What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN reporting Nutt interested in KU job

Bad news for other teams in the Big 12 North if he gets the job. Can coach, recruit, PR - the total package. Shows how serious Sweet Lew is about producing a winning program.

Nutt's name comes up for every job. That guy just plays it for raises whenever he can.

And has solid Texas/South recruiting ties.

He could own the North in fast fashion with CU down and out and NU with half of a ballclub.

Nutt could do no such thing. He is good for the occasional signature win and not much else on a sustained basis.

Nutt could do no such thing. He is good for the occasional signature win and not much else on a sustained basis.

That's my impression of him. Wins some big ones, loses just as many head scratchers. All the while, his act wears thin in a hurry with boosters, parents and players. He certainly didn't leave Arkansas better than when he found it and if he leaves now, he'll leave Ole Miss in worse shape than he found it.

Just glad the fat man is gone. Nutt don't scare me. Without someone elses talent to use, hes ****ed. Unless Mangino has been recruiting far better then I think he has, Nutt would do jack **** there.

That's my impression of him. Wins some big ones, loses just as many head scratchers. All the while, his act wears thin in a hurry with boosters, parents and players. He certainly didn't leave Arkansas better than when he found it and if he leaves now, he'll leave Ole Miss in worse shape than he found it.

Exactly... if he goes to KU it will be better for CU in the long run. There might be a year or two where he gets his team fired up and beats you, but he doesn't really have anything that will threaten you. He will bring his elementary junior high rushing offense, not develop a qb, and have subpar recruiting classes, all while throwing everyone at KU except himself under the bus.

if i'm KU, one reason i like taking a shot with Turner Gill over Nutt is Gill is from Texas. he's revered as a player in the midwest, he has 3 rings as an assistant for Dr. Tom. he can recruit Texas, KC/STL, and the upper midwest with that package. what Nutt brings is "back in the SEC...." and 5-8 wins per.

i suspect the KU AD likes the proven track record of Nutt which he sees as a continuous revenue stream from his secondary athletic commitment. winning football and bowl revenue is all big gravy at KU. basketball is what your ass is tied to if you are the AD. Gill represents a bit of a gamble, imo. but to me, a good one.

Nutt's name comes up for every job. That guy just plays it for raises whenever he can.
It's all just business, I'd take any coach who could roll into CU and win 8 games his first year. Maybe 8 or 9 his second year, a couple of decent bowls. If he gets a better offer - more power to him. Or you can stick with "Little Danny Boy" and watch the whole thing crumble.

It's all just business, I'd take any coach who could roll into CU and win 8 games his first year. Maybe 8 or 9 his second year, a couple of decent bowls. If he gets a better offer - more power to him. Or you can stick with "Little Danny Boy" and watch the whole thing crumble.

I think evil beak would be very happy if we stick with hawk.

Aren't you guys missing the best part of Nutt to Kansas? Nutt left the corn crying' in their cereal when he turned them down and the corn was forced to hire one of my favorite coaches ever--Callahan.

Now imagine KU hiring the guy that refused to go to NU. :thumbsup:

ESPN's now reporting that Nutt has no interest in the KU job.

Yeah, IMO he was doing it to try to get a raise, or a "two year pass" from OM... he did it all the time at Arkansas, with Nebraska, LSU, and then in his last year he tried to jump ship to Baylor as well. Just him trying to squeeze more money out of the program.

After looking at the ku board, it looks like they have lost some recruits over Manginos resignation. Wonder if any were recruited by CU?

Back