What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

District 6 (Aurora)

Is/was Carson a pro-athletics Regent? Keeping those seats pro-athletics is key, but need to gain another pro athletic seat or two.

Is/was Carson a pro-athletics Regent? Keeping those seats pro-athletics is key, but need to gain another pro athletic seat or two.
Yes he was.

We're at a point where one or two makes a difference - gotta keep this one in the family.

Here is the Democrat running - don't know her stance on athletics, but did reach out to her on Twitter to see where she stands:

Allbuffs did this a number of years back, reaching out to individual candidates to get their insight into athletics.... and most recently we did it with Lucky Vidmar who barely lost to Kroll in the Denver primary. Vidmar was a Democrat and a big supporter of athletics.

Here is the Democrat running - don't know her stance on athletics, but did reach out to her on Twitter to see where she stands:

Allbuffs did this a number of years back, reaching out to individual candidates to get their insight into athletics.... and most recently we did it with Lucky Vidmar who barely lost to Kroll in the Denver primary. Vidmar was a Democrat and a big supporter of athletics.
From her website.
Ilana will fight for a University of Colorado where academic scholars can obtain the same scholarship opportunities as those in an athletic program

Take it for what it is worth but sounds like someone who resents the fact that athletes get scholarships when her targeted groups don't.

I would worry about this wording. Sounds like a "Cure cancer" statement.

John Carson is not running for re-election.

There seems to be a clear choice in this one if you're looking for a pro-athletics candidate: Richard Murray. He's endorsed by a few of our pro-athletics Regents.

Met him at the Signing day thing... Seemed really on the ball and a solid choice

I will reach out to her via email with more formal questions around funding and share when I get a response.

Any way to get her to talk specifically about football?

Often , we hear “pro Athletics “ but it means “other than football” because football is too violent and unbalances Title IX scholarship count equality.

The real issue is support for football because without a commitment there we don’t have anything.

Met him at the Signing day thing... Seemed really on the ball and a solid choice
You won't find a more qualified Regent than Richard Murray. He's an accomplished Lawyer, and a huge supporter of CU Athletics. My hope is that upon his election, he can provide some much needed common sense and leadership to the "lesser" informed Regents.

You won't find a more qualified Regent than Richard Murray. He's an accomplished Lawyer, and a huge supporter of CU Athletics. My hope is that upon his election, he can provide some much needed common sense and leadership to the "lesser" informed Regents.
I don’t know if I really can vote for a huge athletic supporter for regent.

I was at an event with Murray last night and he walked up to the table, handed his card to one of them 3 men standing there, said he was running for Regent & walked away.

I was the only one at the table who lives in District 6, passionate alum and season ticket holder. Would have loved to hear his views on many CU issues.

I will probably vote for Murray (I am a lifelong Democrat but have no problem voting for Rs for Regent if they are the best candidates) but damn if that isn’t the 2nd time a white male R candidate avoided the females at the table and it really pisses me off.

For what it's worth, I have met Rich many times. In real life I attempt to be a private person so I am reluctant to share publicly how I know him, however while we may not share the same political philosophy, I know him to be a stand up guy who will be an advocate for a very strong athletic program. He and his family are Buffs. Better at attending games than I am, for sure. I don't really like a lot of people, but the Murrays are first rate.

Had a chance to talk with Mr. Murray yesterday, and man does he glow when talking about his love for CU football.

His opponent boasts the endorsements of both Kroll and Shoemaker, and she has been dancing around the issue of football support. He warned there is a real threat in CD-6 (Aurora, Parker, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Englewood), and we should all keep our eyes on this race.

Last edited:
Haven't lived in Colorado for years (Thanks, Navy!) but I don't give a damn if you're R, D, or whatever letter of the alphabet, you'd have my vote if you were a staunch supporter of athletics at CU.
Party affiliation should not matter for regents.

Which brings up another question - what district is Berkley/Tennyson area of Denver? Thinking of claiming my sister's address for residency.

Back