What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bieniemy - OC Kansas City Chiefs (NFL)

Dan Snyder has never had an over .500 coach, although he has hired one HOFer in Joe Gibbs, and two likely HOFers in Mike Shannahan and Marty Schottenheimer.

Snyder forces terrible player moves and dictates who to draft to the front office. It’s the main reason they are perpetually bad.

He treats the non playing staff like garbage, and pays the worst in the league. He once gave out bags of apples in lieu of Christmas bonuses.

If EB were smart, he’d turn that job down if offered.

He is smart, and he will. We could see openings in Atlanta, Minnesota, Dallas, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and Carolina (EB might be a slam dunk there if they still believe Cam Newton has something left) and they're all better gigs than Washington. For that matter, I think the Jets (you've got a pretty good young QB and Le'Veon Bell to work with) are a better gig if they decide to dump Adam Gase.

Self made guy though. Can't be that stupid.
Catching lightening in a bottle in business doesn't make you an expert at personnel and coaching in the NFL.

In fact, if he were smart, he would have surrounded himself with the right people in the right positions he could trust to make those football decisions for him.

I believe the opposite is true, given the track record over an expanded horizon.

I just meant there is a difference between him and say some idiot like James Dolan who would have been dead in a ditch years ago if not for Daddy.

Dan Snyder has never had an over .500 coach, although he has hired one HOFer in Joe Gibbs, and two likely HOFers in Mike Shannahan and Marty Schottenheimer.

Snyder forces terrible player moves and dictates who to draft to the front office. It’s the main reason they are perpetually bad.

He treats the non playing staff like garbage, and pays the worst in the league. He once gave out bags of apples in lieu of Christmas bonuses.

If EB were smart, he’d turn that job down if offered.

As a (somewhat reformed) Redskins fan, every word of this is true. LaVar Arrington even says players are forced to call him "Mr. Snyder" and "lesser" employees aren't allowed to make eye contact with him. He's a complete POS and the franchise's only hope is for the league to someday force him to sell.

Bump - the whole Twittersphere making this desperate plea (I think he stays in the NFL)

I'd be a lot more interested in EB as the HC of my NFL team.

College team? ehhhh, QB sneak on 1st down and practicing one offense all offseason just to abandon it immediately rings true still.

I'm wary too. I get that the Cheifs had a dynamic and explosive offense, but is that on Bieniemy or Andy Reid?
Gotta think EB was a bit of a puppet as OC....Reid always had the play list....always on the phone....who really called the shots? Dont think it was Eric....

I don't care about the EB doesn't call plays angle. Doug Pedersen didnt either, and he has a super bowl ring and multiple division titles in Philly already. Give EB or Chev experienced coordinators they can work with on both sides of the ball and I'm fine with either move if it happens.

I think its more likely EB stays put than comes here though.

Being an effective HC is about a lot of things, not including being able to be a good play caller.
Which is why his stint at CU 10 years ago is not relevant to me. Can he recruit? Yes. Does he know the offensive game, including collegiate concepts? Yes. Can he lead men? According to every player that's spoken out from the Chiefs, yes. Does he love CU? Yes. Can he work with 18-22 year olds as well has he has worked with 21-35 year olds? We don't know.

Which is why his stint at CU 10 years ago is not relevant to me. Can he recruit? Yes. Does he know the offensive game, including collegiate concepts? Yes. Can he lead men? According to every player that's spoken out from the Chiefs, yes. Does he love CU? Yes. Can he work with 18-22 year olds as well has he has worked with 21-35 year olds? We don't know.
My question for EB would be- What’s keeping you here if you receive a NFL offer?

The worst thing we could do is hire a guy who is going to do the same thing.

My question for EB would be- What’s keeping you here if you receive a NFL offer?

The worst thing we could do is hire a guy who is going to do the same thing.
We have to be prepared to lose any coach we hire in 2-3 years, assuming they have the success we expect. I would love to have the next Mike Gundy, but it's unlikely. This situation was an aberration and is very unlikely to be repeated.

It really depends on if EB still has the desire and will to recruit, along with coaching college players. He's grown a ton since leaving CU the last time and is obviously a step a way from a HC job in the NFL.

If you give him some good resources for assistants, I think it could work out well. Just not sure he is still a fit for college or not.

We have to be prepared to lose any coach we hire in 2-3 years, assuming they have the success we expect. I would love to have the next Mike Gundy, but it's unlikely. This situation was an aberration and is very unlikely to be repeated.
That would be prime- getting the next mike Gundy.

I feel like I just got broken up with lol

I’m unsure about EB. I will say this, though. When he was briefly at CU, he had only been a position coach for 8 years before becoming OC. There were also a bunch of other factors at play as well, including a depleted roster, a bad AD, too many cooks in the kitchen with Embree, a bad choice for DC, etc., etc.

There is zero doubt he is now qualified to be the CU head coach. Is he the correct choice? I don’t know.

Back