What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Falo and Gordon SUSPENDED sentences (reinstated for fall camp)

Possession of a drug used in date rape (assuming I'm reading the police report correctly) also goes slightly beyond the bad decision label. Even if that wasn't what they were using it for, it's not good.

Response deleted since n/a. Bad info reported.

Turns out it was just codeine, which is sold OTC in Canada in Tylenol 3 for a bad cough.

Last edited:
Possession of a drug used in date rape (assuming I'm reading the police report correctly) also goes slightly beyond the bad decision label. Even if that wasn't what they were using it for, it's not good.

Ketamine, as I understand, is legally used as a starter for anesthesia. Can induce a trance like state. Works as a pain reliever, sedative, and can induce memory loss (useful for surgeries and other medical procedures) Could be used for other nefarious activities for sure. There are clinical trials right now for it being used as a depression medication but I highly doubt that was the use in this situation.

If I read the police blotter correctly, they stole ketamine!??! That's a very odd drug for another student to have a prescription for. When I worked at my local farm vet in high school, I injected cats with it so I could intubate before hooking up the gas in surgery. I guess there are some other therapeutic uses, but found it strange nonetheless.

Sucks for them, sucks for the team, and sucks for the person that got his stuff stolen.

Ketamine, as I understand, is legally used as a starter for anesthesia. Can induce a trance like state. Works as a pain reliever, sedative, and can induce memory loss (useful for surgeries and other medical procedures) Could be used for other nefarious activities for sure. There are clinical trials right now for it being used as a depression medication but I highly doubt that was the use in this situation.
People also use it recreationally (special K), so lets not label anyone a date rapist until there are facts that back that up.

People also use it recreationally (special K), so lets not label anyone a date rapist until there are facts that back that up.

This.

That and the previous post jumping to the conclusion these guys were pain pill addicts goes over the line from the available information. It's a sad situation, and hopefully an isolated incident. Let's not pile on and make it worse than it is.

I doubt they are using it for any sort of date rape, but it doesn't really matter. They could have been stealing a bunch of cocaine and it would have been just as bad.

Would NOT want to be in Falo's shoes when he faces mom and dad for the first time after this bit of BS!
Gordon? Don't know.

Better to weed the bad seeds out now than in the middle of camp, where it would be a real distraction. NJ is a loss; Gordon, not so much, despite Hagan's doting.

lxJtF3w.gif

I didn't read the report, just the headlines. Damn. If that's true it goes beyond "bad decisions" and into the realm of "dangerous predator". ****.
To be clear, I am not accusing them of using it for that. Ketamine is also a "club drug" like MDMA or ecstasy. From a PR standpoint, however, I don't see how the AD could live with the possibility.

To be clear, I am not accusing them of using it for that. Ketamine is also a "club drug" like MDMA or ecstasy. From a PR standpoint, however, I don't see how the AD could live with the possibility.
Call me strange, but I'm hoping they are just arrested and convicted of the crimes there's evidence they committed.

Sure. There are other reasons for these guys to have Special K in their possession, none of them good. They could be be looking to make a few bucks by dealing. Even maybe have stolen it knowing it had value but with no personal interest or connection to using it. Or maybe they just wanted to experiment with it to get high.

It just underscores how ****ing bad this is that the explanation above is what we're hoping for.

As an aside, this is also going to bring up some challenging issues on victim's rights versus the need to protect our communities. If the person they stole this from did not have a valid prescription, can or should the university or police take any action against the person?

Sure. There are other reasons for these guys to have Special K in their possession, none of them good. They could be be looking to make a few bucks by dealing. Even maybe have stolen it knowing it had value but with no personal interest or connection to using it. Or maybe they just wanted to experiment with it to get high.

It just underscores how ****ing bad this is that the explanation above is what we're hoping for.

As an aside, this is also going to bring up some challenging issues on victim's rights versus the need to protect our communities. If the person they stole this from did not have a valid prescription, can or should the university or police take any action against the person?

Yes

Stupid.

The LB depth is becoming what I feared. I don't even want to fathom what it would be like if we lose another starter/depth player.

It certainly would be an odd coincidence that they would just happen to break into the one student dorm room at CU that has a prescription of Ketamine lying around. Or do most of our 18-22 year old students, healthy enough to live in a dorm room no less, regularly take powerful analgesics? Bizarre.

Bobo is also upset about CU Fans calling out those two as being idiots. The team is upset, I get it. But ya, probably just leave twitter alone for today.
I understand their teammates' support and I think the closeness that they seem to be showing is a good thing, in general, but they fail to realize how big of an impact losing 2 starters (Samson and Falo) and another potential contributor will have on their season.

The fact that Bobo is mad at a fan for saying that was a stupid move and not mad at the actual player is disappointing. Teammates simply can't allow stuff like this to happen over the course of the last month and a half.

Thanks Highlands. Like kids aren't gonna post everything now. Should they? No, but they are going to. My son downloaded Straight Outta Compton on his school laptop. Smfh, the team can be upset, it was ****ing stupid. If anything, they should be upset with them two. Those are the ones playing next to you.

Bobo is also upset about CU Fans calling out those two as being idiots. The team is upset, I get it. But ya, probably just leave twitter alone for today.
Depends on the player. In response to the news, I got a "I hate my dumbass team". On another note with linebacker depth, Trent Headley just had shoulder surgery and I was looking for him to make a big impact in the fall despite the loss of NJ.

Depends on the player. In response to the news, I got a "I hate my dumbass team". On another note with linebacker depth, Trent Headley just had shoulder surgery and I was looking for him to make a big impact in the fall despite the loss of NJ.
Can't blame the sentiment. They all know how close they are, but they just keep shooting themselves in the foot in the worst ways.

Headley looked good in highlight films of spring ball, hope his shoulder heals quickly.

New write up on Daily Camera says codeine, not ketamine:

"According to an arrest affidavit, the two players are alleged to have stolen prescription codeine, a PlayStation 4 console, video games, a laptop and other electronics from a dorm room in Willard Hall on April 12."

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/...tball-players-arrested-accused-stealing-drugs

Codeine makes a lot more sense. Still not good, not smart, but better I suppose than ketamine.

Back