What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

F*** Joel Klatt

He replied to me on twitter to say that him and Dusty are good friends and they joke about that all the time--"that"=being an unathletic white receiver, I guess.

I think he was trying really hard to be funny, and he should probably stop doing that.
yeah, maybe he should avoid inside jokes on a national telecast.

At least he isn't black. I can't imagine the outrage. Although, if he was, he probably would have said it too fast for anyone to notice.

If memory serves here I think Sprague hailed from Holyoke CO. and Klatt was from Arvada. Maybe next time Sprague see's him he can give him a WTF ? and beat his phony arse. My money would be on the country boy over the suburban Rick with a P

If memory serves here I think Sprague hailed from Holyoke CO. and Klatt was from Arvada. Maybe next time Sprague see's him he can give him a WTF ? and beat his phony arse. My money would be on the country boy over the suburban Rick with a P

You should see the movie Knockaround Guys.

Good lord are you guys that hard up for something to be offended about? The guy made a two second joke about his old friend and you go running for a box of tissues.

Good lord are you guys that hard up for something to be offended about? The guy made a two second joke about his old friend and you go running for a box of tissues.

It was a good 15 seconds of commentary where Joel went off the rails on national radio. Even the hosts didn't know what to do with it. Listening to it live, it was apparent Joel was trying to be funny, but tough to figure out that it was a joke.

Know your audience. It's kinda like situational awareness. Nobody's gonna get your Dusty Sprague joke when it sounds like you're just throwing him under the bus for no reason.

And this isn't the first time he's tried to be funny and fallen flat. He tries it every time on Petros and Money, he's just not usually this douchey about it.

It was a good 15 seconds of commentary where Joel went off the rails on national radio. Even the hosts didn't know what to do with it. Listening to it live, it was apparent Joel was trying to be funny, but tough to figure out that it was a joke.

Know your audience. It's kinda like situational awareness. Nobody's gonna get your Dusty Sprague joke when it sounds like you're just throwing him under the bus for no reason.

And this isn't the first time he's tried to be funny and fallen flat. He tries it every time on Petros and Money, he's just not usually this douchey about it.

Sorry 15 seconds. I've still never seen anyone this butthurt over a joke that fell flat.

Sorry 15 seconds. I've still never seen anyone this butthurt over a joke that fell flat.

But not only was that a bad joke, but it also potentially spoke to Joel's ego, which everyone bitches about. Like it wasn't his talent that was the problem at CU, it was the talent around him. You're on national radio, wtf? Nobody got the reference but CU fans, and even then, why the hell bring white receivers or whatever into your whole commentary?

Last edited:
Simple question. Had the clumsy joke attempt referred to a stereotype about black athletes in the same manner as it did white athletes would Joel still be employed today.

Still confused about the thread title. Why would we reward him for saying something stupid? He isn't a woman.

:nod:

Back