What's new

District 6 (Aurora)

TSchekler

Club Member
Club Member
Is/was Carson a pro-athletics Regent? Keeping those seats pro-athletics is key, but need to gain another pro athletic seat or two.

skibum

Did not pee on the Alamo.
Club Member
Is/was Carson a pro-athletics Regent? Keeping those seats pro-athletics is key, but need to gain another pro athletic seat or two.
Yes he was.

We're at a point where one or two makes a difference - gotta keep this one in the family.

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
Here is the Democrat running - don't know her stance on athletics, but did reach out to her on Twitter to see where she stands:

Allbuffs did this a number of years back, reaching out to individual candidates to get their insight into athletics.... and most recently we did it with Lucky Vidmar who barely lost to Kroll in the Denver primary. Vidmar was a Democrat and a big supporter of athletics.

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Here is the Democrat running - don't know her stance on athletics, but did reach out to her on Twitter to see where she stands:

Allbuffs did this a number of years back, reaching out to individual candidates to get their insight into athletics.... and most recently we did it with Lucky Vidmar who barely lost to Kroll in the Denver primary. Vidmar was a Democrat and a big supporter of athletics.
From her website.
Ilana will fight for a University of Colorado where academic scholars can obtain the same scholarship opportunities as those in an athletic program
Take it for what it is worth but sounds like someone who resents the fact that athletes get scholarships when her targeted groups don't.

I would worry about this wording. Sounds like a "Cure cancer" statement.

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
I will reach out to her via email with more formal questions around funding and share when I get a response.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Any way to get her to talk specifically about football?

Often , we hear “pro Athletics “ but it means “other than football” because football is too violent and unbalances Title IX scholarship count equality.

The real issue is support for football because without a commitment there we don’t have anything.

BorrachoBuff

Met him at the Signing day thing... Seemed really on the ball and a solid choice
You won't find a more qualified Regent than Richard Murray. He's an accomplished Lawyer, and a huge supporter of CU Athletics. My hope is that upon his election, he can provide some much needed common sense and leadership to the "lesser" informed Regents.

goalline

Club Member
Club Member
You won't find a more qualified Regent than Richard Murray. He's an accomplished Lawyer, and a huge supporter of CU Athletics. My hope is that upon his election, he can provide some much needed common sense and leadership to the "lesser" informed Regents.
I don’t know if I really can vote for a huge athletic supporter for regent.

unionbuff

Club Member
Club Member
I was at an event with Murray last night and he walked up to the table, handed his card to one of them 3 men standing there, said he was running for Regent & walked away.

I was the only one at the table who lives in District 6, passionate alum and season ticket holder. Would have loved to hear his views on many CU issues.

I will probably vote for Murray (I am a lifelong Democrat but have no problem voting for Rs for Regent if they are the best candidates) but damn if that isn’t the 2nd time a white male R candidate avoided the females at the table and it really pisses me off.

f***bailer

Club Member
Club Member
For what it's worth, I have met Rich many times. In real life I attempt to be a private person so I am reluctant to share publicly how I know him, however while we may not share the same political philosophy, I know him to be a stand up guy who will be an advocate for a very strong athletic program. He and his family are Buffs. Better at attending games than I am, for sure. I don't really like a lot of people, but the Murrays are first rate.