What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Email Todd Saliman About Transfer Rules

Correct me if I’m wrong, but while getting transfers was a thing before the NCAA allowed immediate eligibility, it suddenly became a huge thing after the change. So I don’t think CU’s transfer issues were that big of a deal to the administration.

When the rules changed we were caught with our pants down. I don’t think the impact of the change as it effected CU hit home until we lost our best players and couldn’t get transfers in. All of this started at the end of the ‘21 season.

The issues Tucker had were more to do with getting HS recruits into CU. At that time transfers weren’t as big a deal as they’ve become.

Andre simmons. Independence college.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but while getting transfers was a thing before the NCAA allowed immediate eligibility, it suddenly became a huge thing after the change. So I don’t think CU’s transfer issues were that big of a deal to the administration.

When the rules changed we were caught with our pants down. I don’t think the impact of the change as it effected CU hit home until we lost our best players and couldn’t get transfers in. All of this started at the end of the ‘21 season.

The issues Tucker had were more to do with getting HS recruits into CU. At that time transfers weren’t as big a deal as they’ve become.
RG sits on the NCAA committee. Transfer and NIL policies changed without CU having awareness on the impact to the AD or a plan to adapt. Nuff said.

RG sits on the NCAA committee. Transfer and NIL policies changed without CU having awareness on the impact to the AD or a plan to adapt. Nuff said.
I’m not absolving him. He did not foresee the impact that the portal would have and got caught with his pants down.

I don’t believe that. Gary Barnett said that only 57% of transfer applications for football were accepted last year, so I have to think they knew why the other 43% were denied. Maybe PD didn’t know, but only because he didn’t care and hasn’t been involved with football issues in years. I think RG definitely knew but just didn’t really care. Maybe he knew but didn’t know how easy it would be to fix? I don’t know, the whole thing reads as them pleading ignorance about an embarrassing situation that got national media attention
You don’t believe RG’s own statement?

Hey Not particularly
Dude Kill Count GIF by Dead Meat James

A) I agree. But even still, why has CU had issues with transfers forever?

2) What was the admissions issue? How was it different than other schools? Just the PE/Gen Ed major?

Reactions: DBT
Yeah. Kinda laughed at Dorrell’s comments too.
KDs quotes in that article should be used by every leadership program and business school as a perfect example of the difference between failing leadership and successful leadership. Successful leadership fights and removes roadblocks. Failed leaders simply accept the status quo and don’t fight. It’s a simple litmus test that can help inform how successful a leader will be and it’s often overlooked.

RG is spinning.

"Once we were made aware, I worked quickly and decisively with Phil, the academic community and the BoR to make the needed changes" is better spin than "I knew. We all knew. Phil wouldn't even let me have a conversation about it and since KD wasn't a complainer and would do his best with whatever hand he was dealt, I saw no reason to stick my neck out before Saliman stepped in to say he expects to win and expects a home run hire."

RG is spinning.

"Once we were made aware, I worked quickly and decisively with Phil, the academic community and the BoR to make the needed changes" is better spin than "I knew. We all knew. Phil wouldn't even let me have a conversation about it and since KD wasn't a complainer and would do his best with whatever hand he was dealt, I saw no reason to stick my neck out before Saliman stepped in to say he expects to win and expects a home run hire."
Yup. Phil didn't know (see: the firing presser where he thought the issue was about jucos) so RG wasn't gonna hang him out to dry.

RG is spinning.

It is spin. It’s just that he doesn’t understand how it makes him look worse to admit that he was asleep at the wheel.

KDs quotes in that article should be used by every leadership program and business school as a perfect example of the difference between failing leadership and successful leadership. Successful leadership fights and removes roadblocks. Failed leaders simply accept the status quo and don’t fight. It’s a simple litmus test that can help inform how successful a leader will be and it’s often overlooked.
You could also just use the win loss record. 🤣

Back