

Can be, but helicopter Dads are in all levels of income. Mora will get this kid to transfer freeing up a scholarship.

Question I have is if this kid was ever more than a publicity stunt. Did Rick think it would make the Bruins an ultimate destination? Come here and hang with Diddy!

Nothing will come of this. Just a ploy to get a large donation. All kidding aside I would not want these circus acts on our team, and why exactly is his father there watching conditioning drills??

Deserves to be cross posted in the "justify 7 wins" thread.

UCLA circus side show causes mora to squander talent and under-achieve.

Can be, but helicopter Dads are in all levels of income. Mora will get this kid to transfer freeing up a scholarship.

Question I have is if this kid was ever more than a publicity stunt. Did Rick think it would make the Bruins an ultimate destination? Come here and hang with Diddy!

As I understood it at the time, he was largely being recruited because he was good friends with Deaysean Rippy. Combs committed first, and when the Rippy situation fell apart, Neuheisel honored the commitment.

It's definitely something that happens a decent amount at the high school level, though. We've had so many parents over the years come bitch to us after Freshman and JV games about the (lack of) playing time their kid got. A number of parents come watch practice every day and some have even interrupted it in the past to "have a word" with a coach about the way things are being done or how many reps their kid is getting. I'm always so embarrassed for their kids.

We don't hear about it but I'd guarantee that lots of programs in the country have had to deal with helicopter parents. Lots of these people are living their dreams through their kids, why would they stop once they get to college?

In many cases the parents managed the kids recruiting process after pushing them through HS football.

The schools probably choose not to publicize it because they don't want to scare off other prospective players because "the coaches don't get along with parents."

Considering that some of the parents are continuing their involvement after college it would shock me if they weren't much more common that people might think.

http://www.npr.org/2012/02/06/146464665/helicopter-parents-hover-in-the-workplace

http://www.roberthalf.com/employers...ting/hiring-managers-how-to-handle-helicopter

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleys...r-parents-are-sabotaging-their-childs-career/

We don't hear about it but I'd guarantee that lots of programs in the country have had to deal with helicopter parents. Lots of these people are living their dreams through their kids, why would they stop once they get to college?

In many cases the parents managed the kids recruiting process after pushing them through HS football.

The schools probably choose not to publicize it because they don't want to scare off other prospective players because "the coaches don't get along with parents."

Considering that some of the parents are continuing their involvement after college it would shock me if they weren't much more common that people might think.

http://www.npr.org/2012/02/06/146464665/helicopter-parents-hover-in-the-workplace

http://www.roberthalf.com/employers...ting/hiring-managers-how-to-handle-helicopter

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleys...r-parents-are-sabotaging-their-childs-career/

Wow, that is unreal. Parents turning in resumes, going to job interviews, phoning HR on behalf of their kids? Are you millennials compete pussies or what?

First job I had, I came home and bitched about this and that, my old man said nothing. After about 15 minutes of it I asked why he had nothing to say. He said "they are paying you, right?" I said yes, and he said "Then shut up and let me eat my dinner."

Wow, that is unreal. Parents turning in resumes, going to job interviews, phoning HR on behalf of their kids? Are you millennials compete pussies or what?

First job I had, I came home and bitched about this and that, my old man said nothing. After about 15 minutes of it I asked why he had nothing to say. He said "they are paying you, right?" I said yes, and he said "Then shut up and let me eat my dinner."
Rep for the way it should be

Doesn't take much apparently

[tweet]613204578255790080[/tweet]

Also, all this was caught on security cams, so we might get a video at some point.

I think in CA the law is actually called 'criminal threats' or something. Cops basically just toss that bad boy on there if there's witnesses that douchebag was making a bunch of threats and what not. Not sure how often it actually makes its way through to the DA and the DA keeps it on the list of charges.

I'm assuming that Diddy is guilty.

UCLA went after LA celeb kids partly because it wanted to win the local "coolness" contest over USC. Trojans had all the local celebs attending practices and making it the place to be. No way is UCLA going to hurt itself by calling the cops and having a very public issue with Diddy unless what happened was seriously screwed up. It does not want this attention.

Sounds like you're a pussy, too, and your dad's the tough one.

I'm assuming that Diddy is guilty.

UCLA went after LA celeb kids partly because it wanted to win the local "coolness" contest over USC. Trojans had all the local celebs attending practices and making it the place to be. No way is UCLA going to hurt itself by calling the cops and having a very public issue with Diddy unless what happened was seriously screwed up. It does not want this attention.

We all know the real reason why you assume he's guilty.

~AZ

Diddy Asked Rick Neuheisel Who He Was a Half-Hour Into a Campus Tour

“I took them on their campus tour,” Neuheisel said. “A half-hour into it, (Diddy) asked me who I was. He said, ‘Tell me what you do, Rick.’ I said I’m the head football coach here. He said, ‘You’re giving us the tour?’ I said, ‘Absolutely, this is my school. This is where I went. I want to give you a feel of what it’s like to be a student.’

Rick Neuheisel was responsible for recruiting a problem into school? Color me shocked. I mean, he has always had sound judgment where recruits are concerned.

rep for finding that. Freak'n hilarious

edit: the more I think about that. If I was Rick, I would have slowly continued the tour right to the exit, and told both of them to "have a nice day" as I closed the door behind.

Rick is a publicity hound. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing, that trait made him, generally, a very good recruiter. He went after lil Diddy because pops would be a draw to young players (hey, I get to see Diddy all the time if I go to fUCLA), and pops had $$$$ to contribute to the program. The problem is Rick never sees the downside before hand. Whether it be making a splash by bringing a female FG kicker on the squad or signing a marginal DB because his pops is a hip hop artist, Rick only sees the publicity splash, never the pitfall between him and the publicity splash.

Rick is a publicity hound. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing, that trait made him, generally, a very good recruiter. He went after lil Diddy because pops would be a draw to young players (hey, I get to see Diddy all the time if I go to fUCLA), and pops had $$$$ to contribute to the program. The problem is Rick never sees the downside before hand. Whether it be making a splash by bringing a female FG kicker on the squad or signing a marginal DB because his pops is a hip hop artist, Rick only sees the publicity splash, never the pitfall between him and the publicity splash.

That's because he knows he'll be long gone before any possible ramifications occur.

Back