What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

I think we will be just as bad with KD calling plays, he hasn't done it much in his career and wasn't very good when he did it. See his 1 year at Vandy as an example. I would much rather Langsdorf do it as his audition to keep his job. I think we could maybe possible *looks through rose colored Buffs glasses* get to mediocre. If/when he shows he isn't the guy, we know we can hire a traditional OC/QB coach with no questions. I also fear that Langsdorf has show he can be an average P5 OC and we get and keep him too.

My fear is that anyone who has any remote interest in this job is going to call Tucker and ask what happened. Any prospective coach with ambition is going to be turned off by the limitations we place on ourselves. All that leaves us is apathetic coaches who just want to collect a check for a couple years before they ride of into the sunset.

I hear Addazio might be available soon
You can take a rising star G5 or FCS OC without those worries.

I am in the camp of yank the bandaid off. If he is gone? Then do it now... u freakn sc just did it. Coordinators are demoted mid season regularly. This project we call CU football needs to statt now and get to work. Don't wait. We have waited way long enough.

Here’s a question: If Dorrell fires Chev, takes over playcalling himself, and the offense is still putrid, what then?? There’s really nothing in his career that points to him being a good play caller, so while maybe he’s better than Chev at it, it’s likely he’s on a similar level.

At that point, what value does he bring to the program? He hired an incompetent staff, fails to force in game adjustments, isn’t anything special as an X’s and O’s guy, isn’t a good play caller and can’t recruit very well. I used to think preparation and leadership were two qualities he possessed in spades, but now I'm not so sure about either
My assumption is that if Chev is fired that Landsdorf will take over playcalling. Yaayyyy!

Reading Langsdorfs bio, he has a lot of experience play calling. Makes you wonder what the dynamics between Chev and Langsdorf is like?
If I was Darrell I would give Langsdorf a run. He did bring him in after all.

Here’s a question: If Dorrell fires Chev, takes over playcalling himself, and the offense is still putrid, what then?? There’s really nothing in his career that points to him being a good play caller, so while maybe he’s better than Chev at it, it’s likely he’s on a similar level.

At that point, what value does he bring to the program? He hired an incompetent staff, fails to force in game adjustments, isn’t anything special as an X’s and O’s guy, isn’t a good play caller and can’t recruit very well. I used to think preparation and leadership were two qualities he possessed in spades, but now I'm not so sure about either
This offense looks different to me than Chev’s first go-around as OC. Lots of pro style additions, has Dorrell’s fingerprints all over it. Removing Chev can’t hurt, but the issues on offense go beyond him. Dorrell needs to look himself in the mirror and come to the realization that his offense isn’t going to work. He needs to bring in a new OC and give him complete autonomy. Unfortunately I don’t see a fix for this season

My assumption is that if Chev is fired that Landsdorf will take over playcalling. Yaayyyy!
This.

No one is coming in mid season.

Although I wouldn't mind KD going down to Pueblo and getting one of Wristen's assistants to take over the OL.

Hopeful case is that Chev is gone today /tomorrow morning so that the defense sees that KD actually cares.

Langsdorf and KD run the offense the rest of the way out, and then there's a wholesale change in the offseason in which KD admits "his" offense won't work in college and brings in a Wilson equivalent to run the entire show on that side of the ball.

Still probably won't fix recruiting, so our ceiling will be .501 until we start over from the top.

Again.

Barnett sh!ts more football knowledge in his morning dump than this staff has in its collective brains.
That maybe true, but as a a radio guy he can cause more damage than help right now if he doesn't do it the right way.

This team MIGHT go 2-10 and next year looks even bleaker and we’re worried that a comment from the radio color guy might cause damage. Oy vey.
I'm talking dividing a locker room and/or staff even more and cratering us worse

My fear is that anyone who has any remote interest in this job is going to call Tucker and ask what happened. Any prospective coach with ambition is going to be turned off by the limitations we place on ourselves. All that leaves us is apathetic coaches who just want to collect a check for a couple years before they ride of into the sunset.

I hear Addazio might be available soon
Eventually this university is going to need to decide what it wants to be with respect to athletics and football specifically-Are we content trying to emulate Vanderbilt, or will we start to grasp the importance of a successful AD/football team to the university as a whole?

Eventually this university is going to need to decide what it wants to be with respect to athletics-Are we content trying to emulate Vanderbilt, or will we start to grasp the importance of a successful AD to the university as a whole?
The problem is, this university has an inflated sense of their general academic reputation. Arrogance and ignorance are a terrible combination

Carter's stat was basically identical Lewis in terms of YPA, comp %, etc. The difference that I saw wias Carter was more decisive and had a zip on his ball that Lewis doesn't have. I'm not saying he would be much better, but he looked better in that extremely limited sample size. We do need to see what we have in him. The worst possible scenario is this staff plays the "What If" game with Carter and they assume Shrout will be 100% and we don't bring in a transfer.
I'm fine with giving carter a chance, I just don't see much upside. Discarding Carter's two poor throws, his first series was very similar to Lewis's 1-2 prior. Both came in with a nothing left to lose attitude, made up their mind and threw the damn ball. Would be nice to see that from Lewis at the go but the flip side is not discounting Carter's two bad throws and extrapolating his stats as if the two switched playing time. He probably throws and runs for ~50 more yards but how many more errant passes does he make? I'd put his int at over/under 1.5, Lewis fumbled so that's a draw too. That's just how I'm looking at it, 50 more yards 100 at best and that doesn't win us the game so play the best player and tell him to forget about throwing picks just sling the ball

Edit: I think I'm still in shock from Montez. If you would've told me 2016 Oregon was the best he'd ever get and the rest of his career would be turtle, screen, turtle over and over...i think I'd try to make a better attempt at saving my sanity and standards for what is acceptable cu quarterback play

Last edited:
Where I diverge with many on this board: I believe Rick George lost the killer instinct necessary to hire correctly for football.
The Tucker:Sarkisian 1-2 punch broke him. Started knocking on doors in Boulder county and then paid the first guy he found twice as much as he needed to.

KD probably could turn this all around if he completely revamps his offensive staff, offense, and hires a right hand guy who can kill it in recruiting. I just can't see all of that happening. I think KD will do the first, but won't make changes to the other two. Yesterday has taken just about everything out of me with this program. Yesterday was unacceptable on so many levels.

KD probably could turn this all around if he completely revamps his offensive staff, offense, and hires a right hand guy who can kill it in recruiting. I just can't see all of that happening. I think KD will do the first, but won't make changes to the other two. Yesterday has taken just about everything out of me with this program. Yesterday was unacceptable on so many levels.
I'm so glad A&M did it for me. I actually went in thinking we'd have a shot. Holy **** that was mike Tyson with a windup right to the nuts. Just like that, all expectation out the window for another year

I'm fine with giving carter a chance, I just don't see much upside. Discarding Carter's two poor throws, his first series was very similar to Lewis's 1-2 prior. Both came in with a nothing left to lose attitude, made up their mind and threw the damn ball. Would be nice to see that from Lewis at the go but the flip side is not discounting Carter's two bad throws and extrapolating his stats as if the two switched playing time. He probably throws and runs for ~50 more yards but how many more errant passes does he make? I'd put his int at over/under 1.5, Lewis fumbled so that's a draw too. That's just how I'm looking at it, 50 more yards 100 at best and that doesn't win us the game so play the best player and tell him to forget about throwing picks just sling the ball

Edit: I think I'm still in shock from Montez. If you would've told me 2016 Oregon was the best he'd ever get and the rest of his career would be turtle, screen, turtle over and over...i think I'd try to make a better attempt at saving my sanity and standards for what is acceptable cu quarterback play
I'm referring more know now for next year. No one is saying Carter would have won that game or even made it respectable. This staff needs to know they need a transfer QB and not play what if and leave the QB status quo.

I actually agree with that-there's no assistant on that side who KD hired away from another P5 team. The offensive side needs a makeover, and Dorrell can call plays himself for 10 games so we don't have to watch Chev's egotistical ass do it.

If he's still the play caller for next week, I'll probably only watch what I have money on. Knowing me though-I'll drop money on the under and then suffer through this again week lol
And then we change the offense and rattle the kids cages and we go 2-8 you will satisfied? I doubt it.

Dorrell will also take his focus off defense or whatever else hes supposed to be doing.

Realistically, a lot of time was already spent in spring And summer working on things that obviously just arent working. Thats time you cant get back. How much can really be fixed? The NCAA reduced the amount of practices and the amount of full contact practices.

I'm so glad A&M did it for me. I actually went in thinking we'd have a shot. Holy **** that was mike Tyson with a windup right to the nuts. Just like that, all expectation out the window for another year

Its never good going into a P5 season with this:

Last edited:
And then we change the offense and rattle the kids cages and we go 2-8 you will satisfied? I doubt it.

Dorrell will also take his focus off defense or whatever else hes supposed to be doing.

Realistically, a lot of time was already spent in spring And summer working on things that obviously just arent working. Thats time you cant get back. How much can really be fixed? The NCAA reduced the amount of practices and the amount of full contact practices.
Well, they have to do something. If this was the NFL, I’d just say **** it and advise that they tank. Unfortunately, every game they not only lose, but look completely incompetent sets them back further with respect to recruiting

So you'd prefer the offensive mess that yesterday was? Got it.

Nothing to lose by playing Carter, and frankly Lewis sitting would probably be good for him.

Back