What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do we care about whether CSU gets better?

CU will get plenty of national TV love playing in the Pac-12 and just wondering when was the last time CU vs. CSU was on ABC?
The more games on national TV the better, just ask the coaches trying to recruit. Alot of CU-CSU being on national TV in the past has required that CU be of national interest, but when CSU has been good as well it puts the game over the top.

1995 - ESPN
1996 - ESPN2
1997 - FOX
1998 - ESPN
1999 - FOX
2000 - ESPN2
2001 - ABC
2002 - ESPN2
2003 - ESPN
2004 - FSN
2005 - TBS
2006 - CSTV
2007 - FSN
2008 - FSN
2009 - FSN
2010 - MTN
2011 - FSN/ROOT
2012 - TBA

The CU/CSU game used to get regular discussion on GameDay; now Fowler is worried about looking like a homer for even bringing it up as a sidebar. If CU gets back to being an elite team, then we'll get national exposure no matter who we are playing. But if we're in the #15-#25 range (which is probably the best we can hope for in a few years), the best bet for the CU-CSU game being revevant again is for CSU to up their game as well.

The more games on national TV the better, just ask the coaches trying to recruit. Alot of CU-CSU being on national TV in the past has required that CU be of national interest, but when CSU has been good as well it puts the game over the top.

1995 - ESPN
1996 - ESPN2
1997 - FOX
1998 - ESPN
1999 - FOX
2000 - ESPN2
2001 - ABC
2002 - ESPN2
2003 - ESPN
2004 - FSN
2005 - TBS
2006 - CSTV
2007 - FSN
2008 - FSN
2009 - FSN
2010 - MTN
2011 - FSN/ROOT
2012 - TBA

The CU/CSU game used to get regular discussion on GameDay; now Fowler is worried about looking like a homer for even bringing it up as a sidebar. If CU gets back to being an elite team, then we'll get national exposure no matter who we are playing. But if we're in the #15-#25 range (which is probably the best we can hope for in a few years), the best bet for the CU-CSU game being revevant again is for CSU to up their game as well.
Or we just get on national TV by playing and beating teams in the Pac 12 like USC, Oregon, and Stanford. Not some team with a ****ing goat with horns glued on.

If we are going to play them every year, which it appears we are, I would prefer that they were a top 25 team year in and year out.

Or we just get on national TV by playing and beating teams in the Pac 12 like USC, Oregon, and Stanford. Not some team with a ****ing goat with horns glued on.
Or we get both AND the in-state high school kids pay special attention to the rivalry and want to be a part of it for years to come. Do you think that might have something to do with the in-state recruiting whiffs, the fact that the game is a joke?

It really doesn't matter what we want, or they want. CSU at the BCS level is going to be a bottom feeder. They may occasionally bounce up and get 6 wins in their mid-major conference by beating other bottom feeders and go to a crap bowl but they will still end up losing a lot more than they win over time.

Simple fact is that college football is highly dependant on money and public interest. We know what their public interest is, playing home games in front of 15-18 thousand actual bodies, half of whom are there to support the visiting team. In their "glory years" they had trouble selling over 30,000 tickets on a consistent basis, an that with ticket prices roughly 1/2 those in Boulder and most legitimate schools. If they get their on campus stadium these numbers may actually go up by what 5,000? Their core of fans are as dedicated as any in the country but are way to small to support a major college program and the casual fans just aren't interested in supporting a perpetual loser.

Things aren't going to get better. They have one of if not the lowest athletic and football budgets in the MWC. They get between 1.5 and 2 million a year from the confernce TV deal, a number not likely to improve as the top teams continue to abandon the conference.

I would love to see them be a championship caliber team, at a level they can compete. Stop this farce of trying to be big time and go to the FCS level. Build a 20,000 seat on campus stadium that they can fill, play teams that have similar budgets. In a word be a big fish in a smaller pond instead of a sardine in the ocean.

Or we get both AND the in-state high school kids pay special attention to the rivalry and want to be a part of it for years to come. Do you think that might have something to do with the in-state recruiting whiffs, the fact that the game is a joke?
Honestly, no I don't think that the CU/CSU game matters at all in this regard. The local media will pump up the game and within a week they've moved onto the Broncos as the primary focus of the sports section. That'll be the case if the game is a joke or not.

What will matter for getting in-state recruits is having a coaching staff that is worth a damn and actually puts some focus on these guys -- I'm not saying Embree & crew aren't doing that, but it's only their 1st full year and before that, we had dips**t Hawkins ruining the show. Oh yeah, having a team in Boulder that's actually winning more than losing would go a long ways towards enticing the local kids to play for CU

Honestly, no I don't think that the CU/CSU game matters at all in this regard. The local media will pump up the game and within a week they've moved onto the Broncos as the primary focus of the sports section. That'll be the case if the game is a joke or not.

What will matter for getting in-state recruits is having a coaching staff that is worth a damn and actually puts some focus on these guys -- I'm not saying Embree & crew aren't doing that, but it's only their 1st full year and before that, we had dips**t Hawkins ruining the show. Oh yeah, having a team in Boulder that's actually winning more than losing would go a long ways towards enticing the local kids to play for CU

Hawkins got lots of the local kids, didn't he?

:nod:

And both those kids and their coaches have now told stories in and around their high school programs. HaLk is the gift that keeps on giving.

I think at the beginning he did (and I'm hoping one of the many recruiting junkies will help me out here), but from what I remember hearing, the local in-state guys were getting more and more turned off by Hawkins.

I have to deal with these assholes a lot living in NoCo. I said it sucks to be a csu ram, I said it sucks to be a csu ram. worst fans I've ever seen.

I wouldn't mind seeing them getting better if they were in a conference that better fit their capabilities. BigSky, SunBelt, ..........

Why is this thread in the recruiting forum ? Why does this thread exist? I don't know the answers to these questions...

Why is this thread in the recruiting forum ? Why does this thread exist? I don't know the answers to these questions...

I pulled it out of a recruit thread. Accidentally posted the new thread to recruiting instead of the regular football forum.

When it comes to overall quality of the students and how beautiful the women are:

Colorado (Boulder) = Ab

CSU = bC

UNC = cD

pretty much goes to location, campus, athletic teams, education too

I still go for all Colorado teams, all else being equal.

Don't care...whip them at the beginning of the season as usual, forget about them for 360 or so days, whip them, rinse, repeat.

Beating CSU won't help our BCS standing. Beating PAC 12 teams will and winning bowl games. CSU's success has no bearing on our standing in the college football world.

I hope they fall into the abyss. Their fans make me sick and what they do means jack squat to what CU does.

**** CSU.

I don't care how good or bad they are I will be equally as satisfied when we ****ing slaughter them.

Oh and the only good thing about the game being played in Denver is how well "I said it sucks to be a CSU ram" echoes throughout the corridor after the game.

Back