What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Donations

@Orr Judging by your response to my post I am assuming your Northern VA location includes a Mcveigh like cabin where you utilize your strategic location to keep eyes on our "sneaky" government. :thumbsup:
You and I are in the same thought process, but he's way to vague, I say he's some sort of government defense contractor, or a spy/fbi guy or something. Paranoid is right!

I am going to explain why I donate. Then I'll response to what makes me feel appriciated for my donation.

Why I donate:
I give to CU because of what CU has given me. About a third of my undergrad tuition was covered by a CU scholarship. One of CU's programs took an interest in me. I benefited from the program. I seek to provide a return on that investment by supporting that program with regular donations.

I am aware of how dependent universities are on private funding. Universities with the biggest endowments are generally superior to those with smaller endowments. I have a vested interest in supporting CU and helping the university be the best school it can be. I'm a competitive person, and it chaps me to see other universities ahead of CU. The best schools have enormous endowments, high tuition rates, and great faculty. A school like Stanford or Harvard can recruit talented students and reward them with scholarship dollars. They also endow professorships, and graduate people who go on to do great things. I'm not saying CU will ever have tens of billions of dollars in their endowment fund, but for CU to claim prestige, the bigger the endowment, the better the school will be.

I donate to the athletic department because of the manditory donation that comes with buying season tickets. I buy season tickets to help CU provide a platform for athletes to showcase their skills. I was blessed to be in school during the championship year and feel a cultural obligation to help pass that experience forward to students on campus today. I also ran XC and track and have a soft spot for supporting CU's incredible tradition of running excellence.

What would make me feel appriciated for my donation?
#1 - address me correctly. I am not Mrs Skidmark nor Ms Skidmark. Use "Mr." whenever you call or write me. I've had this discussion with CU more than once. Get your **** together.

#2 - Don't treat me like a cash machine. I expect to be kept informed about what is going on around campus and inside the programs that receive my contributions.

#3 - Acknowledge my gifts. CU has been really good about this. I keep every response for tax purposes.

#4 - respect my opinion. Seek feedback that goes beyond "I'd like to validate your contact information." Ask me what I think. Ask for my input, survey or otherwise. Then let me know what is important. Respond to my communications in something other than a standard form letter. Surprise me every once in a while by doing something that makes me want to say, "wow, these people at CU really get it." Give me an opportunity to participate, when appropriate. Some of my favorite CU experiences have come long after I graduated. I enjoyed tremendously the opportunity to participate on scholarship selection panels and meet some future students and some of the hard working people that makes CU tick.

#5 help me show off my CU pride. Let me choose between a shirt or hat or auto emblem or mug or stationary or some selection of gifts. Make the gift special, and not something that can be purchased online or at the bookstore.

#6 show excellence in everything CU does. Recognize that my #1 reason to be on CU's campus involves paying for a football ticket, getting on an airplane, and maybe using a vacation day to enjoy a CU gameday. Do whatever it takes to make that experience special. Frankly, when CU has losing seasons, game day in Boulder can become toxic with people who are legitimately bitter and disappointed by the product on the field. Watching CU get blown out only compounds petty little annoynaces like poor cell phone coverage, lack of beer in the concession areas, and miserable traffic in and out of Boulder. Winning fixes a lot. Habitual losing keeps me from making an extraordinary effort to stay connected.

I've talked to some A&M and UT grads about this. Their experience (particularly A&M grads) seems to be an order of magnitude better than CU's. They showed me the newsletter and feed back requests they get, and it blows what CU is doing out of the water. It wouldn't take a lot of extra cash to provide that connection. Just a lack of effort on CU's part, IMO.

I think Orr is a Kazakh spy!
sacha-baron-cohen-borat-bruno-lawsuits-documentary.jpg

I just had to Google Dave Plati to find out who he even is so I wouldn't be too concerned. I feel like you guys are going to ask me to murder a hooker or something to prove I'm not a snitch! I feel like Ethan Hawke in Training Day right now.

I just had to Google Dave Plati to find out who he even is so I wouldn't be too concerned. I feel like you guys are going to ask me to murder a hooker or something to prove I'm not a snitch! I feel like Ethan Hawke in Training Day right now.

They asked me to murder a hooker when I started posting, and I don't think they even thought I was a snitch.

I just had to Google Dave Plati to find out who he even is so I wouldn't be too concerned. I feel like you guys are going to ask me to murder a hooker (allegedly) or something to prove I'm not a snitch! I feel like Ethan Hawke in Training Day right now.
Fify

Five. Five hookers. Allegedly.

This next question is the real test.
How many fans in this photo are wearing blue?
ujenahaz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Answer Zero, it is a trick question the Dodgers do not have any real FANS, only gang members who occasionally attend baseball games.

Not the answer I was looking for, but not a wrong answer either.

The crux of this test is a counting question. Please respond with one of these choices:

A) 200. But some are unintentionally wearing blue.
B) Several Thousand
C) The majority.

Back