What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Exhibition games

CU loses scrimmage: "Meh it's just a scrimmage. Plus this could be a good thing."
CU wins scrimmage: "See how awesome we are?"

CU loses scrimmage: "Meh it's just a scrimmage. Plus this could be a good thing."
CU wins scrimmage: "See how awesome we are?"

Nope a scrimmage is a scrimmage. It is all situational work. Doesn't matter. Unless of course we were scrimmaging against a top 25 team, but even then I doubt Tad would be really trying to win as much as trying to get the young guys some situational work

At this point I am expecting a slow start. I just hope we start coming together sooner than later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can always spin the result either way. Not sure how much I'm taking away from this result. Bottomline however, winning beats losing.

I think that a loss in exhibition games is a big win for us. Our team needed to be beaten down a bit. From all accounts, their heads were starting to become too big. Also, who even knows who Boyle started. For all we know, he could've been using all the 2nd stringers at once to see who was panning out best so far into the preseason. Plus SMU is no push over. Larry Brown is a legitimate coach. He has assembled a team in Dallas that definitely has the capability of reaching March Madness. I am glad that Tad can use these losses to SMU and Boise as learning experiences.

Last year the Europe trip helped us out considerably early in the season imo. I think we'll start off slow this year with losses to Baylor and a couple other teams we "should" beat.

I don't think people see how good SMU is going to be this year. Their Top 5 players all returning, and all upper classman. Getting Keith Frazier was a big coup for them. Not to mention Larry Brown is going to bring out the best in them.

Nope a scrimmage is a scrimmage. It is all situational work. Doesn't matter. Unless of course we were scrimmaging against a top 25 team, but even then I doubt Tad would be really trying to win as much as trying to get the young guys some situational work

And there it is

Last year the Europe trip helped us out considerably early in the season imo. I think we'll start off slow this year with losses to Baylor and a couple other teams we "should" beat.
welcome to the pessimistic bandwagon

Scrimmages are glorified practices....nothing more nothing less

This isn't actually true - scrimmages can be glorified practices, yes. But they can be structured anyway the coaches agree on. It can be a normal 40 minute game with refs, it can be situational/match-up work, ie practicing against a zone, practicing a press. From the way we've heard that CU "lost" against both Boise St and SMU it appears that Tad favors organized games more than situational work.

Y'all mo****ers worry too much. Tad Boyle killed a Bear with his bare hands.

#Roll****inTad

Not playing well in these scrimmages is not a good thing.

It may mean something and it may not. But I've got to admit that I'd feel better if the reports had been that we rolled Boise State and SMU. I'm somewhat concerned. Baylor's a tough way to open the season.

While this news is a little concerning, we don't know anything about who played or what the setup of the scrimmage was like. It's a bit like the Broncos fans who were saying the sky was falling when they lost two games in the NFL preseason.

Tad knows what he has in his starters, I'm willing to bet Hopkins, Fletch, Thomas and King all got a lot of minutes.

Back