What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fearless predictions for CU's 2018 season

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
  1. Offensive line is the best since the Barnett era even with freshmen starting at LT (Moretti) and C (Pursell).
  2. Montez is honored as an all-conference QB.
  3. Run defense is among the best in the Pac-12.
  4. Shenault has a breakout year that reminds us of Westbrook.
  5. Miller is our CB1 and the CBs are much better than 2017 even without Oliver.
  6. Buffs finally beat USC en route to winning the Pac-12 South, finishing 11-1 but then losing a second time to Washington in the Championship.
  7. Recruiting class finishes ranked Top 25 nationally in the 247sports Composite.
24869.jpg

Last edited:
  1. Offensive line is the best since the Barnett era even with freshmen starting at LT (Moretti) and C (Pursell).
  6. Buffs finally beat USC en route to winning the Pac-12 South, finishing 11-1 but then losing a second time to Washington in the Championship.
  7. Recruiting class finishes ranked Top 25 nationally in the 247sports Composite.
24869.jpg
Bartender - I'll have what he's having. And make it a double!

24869.jpg
Love it Buffnik!

Realistically:

1. Prolly not, Barnett had some amazing lines...unless we are looking at Hawkins and Embree era then Hell Yes.
2. Definitely a possibility. Montez has the tools, and if aforementioned Line has improved, I don't see why not. (Khalil Tate and Sumlin could be dangerous)
3. Please God, just close to top 5 in Pac 12 and I will be stoked
4. No F#&*ing doubt about it
5. Team's greatest position of concern, this is a need and would be a nice surprise.
6. USC is in for a let down without Darnold and Jones, 8 wins would probably make all happy.
7. So far, so good

Love the golden kool-aid!
All that happens only on a 'lift, practice and play our asses off' mentality.
Damn I hope we see that urgency and focus.

What's up with the Montez dislike? I thought he was fine last year. Not a world beater by any means, but did a lot of things right. I'm a fan and I'll also add he has plenty of room to grow (I don't think he was perfect). I think with the year of experience and a full time QB coach he could be in the top third of Pac 12 QBs this season. If he gets the mental aspect down he has the physical tools to be excellent.

What's up with the Montez dislike? I thought he was fine last year. Not a world beater by any means, but did a lot of things right. I'm a fan and I'll also add he has plenty of room to grow (I don't think he was perfect). I think with the year of experience and a full time QB coach he could be in the top third of Pac 12 QBs this season. If he gets the mental aspect down he has the physical tools to be excellent.

Montez has a high degree of confidence/swagger. His play has not completely backed it up yet. Folks will typically forgive that at every position but QB. I think he is a good QB with all the physical tools you could want. If he takes a step forward this year, we will be doing pretty well.

He is a mediocre QB with zero leadership.

Outside of one exceptional performance against a horrible Oregon defense, he is pretty mediocre, his rocket arm notwithstanding.

The 2017 had a major issue with leadership and it started at the top.
I think mediocre is a bit of a stretch, but agree to disagree. Progression and development are hardly linear even for the best prospects in football and a full year of experience is invaluable. I'm also not going to **** on a kid because he wasn't a leader of men at 20/21. Leadership is something that can be learned from experience as well. Montez has a lot of great tools, now that doesn't mean he will use them to become an incredible quarterback, but writing him off before he throws a single pass his junior year is too soon.

Outside of one exceptional performance against a horrible Oregon defense, he is pretty mediocre, his rocket arm notwithstanding.

The 2017 had a major issue with leadership and it started at the top.
Some pretty great performances in there, too. But also some real clunkers to balance that and most games somewhere in between. Most games very uneven, actually.

Where we disagree completely is that you seem to have decided who Montez is as a leader and what he can do on the field. I think that's absolutely crazy to think of a guy as a finished product after his sophomore year. He is growing up. Roper is going to have a huge influence on his game prep and maturity. This is the year it comes together and Montez busts out.

Some pretty great performances in there, too. But also some real clunkers to balance that and most games somewhere in between. Most games very uneven, actually.

Where we disagree completely is that you seem to have decided who Montez is as a leader and what he can do on the field. I think that's absolutely crazy to think of a guy as a finished product after his sophomore year. He is growing up. Roper is going to have a huge influence on his game prep and maturity. This is the year it comes together and Montez busts out.
That's my hope and I remain cautiously optimistic with a year of experience and the influence of a dedicated QB coach he can clean up the mental mistakes and be a guy that moves the chains consistently.

I don't think he is a finished product, but it should not take another whole season for him to figure it out. It's a waste of time to keep waiting much longer.

Back