What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ditch "Air Raid" scheme

I am not going to continue arguing with you because you're arguing against points I have not made.

To summarize my position...

1. I am in favor of running the ball. I want balance. You want more ZR. I am not in favor of abandoning the passing game style that helped the team (i.e. "ditching" the AR concepts from the offense).

2. You think teams can't incorporate concepts from offensive systems. I disagree. IMO, we had great success with short and intermediate passes this year in moving the chains to complement the run game. Against better opponents, we failed when we stopped passing the ball to short and intermediate receivers and relied on QB keeps in the ZR.

3. From your posts, you've stated you'd prefer more ZR. This ignores we tried that strategy in the Udub and Okie Lite games to with great disappointment. We did not have great success offensively in those games with ZR heavy game plans.

4. ASU gave up 4.9 YPC on the season. I am glad we did not struggle against them. Oklahoma State gave up 4.7 YPC this season and shut us down because of our predictability. We tried it your way (more ZR) and a bad rush defense made us look god awful.

You realize that we exposed the ASU rush defense, right? If you are so interested in raw numbers, you should look up the rushing yardage in our biggest offensive games.

It seemed to me that the only AR offense we saw was mostly the quick pitches. We had some concepts that use AR, but it was a hybrid offense with ZR. I think we are making this a bigger deal than it is, IMO.

It seemed to me that the only AR offense we saw was mostly the quick pitches. We had some concepts that use AR, but it was a hybrid offense with ZR. I think we are making this a bigger deal than it is, IMO.

What I was most disappointed in this year with the offense is that we didn't see that 2-back stuff from the AR that gets a RB quickly to the corner in space - often with a lead blocker.

What I was most disappointed in this year with the offense is that we didn't see that 2-back stuff from the AR that gets a RB quickly to the corner in space - often with a lead blocker.
haha - I think it was you who brought this up (maybe someone else?) in the off-season, but really like the concept of that play. I am not a fan of the air raid, but there are some good running concepts that seem to work well and that includes the two RB's.

Edit: As I think about it, I remember thinking how great that play could be with a Lindsay/Lee backfield with Lindsay leading the way.

Back