What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DiStefano Lets A Donor Know Where He Stands

C'mon, Phil. Repeat these words and do it with passion. "My legacy in Boulder will not be complete until the Football program is once again winning conference championships and bowl games. I am making the success of football a priority that has, frankly, been neglected to some degree. I bare responsibility for that. Keeping Hawkins for a fifth year was a mistake that haunts my dreams, and I seek to right a wrong."

Lmao at him continually bringing up 4/20 and the Party Rankings. He is so glad that one student he knows chose CU because we stopped 4/20

I like that they're so worried about their image that they will be pay $500k to squelch 4/20, but they won't pay to handle something that is far more damaging to their image - football

"my legacy in boulder will not be complete until the football program is completely irrelevant. I have intentionally neglected football and really don't care what you think unless you have $50 million to give me. If possible, i would have kept hawkins for a lifetime. Only pushing for a 5th year was a mistake that haunts my dreams, and i seek to right a wrong by letting the current staff slide by as long as they want to stay here."
fify

I wasn't there when Brad had his conversation with DiStefano, but I tend to believe him. I base this on my own interaction with DiStefano. More accurately, it is a lack of interaction on his part following hard copy letters and emails that I have sent to him. He flat out refused to respond to my letters and emails. I never heard from him. My letters and emails were regarding the importance of athletics and football to the overall impression that the university presents to the public. The underlying problem at the time of my correspondence was keeping a coach who was clearly harming the football program and university. My letters and emails were not only firm in stating my position, ideas and opinions, but were also very polite.

In contrast, Mike Bohn and Bruce Benson responded to my letters and emails, and I actually had several cordial email exchanges with Bruce Benson. I'm still not convinced that Benson truly believes he needs to support Colorado athletics. I am convinced that DiStefano doesn't care. Regardless of whether DiStefano was right in a way or not, he exhibited, at least according to Brad, extremely poor form. He appears to be a small-minded, rude, nasty little man. This is not the personality that should be presented to anyone, let alone alumni and donors, by a chancellor of a university. Phil DiStefano is an individual who can't leave the University of Colorado soon enough. There is no evidence that he cares about the football program and athletics as an important part of the overall university operations.

The stream cut out a little bit but he made a joke about they day Wineland won his Nobel Prize, someone in NY wanted to talk about the football team

Such.poor.leadership.

A good leader unites all departments, and all supporting entities. The message is (should be) that we are one team. The multiple brands (academic v. athletic), the jokes that promote one department at the expense of another are inappropriate.

One team. The athletic department represents the school as a visible outreach. Premier academic programs are ultimately the goal of the university, but all who work in employment of the University, support the University and lead the University are all on the same team. Why make a joke at the expense of one your valued teams?

The Chancellor knows someone who chose CU because we cracked down on 4/20? I'll bet there are literally thousands of potential out-of-state students who didn't even consider CU because our football program isn't relevant.

Two confessions:

1. I'm not really 35.

2. I chose CU (and paid out-of-state tuition for 4 years) because of the football team. There. I said it.

:(
Judging by his behavior, your fix seems closer to the truth.
Yeah, and that's a pretty sad statement. His actions and inactions regarding athletics and specifically the football program speak volumes about how much of an emphasis he puts on fielding a top flight football program.

This is the schedule for the study/planning process as laid out in the initial solicitation for bids. My guess is that we'll know exactly what's going to happen shortly after everyone else is done playing their bowl games.

III. SCHEDULE
The new streamlined capital construction process dictates the following schedule. The selected consultant must demonstrate that they have sufficient resources to meet this tentative schedule.

• Issue RFQ for Consulting Services July 12, 2012
• Pre-Submittal Meeting (9:30-10:30 am) July 23, 2012
• Deadline for Submittals (4:00 pm) August 2, 2012
• Committee Screening of Submittals August 3, 2012
• Consultant Interviews August 14, 2012
• Conclude Contract Negotiations September 13, 2012
• Initiate Planning Effort October 2012
• Preliminary Draft submittal November 2012
• Conceptual Design Review by DRB December 2012
• Final Draft submittals January 2013

I wish somebody could ask him about what he plans to do with the guaranteed $120 million dollar check that the Pac 12 wrote (net increase of $10 mill per year over 12 years from the Big 12) to CU.

I wish somebody could ask him about what he plans to do with the guaranteed $120 million dollar check that the Pac 12 wrote (net increase of $10 mill per year over 12 years from the Big 12) to CU.

Under the Big 12 conference - Colorado had revenues of approximately $35.8 million. That included conference dispersal $8.625 million. Take away the money from the conference, and Colorado had revenues of approximately $27.175 million.
Colorado had expenditures of approximately $36.6 million (a loss of approximately $800,000)

Under the Pac 12 conference, figures have not been released. I assume that total revenue, not including conference payments, will be roughly the same. I also assume that the total expenditures will be approximately the same.
Assuming the Pac-12 conference pays out $20 million for their ABC/ESPN/Fox contract and a very conservative $2.5 million for the Pac-12 network, then Colorado should receive revenues of approximately $49.675 million.

These are all very rough figures. I don't know the date of this athletic department budget data. But assuming is is grossly in the range or the current budget - CU should have a windfall of very roughly $13 million this year. (i.e. revenues should top expenditures by approximately $13 million)

http://www2.indystar.com/NCAA_financial_reports/expense_stat/show?school_id=20

Back