What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Falo, Umu & Julmisse.

IMO Umu is a HUGE litigation risk and shouldn't be brought back under any circumstances whatsoever.

Litigation risk? I didn't think we ever heard what he did to get suspended, but sounds like you know? Would like to hear more.

I
Litigation risk? I didn't think we ever heard what he did to get suspended, but sounds like you know? Would like to hear more.

If I recall, he was kicked off the team for giving a Redshirting OL a serious concussion in a fight during a practice. CU is fortunate that the OL's parents are not the litigious types.

I have plenty. You live a dreamworld. Umu's position is not different from Tupou's or many others through the years. Unless you have some psychic insight to show that Umu is incapable of learning his lesson.

From the reported accounts of each guy's incidents, Umu's situation was very different than Tupou's. Any other talk about this is probably better done in Brazil, so I'll drop it.

Umu is probably the guy who would help the most, given our issues on DL, but all three would certainly make a difference.

It hurts to think about it, but those three guys, playing against UA and ASU, probably turn those games into wins this year.

Getting Julmisse back will be huge if true. Lessens the blow from Oliver going pro.

Noted civil litigation expert, PAHi.

Again, CU and the coaching staff are very fortunate that the Rutgers transfer's parents are not litigious types. Sometimes I think the CU "fan base" and the CU program deserve each other. Keep in mind that our 2016 NCOY is trying like hell to get out of CU because of having his reputation slandered over the Tumpkin incident and the last good coach we had before MM (Barnett) was run off over a fake sex scandal. It could be child's play to roll CU on the Umu situation and CU would cave in a heartbeat, unless what was reported about the event at the time is false.

Again, CU and the coaching staff are very fortunate that the Rutgers transfer's parents are not litigious types. Sometimes I think the CU "fan base" and the CU program deserve each other. Keep in mind that our 2016 NCOY is trying like hell to get out of CU because of having his reputation slandered over the Tumpkin incident and the last good coach we had before MM (Barnett) was run off over a fake sex scandal. It could be child's play to roll CU on the Umu situation and CU would cave in a heartbeat, unless what was reported about the event at the time is false.

I think you go to the other extreme. BTW, really glad it appears Julmisse ignored your advice when he got into legal trouble.

You seem to have incredible insights into Macs thinking about wanting out. Amazing stuff.

Keep in mind that our 2016 NCOY is trying like hell to get out of CU because of having his reputation slandered over the Tumpkin incident and the last good coach we had before MM (Barnett) was run off over a fake sex scandal.
8dd7aa46d497c98a2bd21cfa44724aa6a34f19876a54028e94097424baa41f2c.jpg

Complete hearsay

I think you go to the other extreme. BTW, really glad it appears Julmisse ignored your advice when he got into legal trouble.

The jury's probably out on that. Julmisse could have started all of this year for a good FCS program. He looks to be highly skilled and might have a $$ future in football if he can extricate himself from his CU situation. Hope it works out for both parties. I'll usually always take the interest of the player of the coach over that of CU. Sorry. I've been trained by events.

@PAHIBuff - your belief that no coach or player should want to be at CU is tiresome - my opinion reading your takes. Help me understand you on this. If you really feel that way, why do you bother spending so much of your time and heart on the Buffs? You don't come across as liking CU or Boulder.

@PAHIBuff - your belief that no coach or player should want to be at CU is tiresome - my opinion reading your takes. Help me understand you on this. If you really feel that way, why do you bother spending so much of your time and heart on the Buffs? You don't come across as liking CU or Boulder.

I get frustrated that we always seem to have problems that most other P5 programs don't have, or at least don't allow to turn into major high-publicity cluster****s. The Tumpkin event likely cost CU the services of MM, for good or for I'll, and in a serious P5 program would have been a three-day footnote. Following CU is often an exercise in futility.

I get frustrated that we always seem to have problems that most other P5 programs don't have, or at least don't allow to turn into major high-publicity cluster****s. The Tumpkin event likely cost CU the services of MM, for good or for I'll, and in a serious P5 program would have been a three-day footnote. Following CU is often an exercise in futility.
Other programs deal with **** like this all the time. Whether it's cheating, sex scandals, players getting paid, coaching staff members getting DUIs, academic scandals, etc. You perception of it happening to CU more than other P5 programs is magnified because you follow CU much more closely.

Maybe so
Other programs deal with **** like this all the time. Whether it's cheating, sex scandals, players getting paid, coaching staff members getting DUIs, academic scandals, etc. You perception of it happening to CU more than other P5 programs is magnified because you follow CU much more closely.

You might be right. I think I'll take a break over this off-season.

Back