What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bieniemy - OC Kansas City Chiefs (NFL)

EB would be a good candidate if he would consider us. Working under Reid has proven to be huge for future head coaches. Pull your head out of your ass and realize CU would be lucky to get a top young OC in the NFL. This isn't the program some of you remember and cling on to from the 90's. This is a program that has sucked for the entire time my (age 22) generation has been alive. Recruits don't care about coach Mac or some Hail Mary against Michigan. CU would be beyond lucky to land Les Miles or EB. Time to be realistic and stop acting like anyone but CU fans remembers when we were good. EB probably won't want to come here because he's likely to be a NFL head coach and gets to spend time around Patrick Mahomes. Its ****ing unreal some of you think we are above him.

EB would be a good candidate if he would consider us. Working under Reid has proven to be huge for future head coaches. Pull your head out of your ass and realize CU would be lucky to get a top young OC in the NFL. This isn't the program some of you remember and cling on to from the 90's. This is a program that has sucked for the entire time my (age 22) generation has been alive. Recruits don't care about coach Mac or some Hail Mary against Michigan. CU would be beyond lucky to land Les Miles or EB. Time to be realistic and stop acting like anyone but CU fans remembers when we were good. EB probably won't want to come here because he's likely to be a NFL head coach and gets to spend time around Patrick Mahomes. Its ****ing unreal some of you think we are above him.

Get this out of here. We brought him back as part of the Embree fiasco, and he was running an offense that ran QB sneaks on first downs. I'll pass.

Get this out of here. We brought him back as part of the Embree fiasco, and he was running an offense that ran QB sneaks on first downs. I'll pass.

I do not think he is a good fit at the college level, but you are being silly here. People can learn and grow as coordinators, even if the first job goes poorly.

I do not think he is a good fit at the college level, but you are being silly here. People can learn and grow as coordinators, even if the first job goes poorly.

I was probably unfair with that-I don't think EB is a serious candidate for this job. I don't think our fanbase (as a whole) would go for it.

Being a young person, I'm curious do you know that EB was the OC for Jon Embree? Do you also know it was probably the worst team in CU FB history? Our offense was a laughingstock.

Being a young person, I'm curious do you know that EB was the OC for Jon Embree? Do you also know it was probably the worst team in CU FB history? Our offense was a laughingstock.

I could see that being a potential roadblock for RG, but I mean come on. The guy is getting attention for NFL head coaching jobs, we should be excited and hope he would consider here.

I could see that being a potential roadblock for RG, but I mean come on. The guy is getting attention for NFL head coaching jobs, we should be excited and hope he would consider here.
Not sure if you're trolling, but if not, RG will not get near EB. He's a CU HOF player and respected by all for what he did on the field, but he will not be our next HC.

But to answer your question yea, tbh this site has taught me a ton about CU football. Between research and reading tons of posts, Ive been able to piece together a solid amount. My favorite pick for head coach is either Les Miles, Jedd Fisch (@Buffnik made him sound pretty appealing in another thread) or EB. I think all three of those coaches would bring excitement and media attention which are two things we could use.

I love EB, but I don’t think he’s a realistic candidate for a NFL HC job. That KC offense is all Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes.

I’d like to see EB as a HOF head coach. The Redskins are a place where players and coaches go to die unfortunately.

I love EB, but I don’t think he’s a realistic candidate for a NFL HC job. That KC offense is all Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes.
He's actually very realistic. It's only a matter of time
Someone is going to take a chance and see if he can replicate the Andy Reid magic. He has been learning under him for a while now, it's a standard progression in the coaching ranks. He will get his shot.

I didn’t mean to imply that he would never be a realistic candidate. I just don’t think his time is now.

Dan Snyder has never had an over .500 coach, although he has hired one HOFer in Joe Gibbs, and two likely HOFers in Mike Shannahan and Marty Schottenheimer.

Snyder forces terrible player moves and dictates who to draft to the front office. It’s the main reason they are perpetually bad.

He treats the non playing staff like garbage, and pays the worst in the league. He once gave out bags of apples in lieu of Christmas bonuses.

If EB were smart, he’d turn that job down if offered.

Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, and Matt LaFluer all worked on the Redskins staff at the same time. Lol
Good on Gruden for shelling that there and some say his OC is another sharp offensive mind. Can only do so much with that level of dysfunction in that organization.

Back