What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

Wouldn't it be a kick in the dick if the football training facility was named after Phil D for his commitment to CU athletics? I have come to expect that kind of **** from the higher ups at dear ol CU.

Wouldn't it be a kick in the dick if the football training facility was named after Phil D for his commitment to CU athletics? I have come to expect that kind of **** from the higher ups at dear ol CU.

Freaking twilight zone. Knowing CU, this will happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not comparing the OU and ASU facilities to one another, rather I am comparing the presentation of their facility upgrades, which both have a certain shock and awe factor. I hope that when our facility upgrades get to this phase that we can gain some traction with recruits and boosters through a similar campaign. You have to admit both presentations were impressive, no?
The presentation was impressive? Profound.

ASU has been trying to get this done forever too. Our time table is faster, if we hit it the mark. Renderings should be out soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

To stay on topic, I thought some might find it interesting to see what Rick G. and Coach Mac are up against in the facilities arms race. This presentation comes out before signing day to help maximize its impact. It would be nice if CU could muster a rebuttal sooner rather than later.

ASU has been trying to get this done forever too. Our time table is faster, if we hit it the mark. Renderings should be out soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Come on, SD, you know CU is the only school where doing **** takes time! No other school has issues, just us.

Were hard hats and clipboards spotted near ASU stadium. I'm asking for another Allbuffs poster.

Here is the schedule

FIRST Advertisement 1/6/14
RFP Document Release 1/14/14
SECOND Advertisement 1/13/14
Mandatory Pre-Submittal Meeting 9:00 am 1/16/14
Written Requests for Clarifications Due 4:00pm 1/24/14
Written Responses Issued 1/28/14
Submittals (Prequalification: Step I) Due 4:30pm 2/4/14
Submittal Review 2/5/14
Interview Short List Announced 2/6/14
Submit Subconsultant Qualifications 2/6/14
Oral Interviews 2/11/14
Selection Announced 2/12/14
Design Review Board Initial Presentation 3/13/14
Design Review Board Concept Presentation 4/10/14
Design Review Board Schematic Design Presentation 6/12/14
Design Review Board Design Development Presentation 10/9/14
Start Construction (Anticipated) 5/12/14
Substantial Completion 8/1/15

http://www.colorado.edu/facilitiesm...n/documents/AthleticsComplexDBRFP01-10-14.pdf

To proceed with the project they must have a substantial pool of money to pull from. My guess is the end of February before we see renderings. Have to be patient a little longer.

Facility info from RG's email today:

We are continuing to work on our Sustainable Excellence Initiative (SEI), which includes the $143 million Athletics Complex Expansion improvement plan approved unanimously by the Board of Regents on December 4. We still very much have a target date of late spring to put a shovel in the ground with the goal of completing the project by the 2015 fall semester. We are working hard to raise the one-third of the funds needed, and we are making great progress to date. We are excited about where we are headed and hope to have some good news on this front in the coming weeks and months.

Again, we appreciate all of you; when all is said and done with this project, we hope many will have contributed to this important initiative for our future success. This will include help on many levels, from record major gifts to whatever one can afford to give.

If you’re interested in sharing our vision for the future and would like to support our SEI, there is more information at www.cubuffclub.com, or call the Buff Club office (303-492-2200).

Fatbuff needs a hug. Maybe then his posts wouldn't always be so negative.

The presentation was impressive? Profound.

It shouldn't be "profound" but based on CUs track record we'd unveil the facilities upgrades with a stapled 50-page essay report lacking any renderings or pictures. The biggest purpose of the upgrades are not even about the upgrades, they are about marketing, selling, dazzling the public. Until we see even a glimpse of that we can be skeptical.

It shouldn't be "profound" but based on CUs track record we'd unveil the facilities upgrades with a stapled 50-page essay report lacking any renderings or pictures. The biggest purpose of the upgrades are not even about the upgrades, they are about marketing, selling, dazzling the public. Until we see even a glimpse of that we can be skeptical.
Sigh, I'm sure Rick George got to where he is today by doing that kind of stuff

Working closely with Jeffrey Luftig, CU's Associate Vice Chancellor for Process Innovation and the
Director of the Office for Performance Improvement, we are in the last stage of
developing our comprehensive Strategic Plan. To date, the three
sanctioned strategic teams have worked closely together to create and finalize
our vision, mission statements, core values, value proposition and construct
analysis. On February 19, we will present the plan in its entirety to the
Regents.

We are continuing to work on our Sustainable Excellence Initiative (SEI), which includes the $143
million Athletics Complex Expansion improvement plan approved unanimously by
the Board of Regents on December 4. We still very much have a target date
of late spring to put a shovel in the ground with the goal of completing the
project by the 2015 fall semester.
We are working hard to raise the one-third
of the funds needed, and we are making great progress to date. We are
excited about where we are headed and hope to have some good news on this front
in the coming weeks and months.

Again, we appreciate all of you; when all is said and done with this project, we hope many will have
contributed to this important initiative for our future success. This
will include help on many levels, from record major gifts to whatever one can
afford to give.

If you're interested in sharing our vision for the future and would like to support our SEI, there
is more information at www.cubuffclub.com, or call the Buff
Club office (303-492-2200).

Here is the schedule

FIRST Advertisement 1/6/14
RFP Document Release 1/14/14
SECOND Advertisement 1/13/14
Mandatory Pre-Submittal Meeting 9:00 am 1/16/14
Written Requests for Clarifications Due 4:00pm 1/24/14
Written Responses Issued 1/28/14
Submittals (Prequalification: Step I) Due 4:30pm 2/4/14
Submittal Review 2/5/14
Interview Short List Announced 2/6/14
Submit Subconsultant Qualifications 2/6/14
Oral Interviews 2/11/14
Selection Announced 2/12/14
Design Review Board Initial Presentation 3/13/14
Design Review Board Concept Presentation 4/10/14
Design Review Board Schematic Design Presentation 6/12/14
Design Review Board Design Development Presentation 10/9/14
Start Construction (Anticipated) 5/12/14
Substantial Completion 8/1/15

http://www.colorado.edu/facilitiesm...n/documents/AthleticsComplexDBRFP01-10-14.pdf
So, how do you get one of them "oral interviews" exactly?

I like that there at least some tangible signs of progess here and that there is a timeline out in the open. Hope we meet it.

I assume they can get all the way to the 'start construction' phase without the $50 mil in hand? Am looking forward to more details on a big fundraising push sometime soon!

I assume they can get all the way to the 'start construction' phase without the $50 mil in hand? Am looking forward to more details on a big fundraising push sometime soon!

I bet you see a big fundraising push as soon as the design team is selected. There will be some preliminary elevations and renders at that point, which will help people see where there money would be going.

Initial short list for the design/contractor team to be announced today. We will know who will be building this thing in a week. I have my fingers crossed for Mortenson.

Back