What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Email Todd Saliman About Transfer Rules

i would add that in the pantheon of Buff fan dumb-assery, which includes:

"dave logan should be the next hc"

"we need coaches that 'bleed black n gold'"

"the flatirons and boulder are all the recruiting we need"

we should now add:

"we love to attack a prominent booster for stating an opinion and we use gender as a part of the attack"

some of you people suck.
“Dodgers are going to win the WS”

There is a line between whining and constructive criticism. The CUAD deserves a lot of criticism. I think the debate here is whether Kelli is being constructive or not.

Right.

The question to me is "Have these tweets done anything other than erode her credibility and make her look bush league" and the answer, in my opinion, is no.

Yep. Most of the “food is bad” complaints on campus and in athletics are from the Dino nugget and pizza roll contingent who is upset about the healthy and good things to eat hahaha

Montez was probably pissed back in the day

My freshman year at Mines my good buddy's dorm roommate was a tackle on the Mines football team. Guy would wake up in the middle of the night most nights, throw about 30-40 pizza rolls on a plate, toss them in the microwave, eat them, then go right back to bed. It slayed me. Like something a ten year old kid would think the most awesome part of moving out of the house would be, pizza rolls and ice cream in the middle of the night AND NOBODY CAN TELL ME NO! Tom Hanks in "Big" type ****.

Maybe we need to hire Mines' football nutritionist and get these boys some ****ing midnight pizza rolls.

FWIW, the man child ended up being a good player and one of the strongest players on the team so there might have been a method to his madness, although correlation does not imply causation.

Not sure I like the B4Life getting more involved in CU. And I heard Gary Barnett say they are taking 15% of all donations to pay for B4Life initiatives that are not recruiting related

Not sure I like the B4Life getting more involved in CU. And I heard Gary Barnett say they are taking 15% of all donations to pay for B4Life initiatives that are not recruiting related
Maybe not directly related to recruiting, but I’d sure be selling the presence of a collective that is designed to help you not just during your playing career, but also well after.

The 15% thing I don't even see as bad. Some of their other donations will likely dry up a bit, so taking 15% of the NIL haul off sets some of those losses

The 15% thing I don't even see as bad. Some of their other donations will likely dry up a bit, so taking 15% of the NIL haul off sets some of those losses
That is one issue I see for a group that has been overly influential in the AD. The fact that they will now make dollars off of an AD supported NIL program is not a positive for this AD. Not at all

It remains to be seen if Saliman will do what it takes to turn around the program. But, if you look at his Twitter it is filled with CU sports stuff. He obviously seems very engaged with athletics and at the least seems interested

There was an article in the Denver Post today regarding CUs transfer rules. It was not a well-written article in that it provided no insight into the CU restrictions just implied they existed. The quote from Phil seemed like to me they had no intention of changing anything.

“I’ve long maintained that having strong academics and strong athletics are not mutually exclusive,” the CU chancellor said via email. “I know there is a narrative that our lack of success in football is directly tied to our transfer policies but recruiting in football, like in all sports, is complicated and it’s not accurate to believe that our academic standards will prevent us from being successful.”

Seems to me he is confusing CU's red tape and archaic transfer policies with Academic excellence.

I thought Gary Barnett had the overview of things.

“What everybody’s starting to realize now is that, for 60-70 years, the NCAA had kept the playing field level in (almost) every regard, every measure,” Barnett noted. “(Those) leveling factors have been removed. And now, (university) presidents can’t hide, chancellors can’t hide, behind field-leveling rules.

“Now each school decides at what level they want to play at. Because it means changing your admission standards and especially, now, transfer standards. It means (determining whether to) pay kids and how much you want to pay them. So that every president, every school now has to decide, ‘OK, at what level do I want to play college football?’”

Phil "has long maintained" and in that period CU's academic rating has declined while athletics hasn't won sh!t.

It's always amazing to me that someone can arrogantly live in their little bubble sniffing his own farts and not be aware of the reality that his policies and vision were wrong.

Edit: In other words, get this bureaucratic dinosaur out of here. He's set in ways that have only ever failed CU.

Sounds a lot like Mendenhall’s “And” mantra at Virginia (really an extension of Harbaugh‘s philosophy at Stanford and Franklin’s pitch while at Vandy). Hopefully not a tell that the administration has made a Mendenhall with the intention keeping the status quo. I’m generally okay with Bronco but think even he would need some institutional changes.

Phil "has long maintained" and in that period CU's academic rating has declined while athletics hasn't won sh!t.

It's always amazing to me that someone can arrogantly live in their little bubble sniffing his own farts and not be aware of the reality that his policies and vision were wrong.

Edit: In other words, get this bureaucratic dinosaur out of here. He's set in ways that have only ever failed CU.
Well, he does already have one leg out the door. Somebody grab an axe and take care of the other. :D

Article where Saliman and RG essentially suggests this only happened due to the spotlight on the issue
“I didn’t know the magnitude of the issue (before October),” athletic director Rick George said.

Then he goes on to say it was brought up by virtually every HC candidate. Wtf?

I find the whole article astounding. It is malpractice that RG and DiStefano didn't understand the transfer situation
I don’t believe that. Gary Barnett said that only 57% of transfer applications for football were accepted last year, so I have to think they knew why the other 43% were denied. Maybe PD didn’t know, but only because he didn’t care and hasn’t been involved with football issues in years. I think RG definitely knew but just didn’t really care. Maybe he knew but didn’t know how easy it would be to fix? I don’t know, the whole thing reads as them pleading ignorance about an embarrassing situation that got national media attention

Correct me if I’m wrong, but while getting transfers was a thing before the NCAA allowed immediate eligibility, it suddenly became a huge thing after the change. So I don’t think CU’s transfer issues were that big of a deal to the administration.

When the rules changed we were caught with our pants down. I don’t think the impact of the change as it effected CU hit home until we lost our best players and couldn’t get transfers in. All of this started at the end of the ‘21 season.

The issues Tucker had were more to do with getting HS recruits into CU. At that time transfers weren’t as big a deal as they’ve become.

Back