What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

Andy Reid is a giant as a coach in this game today and McCoy is probably not wrong about any of the hierarchy. EB has had plenty of time to learn from Andy. EB came from an organization that had Mahomes also had their **** together In the front office

EB has none of that now.

Hopefully he learned something from Andy.

Andy Reid is a giant as a coach in this game today and McCoy is probably not wrong about any of the hierarchy. EB has had plenty of time to learn from Andy. EB came from an organization that had Mahomes also had their **** together In the front office

EB has none of that now.

Hopefully he learned something from Andy.
Agreed. I wish EB well and I hope he succeeds in Washington.

Having a running back counter the argument that RB is a good running back coach, but not a good OC, probably defeats the purpose.
Nah. He never said that. Charles played in the NFL for a while and under plenty of coaches. He thinks he should be a HC which is at the very least notable

Dorrell is well respected as an NFL WR coach, but that’s his ceiling.
not sure GIF by Night At The Museum

Dorrell is well respected as an NFL WR coach, but that’s his ceiling.
Might be a good combination.

EB is known from past history for volatile emotions. KD shows his emotional outburst by blinking slightly more rapidly. Provide some balance.

I would probably describe Dorrell more as competent than respected. After that many years in the business he has found his level as a WR coach. It would be logical that with that much experience he would be at least a passing game coordinator or some similar elevated responsibility.

Hope he gets the job to save CU some money but agree with @4BienemyTDs that this is probably an attempt to show that he is complying with his requirement to seek employment. KD is most interested in retiring to his Boulder County home, Looking at his coaching and recruiting results it seems that he already had done so emotionally when he came to CU.

I think the personality traits that are flaws for Dorrell as a head coach and a recruiter in college are strengths as NFL assistant, particularly coaching wide receivers that are notoriously mercurial.

In any case, don’t intend to turn EBs thread into a debate on Darrell’s future career. If he gets the job, it’s great for CU as everyone has pointed out.

I think the personality traits that are flaws for Dorrell as a head coach and a recruiter in college are strengths as NFL assistant, particularly coaching wide receivers that are notoriously mercurial.

In any case, don’t intend to turn EBs thread into a debate on Darrell’s future career. If he gets the job, it’s great for CU as everyone has pointed out.
It helps CU (a little), but I don’t think it does much for EB. I’m not willing to put in the effort to verify, but didn’t the Miami Offense (and WRs) show improvement after Dorrell left?

It helps CU (a little), but I don’t think it does much for EB. I’m not willing to put in the effort to verify, but didn’t the Miami Offense (and WRs) show improvement after Dorrell left?
The Miami Dolphins have too many variables with QB play, coaching, and an ever changing WR group to even come close to teasing out Dorrell’s impact. I know the Packers were rumored to be attempting to hire him away at one point.

Back