What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree

Hawkins left the cupboard destitute and barren. I don't think fourteen games in is enough of a sample size.
You could be right, but we aren't heading in the right direction. 2-10 is most likely scenario now. Half the staff will be gone at the end of the year.

Disagree, but hope I'm wrong.

In the same way Cubs fans hope this is their year...

Us Cubs fans know it's never our year. It's always the next year that will be our year.

I'm sick of being a die hard fan of losing teams.

I was on board for three years to see Embree's progress. I guess I'll give him the three. But, there was not one bit of improvement, same old ****--so I think I know where we'll be at the end of year three.

Stupid special teams play (again), and a completely gutless call on 4th and less than 1. Once that weak roll out was called, game over. That sent the signal that the OL was waving the white flag.

Outcoached by a long way.

I find it hard to give a **** about this team anymore last time we were actually good I was 13. Will watch the team but have no desire to waste my money on a program that just doesn't get it. It isn't 1994 quit doing it the "CU" way and do it the ****ing way that gets you wins. I really don't give a **** if we go to a spread if it helps us win more games who cares.

Just curious what happened to the "increase in team speed". Dudes all looked like they were jogging.

They really did... I mean, it's one thing to look like you are stuck in mud against perennial powerhouse Toledo Rockets, but to look like that against CSU?! oh man....

Got to give Embree at least 3 years but probably 4. This team is so young and it showed. So many freshmen playing due to the horrible recruiting due to Hawks
last year when he didn't give a ****. I'm not happy and our coaching was bad today but there's a lot of football left to see if things can change.
McCartney didn't turn things around right away.

Got to give Embree at least 3 years but probably 4. This team is so young and it showed. So many freshmen playing due to the horrible recruiting due to Hawks
last year when he didn't give a ****. I'm not happy and our coaching was bad today but there's a lot of football left to see if things can change.

Correct, but we cannot have back to back debacles, we might not ever be relevant again.

Quit with the young bull****. The average record for teams playing 10 or more freshman was 7-6. ****** ****ing coaching lost the game, not freshman.

Quit with the young bull****. The average record for teams playing 10 or more freshman was 7-6. ****** ****ing coaching lost the game, not freshman.

coaching lost the game for sure.... team like CU isn't average right now- once the punt was muffed the team played like a bunch of freshmen

Here's my thing, in a lot of our conference games this year the other team will have more talent and speed, making those games hard to win. Today, the other team did NOT have more talent or speed. They were better coached and wanted it more, and that is inexcusable. That being said, I agree with those who said we could go 0-12 and Embree will be back. My support, however, is wavering given that we showed no improvement over last year. Maybe he can still turn it around and I really hope he can, but patience is going to wear thin. This could also be a problem with fundraising for the new facilities, hard to get donations when the team is showing nothing.

Hawkins left the cupboard destitute and barren. I don't think fourteen games in is enough of a sample size.

Agreed Hawkins left the cupboard bare, but you still cannot get outcoached in this game. We have superior talent, young but better athletes overall. What shocked me was our lack of toughness. CSU pushed our offense around and moved the ball on our defense when they needed to. Who goes for it on 4th on the 1 and then rolls a hurt QB out? Makes no sense. If you didn't think you could gain the 6 -9 inches with Powell, then kick the damn FG and take back the lead. God what a stupid play call. Bottom line Marshall and probably Bieniemy should be on notice.

Agreed Hawkins left the cupboard bare, but you still cannot get outcoached in this game. We have superior talent, young but better athletes overall. What shocked me was our lack of toughness. CSU pushed our offense around and moved the ball on our defense when they needed to. Who goes for it on 4th on the 1 and then rolls a hurt QB out? Makes no sense. If you didn't think you could gain the 6 -9 inches with Powell, then kick the damn FG and take back the lead. God what a stupid play call. Bottom line Marshall and probably Bieniemy should be on notice.

This.
This.
This.

Once that weak ass call was made, it was like waving a white flag for the offense

A) I now know why we are recruiting so many offensive lineman
B) Do we have tight ends? Maybe use some of them on routes over the middle to keep the inside linebackers from unleashing in the A gaps all game long
C) If we don't have a kicker who can kick a 40 yard field goal and we have to go for it all year long...recruit a DAMN kicker
D) Put our WRs on the jug machines Monday until they can catch 50 balls in a row

Correct, but we cannot have back to back debacles, we might not ever be relevant again.

There are very few "haves" and many, many "have nots" in college football. Those teams that fall into those categories hardly change from year-to-year. It is extremely difficult and takes time and money to change it around.

Watching the Ariz v Toledo (ESPNU), Wash v SDSU (on line), and Fresno v Weber (on line). None of those look good for us. We're not beating Washington.

Hawkins left the cupboard bare?

You think that Steve Fairchild left the cupboard totally stocked for McElwain with his 1 and 2 star recruits?

CU is a National Championship winning team in one of the premier conferences in the country. They have been in one of the premier conferences for the past 30+ years. Whether the cupboard is bare, it is NEVER more bare than CSUs cupboard. CSU wins, when they do, because they have superior coaches like Sonny Lubick who can convince COs 3 stars to stay home, or they luck out with a kid like BVP.

That the cupboard is this bare in Embree's second year is a joke. I thought it was a joke hire before he was hired, I said he would suck when he was hired, I wanted him fired after last year, I am calling for his firing now, and I can't believe that anyone thinks they see a shred of someone who has the ability to coach up lesser talent which you need at a school like CU where our in-state talent will ALWAYS be beneath our competitions.

Normally you give a guy at least three years and usually four. At the same time you expect to see some form of progress that is tangible in this process.

Embree took over a team that was devoid of talent and devoid of attitude. The talent issue would take time no matter who was the coach. It takes time to bring in athletes that are at least competitive and then it takes time to develop them into college level athletes and players. You aren't going to get a lot of the guys who are ready as freshmen right off the bat.

I am probably more optimistic in terms of the recruiting so far than most and I saw signs at the end of last year that the attitude was getting better. Today I saw some of the old Hawk, figure out how to lose, attitude coming back out. Not protecting the ball, dumb penalties, etc. is discouraging.

More discouraging is getting physically dominated by a terrible football team. If they closed the program today and set the CSU roster free to transfer I doubt they have 10 guys who would get multiple AQ offers. Still they beat us on the LOS all day long. Our most experienced unit, the O-line got beat by a bunch of marginal athletes. We also got completely outcoached. Bad decisions on short yardage, bad decisions regarding field position, failure to take FGs that would have given us points that would have given us the game, and plenty more.

The players know who was the better athletes, the players know who should have won. When coaches lose games like this by stupid choices it can't help but to make the players question their ability to win.

If we aren't making real progress again by the end of the season then season three needs to be make or break for Embree and the staff.

Watching the Ariz v Toledo (ESPNU), Wash v SDSU (on line), and Fresno v Weber (on line). None of those look good for us. We're not beating Washington.

IMO, the Pac-12 is actually a lot worse than expected this season. Which makes it more of a shame we couldn't have shown some semblance of improvement because a team with half a pulse could stumble to 4 conf. wins in this year's Pac

IMO, the Pac-12 is actually a lot worse than expected this season. Which makes it more of a shame we couldn't have shown some semblance of improvement because a team with half a pulse could stumble to 4 conf. wins in this year's Pac

the season isn't over last I looked at the schedule-
Buffs still will get their chances at Wazzu, Zona as well as ASU and UCLA in Folsom-
they won't beat them if they play like they did today but have to hope we see changes for the good-

Buffs still will get their chances at Wazzu, Zona as well as ASU and UCLA in Folsom-
they won't beat them if they play like they did today but have to hope we see changes for the good-
What are you smoking? Will you share??

True but we are all pissed because our offense was so bad. No toughness at all. If I hadn't seen the videos of them working hard, I would have guessed they played Xbox all summer.

I just want to see some ****ing attitude. Act like you give a damn if you win or lose.

Back