What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Falo and Gordon SUSPENDED sentences (reinstated for fall camp)

New write up on Daily Camera says codeine, not ketamine:

"According to an arrest affidavit, the two players are alleged to have stolen prescription codeine, a PlayStation 4 console, video games, a laptop and other electronics from a dorm room in Willard Hall on April 12."

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/...tball-players-arrested-accused-stealing-drugs

Codeine makes a lot more sense. Still not good, not smart, but better I suppose than ketamine.
I hope they're kicked out of school.

New write up on Daily Camera says codeine, not ketamine:

"According to an arrest affidavit, the two players are alleged to have stolen prescription codeine, a PlayStation 4 console, video games, a laptop and other electronics from a dorm room in Willard Hall on April 12."

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/...tball-players-arrested-accused-stealing-drugs

Codeine makes a lot more sense. Still not good, not smart, but better I suppose than ketamine.
Thanks for the clarification.

It's quite disappointing, but given the current state of the program, I am even more indifferent that I would have thought. They can lose 6 to 8 games with or without them. Given the new regional coverage, at least no one outside of Colorado or Utah will have to watch this dumpster fire.

I think it's a good thing that teammates support these guys. This is their extended family. I may not always agree with how some of them express things, but as a general point it's a positive for the program that they have each other's backs even when you have to go against popular opinion to stand behind someone.

Anyway, I'm bothered by criminal activity if guilty, but I'm not bothered by teammates treating them like brothers and standing up for them when others are being quick to throw these guys away.

I'm glad that got cleared up at least. There seemed to be a lot of misinformation and baseless accusations about what the players' intended to do with the drugs they stole. First ketamine is not a club drug. It is used recreationally and I personally have never heard it be connected to date rape. You take it, go into a "k-hole" and pretty much sit on your friends' couches for a night and do nothing. Regardless, what they stole is essentially prescription cough syrup. Sizzurp. Drank. Lean. Whatever you want to call it, it's a popular drug nowadays. And pretty much you drink it and feel loopy and chill out. Again, no nefarious intent. 99% positive these kids wanted to get ****ed up and play video games, not go out and do unspeakable things. It's bad enough the program was put in this situation without ignorant fans jumping to conclusions and hurling baseless inaccurate accusations without knowing the facts.

I guess this means we get to see more of Bisharat this year. This is a big opportunity for him to play right away. Gordon was the biggest TB on the roster.

What's new? Buffs still losing.

They should have just stole the codein. It would have never been reported. idots. CU Campus Police were pretty slick linking the WiFi connections to their phones.

Last edited:
Just to throw it out there, NJ says he was lookout and Dino did the actual stealing, including taking the items once out of the dorms. Does that make NJ less guilty in your eyes? To me it does, so long as Dino says the same thing - his idea and he roped NJ into helping him out. Dino is probably off the team, and suspend NJ for the year? (unsure if there's technically a difference based on 1-yr renewable scholarships).

I think even if (or when) HCMM disciplines NJ, we could still sit well with their family. If I had a son that did something idiotic like this, I'd want and expect the coach to discipline him immediately with something real - not just community service or a tongue lashing. Who knows though...I just don't think this incident will clearly kill our ability to recruit his brother.

Just to throw it out there, NJ says he was lookout and Dino did the actual stealing, including taking the items once out of the dorms. Does that make NJ less guilty in your eyes? To me it does, so long as Dino says the same thing - his idea and he roped NJ into helping him out. Dino is probably off the team, and suspend NJ for the year? (unsure if there's technically a difference based on 1-yr renewable scholarships).

I think even if (or when) HCMM disciplines NJ, we could still sit well with their family. If I had a son that did something idiotic like this, I'd want and expect the coach to discipline him immediately with something real - not just community service or a tongue lashing. Who knows though...I just don't think this incident will clearly kill our ability to recruit his brother.

IDK if that increase NJ's standing in my eyes. As a teammate brother and friend he should be getting them both out of that situation, not standing lookout.

Not a great day to be a Buff or a Buff fan. I have to admit that if the report from the Camera is accurate, I like that NJ Falo at least owned up to what he was doing to the police department (Conversely this means I don't like that Dino didn't admit to anything). A poor decision is an understatement here and given today's environment it is difficult to imagine either being with the team in the future. I think losing either player is a big deal, a very big deal. Dino was impressive running the ball at the spring game, not so impressive pass blocking....and with the lack of depth at LB Falo would be a very tough loss....and even worse if this impacts his brother.

There is a part of me that wishes we were back in the 90's....after all, Chauncey Billups once made a similarly poor decision (Not quite as bad) in stealing from the book store...and he didn't get suspended. Lots of bad press, some pine time and then he was back.

I have zero issues with a team mate sticking up for those on his team in public, even if he knows they made poor decisions. That team mate very well may be pissed off at the NJ and Dino...but you don't publish that anger to social media...you let them know that in person.

Sure. There are other reasons for these guys to have Special K in their possession, none of them good. They could be be looking to make a few bucks by dealing. Even maybe have stolen it knowing it had value but with no personal interest or connection to using it. Or maybe they just wanted to experiment with it to get high.

It just underscores how ****ing bad this is that the explanation above is what we're hoping for.

As an aside, this is also going to bring up some challenging issues on victim's rights versus the need to protect our communities. If the person they stole this from did not have a valid prescription, can or should the university or police take any action against the person?

This would be similar to what they are doing at BYU when they investigate the victim for honor code violations. Not a good idea.

Foundation is about becoming a solid person on a daily basis in their daily activities. That includes a commitment to things like self-discipline, perseverance, time management and responsibility.

Family is about being close, caring about each other and being accountable to each other. CU’s players have to fully understand how their actions affect their teammates – on the field and in life. They will understand how their actions represent Colorado and their individual legacies.

Future is putting the necessary energy into their academics. Education is their Future. Even if our student-athletes go on to play in the NFL for three to five years, they need to have an idea about what they want to be the rest of their lives. Football is what they currently do, it’s not who they are. He teaches them to use football to get an education and a better future.

The last “F” is Football. Coach MacIntyre believes if they have a good foundation, they are doing the right things, they care about the guys on their team, and they are doing well academically and know what their future is, when they come to football practice they are freed up, they will play better, they don’t have a lot of baggage.

As we have seen in the past, these players have to get by two systems - the legal system and the Student Code of Conduct. Reading the write up it seems doubtful they will get by either one. Different from getting in fight, this was premeditated and planned out. Both are equally guilty - my experience is the lookout is the brains of the operation (smart to take less risk).

I just don't see them making it back.

I'm glad that got cleared up at least. There seemed to be a lot of misinformation and baseless accusations about what the players' intended to do with the drugs they stole. First ketamine is not a club drug. It is used recreationally and I personally have never heard it be connected to date rape. You take it, go into a "k-hole" and pretty much sit on your friends' couches for a night and do nothing. Regardless, what they stole is essentially prescription cough syrup. Sizzurp. Drank. Lean. Whatever you want to call it, it's a popular drug nowadays. And pretty much you drink it and feel loopy and chill out. Again, no nefarious intent. 99% positive these kids wanted to get ****ed up and play video games, not go out and do unspeakable things. It's bad enough the program was put in this situation without ignorant fans jumping to conclusions and hurling baseless inaccurate accusations without knowing the facts.

Why don't they just smoke weed to "feel loopy and chill out", and eliminate the whole felony aspect with Sizzurp, Drank, Lean or whatever the **** it's called. And who the **** plays video games in college? Why don't they go out and talk to some of the 10,000 coeds in Boulder? By doing that, there is a pretty good chance they might get to wake up next to a hot girlfriend every morning.

I swear youth is wasted on the young.

Why don't they just smoke weed to "feel loopy and chill out", and eliminate the whole felony aspect with Sizzurp, Drank, Lean or whatever the **** it's called. And who the **** plays video games in college? Why don't they go out and talk to some of the 10,000 coeds in Boulder? By doing that, there is a pretty good chance they might get to wake up next to a hot girlfriend every morning.

I swear youth is wasted on the young.

is this a serious question?

Sure. There are other reasons for these guys to have Special K in their possession, none of them good. They could be be looking to make a few bucks by dealing. Even maybe have stolen it knowing it had value but with no personal interest or connection to using it. Or maybe they just wanted to experiment with it to get high.

It just underscores how ****ing bad this is that the explanation above is what we're hoping for.

As an aside, this is also going to bring up some challenging issues on victim's rights versus the need to protect our communities. If the person they stole this from did not have a valid prescription, can or should the university or police take any action against the person?

I am going to go off on this one. The stealing is stealing. Remember OJ Simpson said he was just stealing back stuff that had been stolen from him. These are separate issues. If the victim had the property illegally that is his problem with the legal system, but stealing from him is also illegal and is a separate illegal act. So the answer is yes the police need to enforce the law and protect the public. I will give you an example - your wife hurts her back but does not go to the doctor, one of her friends gives her a bottle some left over prescription pain killers. A bad person sees the that your wife has painkillers so attacks her and steals her purse to get the drugs. Should the perpetrator be let off because your wife did not a legal prescription? Of course not.

Thank you for the information. There are clearly a lot of people making really stupid decisions about taking these drugs.

I am going to go off on this one. The stealing is stealing. Remember OJ Simpson said he was just stealing back stuff that had been stolen from him. These are separate issues. If the victim had the property illegally that is his problem with the legal system, but stealing from him is also illegal and is a separate illegal act. So the answer is yes the police need to enforce the law and protect the public. I will give you an example - your wife hurts her back but does not go to the doctor, one of her friends gives her a bottle some left over prescription pain killers. A bad person sees the that your wife has painkillers so attacks her and steals her purse to get the drugs. Should the perpetrator be let off because your wife did not a legal prescription? Of course not.

I think you missed the point.

This is where the coaches earn their money - finding replacements for these guys.

I was asking it the other way. Should my wife in your scenario be prosecuted since the police only learned of her possession due to her being the victim of a crime?

I was asking it the other way. Should my wife in your scenario be prosecuted since the police only learned of her possession due to her being the victim of a crime?
Yes. Investigating the theft where your wife was the victim gives them probable cause to look intover where your wife obtained the pills. Or whatever the correct legal term is.

Back