What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

So you'd prefer the offensive mess that yesterday was? Got it.

Nothing to lose by playing Carter, and frankly Lewis sitting would probably be good for him.
If you are not going to script an offense to take advantage of Lewis's running skills, then go ahead and make the switch. Commit to a pro style offense and get on with it. It seems weird to totally completely disdain the option, especially with Darian Hagan in the building.

If you are not going to script an offense to take advantage of Lewis's running skills, then go ahead and make the switch. Commit to a pro style offense and get on with it. It seems weird to totally completely disdain the option, especially with Darian Hagan in the building.
Okay-you win. Let's install the Air Force offense in the middle of a season!

Jesus ****ing Christ.

I don't want DH anywhere near our offensive planning beyond RBs. The offense he was in then vs now is checkers vs chess as the game has evolved. What has he done to develop as a coach to suggest he can design and install any phase of an offense?

Fire the OC yes, not yet on Dorrell. Lets see how the season goes first. Even then I will give him another year to try to fix the offense. He is not using his own recruits on offense.

Jesus ****ing Christ.
So you'd prefer the offensive mess that yesterday was? Got it.

Nothing to lose by playing Carter, and frankly Lewis sitting would probably be good for him.
Sit the next one out. Neither of these responses are close to what we're suggesting. Consensus is pretty much universal, this is mostly on Chev. Playing Carter all game yesterday wouldn't have made a lick of difference.

Dorrell gets a minimum of four (so three more). Chev lasts all year as OC and likely retained in a demoted role IMO.
Chev in a demoted role could be toxic. You recall his ego and antics when pursuing the HC position via Twitter (immature) then leveraging his “unique worth” into the OC position.

in my mind, he’s been forced on the last two HCs. I think he has to go.

Chev in a demoted role could be toxic. You recall his ego and antics when pursuing the HC position via Twitter (immature) then leveraging his “unique worth” into the OC position.

in my mind, he’s been forced on the last two HCs. I think he has to go.
I am discussing what I believe will happen given the players involved. You are talking about what should happen based upon what is probably best for the program. These are separate conversations.

I am discussing what I believe will happen given the players involved. You are talking about what should happen based upon what is probably best for the program. These are separate conversations.
I hear ya. And I fear it as well. But that makes me shudder.

Surely Dorrell will try to help him with a soft landing elsewhere.

Jesus ****ing Christ.
Running the west coast offense in college is a terrible idea unless you have elite talent to run it - when you’re roster looks like ours and you recruit like dogs**t you have a recipe for disaster. Dorrell ran it at UCLA, he ran is terribly at Vandy and he’s trying to run it here. It’s not working.

Last edited:
Running the west coast offense in college is a terrible idea unless you have elite talent to run it - when you’re rooster looks like ours and you recruit like dogs**t you have a recipe for disaster. Dorrell ran it at UCLA, he ran is terribly at Vandy and he’s trying to run it here. It’s not working.
Almost like the offensive scheme should have been part of the interviewing process. Then again, do we actually believe KD had to interview, or was he basically offered the job after telling RG and LC it was his dream job and he wouldn’t leave after a year?

Almost like the offensive scheme should have been part of the interviewing process. Then again, do we actually believe KD had to interview, or was he basically offered the job after telling RG and LC it was his dream job and he wouldn’t leave after a year?
We’re all hoping Dorrell fires Chev and takes over playcalling duties - the same Dorrell that f**king Vanderbilt fired after one season because the offense was so bad.

This is CU football.

It's what McCartney did. Are we too good to grasp at straws at this point?
So we should install a scheme no one is prepared for in there middle of the season. With coaches who don't know how to execute it. We worked be destroyed worse than the MN game.

So we should install a scheme no one is prepared for in there middle of the season. With coaches who don't know how to execute it. We worked be destroyed worse than the MN game.
Worse than 63 yards of total offense doesn’t leave a lot of downside. Seriously, worrying about worse than that isn’t a real concern.

Lewis could probably run the option better than be a pocket passer.
You do realize, it isn't just that simple right? He has to learn a whole new set of plays, that have multiple reads and it's an offense he's never seen. It's not a video game.

You do realize, it isn't just that simple right? He has to learn a whole new set of plays, that have multiple reads and it's an offense he's never seen. It's not a video game.
It’s simple if you install simple plays. When you have a young team, there is an inverse relationship between effectiveness of your offense and the size of play the playbook

It’s simple if you install simple plays. When you have a young team, there is an inverse relationship between effectiveness of your offense and the size of play the playbook
Correct. I am not advocating going to option exclusively. I presume Lewis is capable of 5-6 option plays.

That will take all of 1 or 2 games for other DCs to figure out and you'll be wondering why it didn't work.

Running the west coast offense in college is a terrible idea unless you have elite talent to run it - when you’re roster looks like ours and you recruit like dogs**t you have a recipe for disaster. Dorrell ran it at UCLA, he ran is terribly at Vandy and he’s trying to run it here. It’s not working.
Something, something, we just have to execute.

That will take all of 1 or 2 games for other DCs to figure out and you'll be wondering why it didn't work.
That's still one or two games better than what we have now.

Even if, three games from now, DC's have it figured out, it's better than where we are right the **** now.

Forget a season of good offense, how about one game?

Rick George was left in an impossible situation with Tucker’s departure and a rudderless program forcing prompt change. Chev made his power play and landed as OC. He was our best recruiter, and the new coach took him. Now, he doesn’t recruit and should recognize his strength and get back to it or get fired. The new coach was never going to work out. He was a stop gap brought on by the circumstances.

I’m frustrated and becoming a bit disinterested.

Rick George was left in an impossible situation with Tucker’s departure and a rudderless program forcing prompt change. Chev made his power play and landed as OC. He was our best recruiter, and the new coach took him. Now, he doesn’t recruit and should recognize his strength and get back to it or get fired. The new coach was never going to work out. He was a stop gap brought on by the circumstances.

I’m frustrated and becoming a bit disinterested.
He could have went with a up and coming coordinator. He didn’t have to pick KD. That was his choice to do so and a choice that is setting the program back again.

He could have went with a up and coming coordinator. He didn’t have to pick KD. That was his choice to do so and a choice that is setting the program back again.
It does have a lot of that Danny fifth year feel to it right about now. Rudderless, gaps in the talent, incomprehensible play calling. Beatdowns, the lot.

Keeping Danny that last year set CU back 3 years IMO.

My initial take on HCKD was, and still is, good guy, solid character, a former Buff you want to succeed, but could not recruit at fUCLA. He replaced a (.600) HC at fUCLA, and went...(.565). Given he inherited a team here with below average talent relative to its conference peers, and a tendency to go 5-7, he likely will underachieve, but just by a little bit, compared to his predecessor.

That is why I felt more 5-7, 4-8 seasons were likely in the immediate future. I may have been optimisitic.

I don't know who was really available at the time, Bielema (not a favorite of mine), Mora, Jr., etc., but HCKD just seems like a panic choice.

Let's see what happens v. ASU.

Back