What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

Quick question for those in the know. Does the garage construction get funded by the University or the AD? Curious if it helps with the overall construction costs. I'd assume whomever is footing the bill will be getting the day to day parking revenue.

Believe it's gonna be financed by future parking revenue so through the school

Quick question for those in the know. Does the garage construction get funded by the University or the AD? Curious if it helps with the overall construction costs. I'd assume whomever is footing the bill will be getting the day to day parking revenue.

Based on the comments from the dialy camera, i believe we are selling the children of boulder into slavery to pay for it.

SIAP, another construction vid update with the superintendent of the construction

[video=youtube;VOuEF3VdqvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOuEF3VdqvI[/video]

[tweet]487351160974495744[/tweet]

RG claiming that AD was running with a $5.6Mil deficit when he arrived, it is now down to $4mil. Also submitted a balanced budget for the first time in many years for 2014-15

AD is ahead of season ticket sales from last year.

Last edited:
Glad to see that Ringo got out of his potato chip-encrusted sweatpants to finally interview our AD regarding facilities.

RG is slaying it.

The early returns on RG are quite exciting. If MacIntyre can turn the football program around this AD might just achieve a few things.

SIAP but the sound system won't be fixed this season

As long as it is done for 2015. I think it's a bigger thing than RG originally thought (or most of us think). Since he's looking at expanding the number and types of events held at Folsom, he's got to have a sound system that does a hell of a lot more than be able to pick up a halftime speech loudly and clearly.

I think this is what we need in the locker room

[tweet]489081447337058304[/tweet]

New Texas A&M facility. Awfully fancy, looks like even more bells and whistles than Oregon's. Seems like a lot of stuff that can easily break or stop working though.

What they didn't mention was that all of that is just for the dog...

Dark, red, and creepy. A bit culty feeling. Sounds like aggy.

Also look at the difference in culture, recruiting factor, and probably budget.

WSU
BsmQ_CVCAAEq50l.jpg

aTm

locker9.jpg

Last edited:
I think our facility is exactly what we need it to be. It gets us back to a respectable level. I know that some have said it doesn't go far enough and while they may be right, we have another opportunity for expansion in the NW corner. I would love to see what the master plan is, because I am sure Populous/Mortinson submitted one.

I would think the west side and NW corner will be on the menu someday. Winning a lot in the next ten years could certainly hurry the possibilities along. Imagine the hari kari that would be committed up in Fort Fun is CU completed TWO major projects and they were still in fundraising mode?

I think our facility is exactly what we need it to be. It gets us back to a respectable level. I know that some have said it doesn't go far enough and while they may be right, we have another opportunity for expansion in the NW corner. I would love to see what the master plan is, because I am sure Populous/Mortinson submitted one.

Nik has said it before, and I agree - The facilities don't need to be the best, they need to just be not seen as a negative. Recruits shouldn't write us off because of facilities.

I like the idea of the high-performance olympic training center. That is good thinking, and the type of thing that will help keep money driving into future upgrades.

Nik has said it before, and I agree - The facilities don't need to be the best, they need to just be not seen as a negative. Recruits shouldn't write us off because of facilities.

I like the idea of the high-performance olympic training center. That is good thinking, and the type of thing that will help keep money driving into future upgrades.

The high performance athletics research facility may be the most brilliant move by Rick George in this whole upgrade.

The high performance athletics research facility may be the most brilliant move by Rick George in this whole upgrade.
Yeah, I was going to mention that as well. This will make CU pretty unique in the sports medicine and training arena. I'm not sure how that will effect recruiting, etc., but it'll make CU unique.

Yeah, I was going to mention that as well. This will make CU pretty unique in the sports medicine and training arena. I'm not sure how that will effect recruiting, etc., but it'll make CU unique.

It will definitely not be a big attraction for recruiting players. But recruiting grants/donations/faculty support it will be a big deal.

Back