What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Favorite & Least Favorite Team in each P5 Conference

Except Oklahoma, they are all so equally MEH/Duh that I can't pick a outstanding big down.
I tend to agree, with the exception of ****bailer. I am just so indifferent about our former conference foes, mainly because none of them, other than OU has been all that successful, and I don't have any hate toward OU. Maybe Texas will emerge as a hated team for me, but they've been bad to mediocre and pretty irrelevant. I actually like TCU, and think OSU is the model that CU should and will be shooting for going forward.

I tend to agree, with the exception of ****bailer. I am just so indifferent about our former conference foes, mainly because none of them, other than OU has been all that successful, and I don't have any hate toward OU. Maybe Texas will emerge as a hated team for me, but they've been bad to mediocre and pretty irrelevant. I actually like TCU, and think OSU is the model that CU should and will be shooting for going forward.

I really like coach Patterson at TCU. It's a tough program. I like OSU's balance on offense and I think that "I'm 40" is actually a very good coach. Just to keep in mind though, OSU gets guys in that CU might not, voluntarily or involuntarily. TCU also.

I really like coach Patterson at TCU. It's a tough program. I like OSU's balance on offense and I think that "I'm 40" is actually a very good coach. Just to keep in mind though, OSU gets guys in that CU might not, voluntarily or involuntarily. TCU also.
Question for ya, have you ever met Patterson or attended a camp he hosted?

ACC:
Most: V Tech
Least: Miami (Football); Duke (Basketball)

Big 12:
Most: Texas Tech
Least: ****bailer

Big 10:
Most: Nortwestern
Least: ****braska

SEC
Most: Vanderbilt
Least: The rest

Pac 12
Least: USC

SEC: (up) Vandy, i went there a year. good school, too high southern culture for me but Nashville was cool. people think it's just country music in Nashville....but it's all kinds of music....unreal. (down): ATM i guess. buncha clowns from my memory of Big XII games. not sure ATM really counts.....let's say Florida.

Big Ten: (up) not sure i got one here. Tie: Indiana, maybe. Bloomington is a cool town. Assembly Hall is good on TV. i have a friend who grew up in Iowa City.....he's pretty down to earth about hawkeye sports, had a turntable back in the day. good music town for the midwest. there were some Iowa basketball teams i liked with BJ armstrong, Roy Marble, Ed Horton....dr tom davis: (down): sure sure, Mac.....but, Michigan for sure.....i've known way too many UM people at CU and in Boulder. they are like Texas grads, but less interesting in their weird delusion. why are you here if UM is so great?

Big XII: (up) i like Oklahoma. i spent a few years in Norman growing up. i liked it. good schools, people are genuine in a way. (down) Baylor. morons, hypocrites. firebomb the place. Kansas basketball, how many games have i seen where KU in the double bonus at Allen Fieldhouse with 10 minutes left in the second half? every call, 2 ft's for the Jayhawks. big possession, 2 more ft's for Kansas.

ACC: (up) i would say UNC since my sister works there....but faking degrees and classes is too much for me. i do like Chapel Hill. i'll stick with UNC but with a pretty big caveat. (down): not sure i have strong feelings here. i am impressed the way a mostly basketball conference mostly based in North Carolina managed to stay together and win a NC (Clemson)....when ad revenue and football were driving the train right through everything they stood for.

Pac: non CU? maybe UCLA, too many hot chicks to ignore. (down): Oregon at this point. it's not even a good school, Iowa State is ranked higher.

I just meant that a few of the Cowboys and the Horned Frogs signees each year IMO are guys that CU might pass on due to academics, or that might struggle to stay eligible at CU.
That's a fair point. I was more just talking about OSU's success under Gundy as a model for what CU's ceiling is going forward. 8-9 wins/year on average, bowl trip every season with the Alamo Bowl being the caliber of bowl we see every couple years, with a NY6 every 4-5 years and competing for Conference Championships year in, year out.

ACC:
Fav - Either UVA or VT
Hated - Florida State

B1G:
Fav - Maryland
Hated - Nubs

B12:
Fav - None? Maybe WV?
Hated - **** Bailer

PAC 12:
Fav - We dem boyz
Hated - Oregon

Sec:
Fav - Ole Miss (Family)
Hated - Florida (Joakim Noah and Tim Tebow are two of my least favorite athletes of all time)

ACC:
Favorite: FSU. I like that they out-SEC the SEC.
Hate: Miami. You'll always be convicts.

B1G:
Favorite: Wisconsin. They're like CU in a lot ways but with more cheese and sausage.
Hate: Penn State. Way too much child rape. (non-Nebraska category)

Big 12:
Favorite: N/A. **** conference
Hate: Is there any question? Bailer

SEC:
Favorite: LSU. They do it right down on the Bayou.
Hate: I've always hated Tennessee.

Pac-12:
Favorite: USC. It's a lot cooler on the inside.
Hate: UCLA, ASU, Oregon. Tough to pick just one.

That's a fair point. I was more just talking about OSU's success under Gundy as a model for what CU's ceiling is going forward. 8-9 wins/year on average, bowl trip every season with the Alamo Bowl being the caliber of bowl we see every couple years, with a NY6 every 4-5 years and competing for Conference Championships year in, year out.

That scenario is good with me.

ACC:
Favorite: Clemson - kid across the street growing up went there and played on a NC winning soccer team. Also, Death Valley is a way cool stadium nickname.
Hate: Wake Forest - how that is a D1A school, I have no idea.

B1G:
Favorite: Michigan - watched them beat up on Northwestern a bunch growing up in Chicago.
Hate: Penn State. Way too much child rape. (non-Nebraska category) (this is a steal from SerenityBuff - too well stated to bother changing it)

Big 12:
Favorite: West Virginia - anything those hillbillies can do to upset the apple cart is good with me
Hate: **** Bailer

SEC:
Favorite: LSU - the other Death Valley!
Hate: Alabama. I feel like they are the Patriots of college football - they just haven't been caught yet.

Pac-12:
Favorite: USC (where I worked on my MBA) or Washington (whom I have always respected and couldn't figure out why they were dormant for so long)
Hate: I haven't really hated any Pac 12 teams since joining the conference, but Oregon is pretty much there after the off season antics.

ACC:
Favorite: FSU. I like that they out-SEC the SEC.
Hate: Miami. You'll always be convicts.

B1G:
Favorite: Wisconsin. They're like CU in a lot ways but with more cheese and sausage.
Hate: Penn State. Way too much child rape. (non-Nebraska category)

Big 12:
Favorite: N/A. **** conference
Hate: Is there any question? Bailer

SEC:
Favorite: LSU. They do it right down on the Bayou.
Hate: I've always hated Tennessee.

Pac-12:
Favorite: USC. It's a lot cooler on the inside.
Hate: UCLA, ASU, Oregon. Tough to pick just one.
Not sure how you reconcile your ACC picks

Mine are football only
ACC:
Favorite: Virginia
Least Favorite: Miami

SEC:
Favorite: LSU
Least Favorite: Alabama

B1G:
Favorite: Wisconson
Least Favorite: Nebraska

Big XII: