What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I want him fired as much as the next guy... But enrollment numbers are down and the AD is on a death spiral of buyouts. Nothing will happen this season
I am just saying we are in "beyond embarrassing" territory. The choice will be pretty easy in the end.

Have to look at how much it cost to keep him.

As I detailed before it cost very little more to fire him now than it does to fire him at the end of the season. He gets his money either way, The rest of the season you are paying an assistant who is already on the staff to be the interim coach. Only cost is upgrading someone to fill the assistants position.

Keep him and you continue to degrade the brand. Season ticket holders don't come to the stadium and many decide not to renew. Advertisers see an empty stadium and decide not to renew their sponsorships. Donors to both athletics and non-athletic areas express their frustration by not donating.

To fix things we need much more than just a new coach, the administration above RG needs to fix some things as well.

Until we get to the off-season with a new Chancellor, new coach, and some other substantial changes keeping KD on the sidelines to continue to watch over a team that has quit on him and each other is costing much more than it would cost to fire him.

I think that if Colorado has a horrible season, I think there’s a strong chance that they can negotiate a much more favorable settlement amount than if they fire in-season.
This is exactly the reason I’m so hyped for our final stretch of games. 0 chances for moral victories. 100% chance of pain and AD leverage (if RG even understands that concept)

Give me 50-70 points per team each of those 4 games and we’ll be cooking

Fair. How much longer does Dorrell want to keep getting personally embarrassed, though?
If they fire him in-season, I think it gets acrimonious and he goes for all of what he is due. Nobody will touch him for an HC or OC job, so NFL position coach salary will not offset the buyout by a significant amount. If they let him go after the season, they can say that they gave him a full season with his staff and his players. Just wasn’t good enough. Need to win now.

If they fire him in-season, I think it gets acrimonious and he goes for all of what he is due. Nobody will touch him for an HC or OC job, so NFL position coach salary will not offset the buyout by a significant amount. If they let him go after the season, they can say that they gave him a full season with his staff and his players. Just wasn’t good enough. Need to win now.
Whatever. Makes no real difference to me I guess. Saturdays have freed up quite a bit, regardless

I think that if Colorado has a horrible season, I think there’s a strong chance that they can negotiate a much more favorable settlement amount than if they fire in-season.
What incentive does KD have to negotiate? Genuinely asking, because as I see it the contract is so ****ty for everyone but him, he gets paid regardless.

Not completely on topic, but I kind of wish CU would play a bad D2 school next week so I can bet big money against them when the spread is like CU -20.

Back