What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Didn't take me long but this is where I'm at.

After every football game the head coach always comes on to the Colorado Football Network and gives a quick 2-3 min interview about what just happened on the field.
Well.... Dorrell declined to come on the air today which is I think a first other than maybe the last game McIntyre coached. **** him!

A good coach would have come onto the air and taken the fall for his team and would said it was his and his coaching staff's fault for not having them ready to play.
Instead this pussy goes off and hides while his players at least have the balls to take an interview.

The kitchen is too hot for this clown and I don't want him in it any more,

Last edited:
This was the first game I walked out of prior to the 4th quarter in my life. No one reason. Bad head coaching, bad OC, no fire, and a QB that is petrified to make a decision. Chiv called pass, run, pass, punt five times to start the game. If you have a QB who is petrified to make a decision , maybe try something else?

Last edited:
If he makes changes to address the issue - ie relieving chev of play calling, and eventually firing (or at least demoting) him, and the product improves with the season, then I won’t lobby for his firing. But he HAS to take some action ASAP.
What I'm banking on is that he has proven that he will work hard to evaluate his program, analyze, and be willing to make decisions that he believes will improve things even when they're hard.

We changed defensive staff and replaced our S&C coach after last season. The latter went against a string of contract renewals and pay bumps from the AD.

What I'm banking on is that he has proven that he will work hard to evaluate his program, analyze, and be willing to make decisions that he believes will improve things even when they're hard.

We changed defensive staff and replaced our S&C coach after last season. The latter went against a string of contract renewals and pay bumps from the AD.
Agree, and that’s what I’m saying. If he proves that he can make some changes after failure, that is what we need to see

Dorrell
>gets hired, hires best staff at CU since Barnett
>Goes 4-2 his first season.
>Hires best strength coach CU has had in 30 years
>Brings in the best transfer class probably ever at CU
> Loses two games due to **** Chairbanks like offensive coordinator
CU fans with one winning season the past 10 years
>Fire him!!!!
The longer Dorrell does nothing with Chev, the sooner my position will change. But let's sober up before we go Frank Solich
I vote we all say fvck this team and start talking basketball exclusively.
Then make a thread in the basketball section.

Dorrell
>Fire him!!!!
The longer Dorrell does nothing with Chev, the sooner my position will change. But let's sober up before we go Frank Solich

Best transfer class?? WTAF? Who’s playing outside of Barnes (sporadically)?

Dorrell
>Fire him!!!!

Eh I think we’re coming to the tough realization that this is absolutely not the best staff at CU since Barnett.

Dorrell
>Fire him!!!!

You're a little too far on the KD wagon imo, but I actually appreciate enthusiastic fans when they have a reasonable degree of reality in their take.

And you get there:
The longer Dorrell does nothing with Chev, the sooner my position will change

Carry on.

Go Buffs!

After KD made defensive changes after just one season, I’m not ready to call for KD’s head just yet. If he doesn’t make offensive changes soon or after this season, I’m going to say KD is gone after next season if things go poorly.

You're a little too far on the KD wagon imo, but I actually appreciate enthusiastic fans when they have a reasonable degree of reality in their take.

And you get there:

Carry on.

Go Buffs!
I think giving a coach more than 9 games is pretty reasonable. The biggest issue on this team is Chev's play calling. The line is garbage but not the biggest issue. Take care of Chev first then address the next biggest issue. If Dorrell can't do that then, like I said, my attitude will change but based on his coaching decisions so far, I think he'll make the right call.
Best transfer class?? WTAF? Who’s playing outside of Barnes (sporadically)?

People on here that ahrug off how this team is recruiting need to fvcking wake up. It's not going to get better, folks.
Noah Fenske played the entire game today.
Max Wray has been a starter the past two games, he was also a four star coming out of hs.
Strout might have been the starting QB but got hurt
The transfers rankings coming out of highschool: two four stars, a three star o lineman from Iowa, a three star de and qb from the SEC, and a third four star would've joined the program but couldn't make the grades. You can't have this argument about bringing in talented players and not give credit when it's due.

The scary thing is that this wasn’t just a fluke offensive performance. There’s really no reason to believe it will get substantially better in conference play. Would a 2-10 season with terrible offense the whole way be enough for RG to realize he ****ed up and cut his losses with Dorrell or are they married for at least a couple more seasons?

Dorrell has some s very tough decisions to make. It’s obvious the offense is bad. Like, historically bad. Firing Chev seems like a knee jerk reaction in the middle of the season, and I don’t know how you replace this with guys already in the staff. And it’s not like there are a bunch of unemployed offensive coordinators on the market right now. Even Helton would be a tough hire, as he would have to figure out all the personnel, what they’ve been doing, the playbook, etc. in short, we are good and plenty ****ed for this year, and probably for the next several years.

Dorrell has some s very tough decisions to make. It’s obvious the offense is bad. Like, historically bad. Firing Chev seems like a knee jerk reaction in the middle of the season, and I don’t know how you replace this with guys already in the staff. And it’s not like there are a bunch of unemployed offensive coordinators on the market right now. Even Helton would be a tough hire, as he would have to figure out all the personnel, what they’ve been doing, the playbook, etc. in short, we are good and plenty ****ed for this year, and probably for the next several years.
He can’t make wholesale changes right now, but he can show the team and fan base that yesterday was unacceptable and that he’s going to be accountable. He can take over playcalling and help the GA with coaching WRs the rest of the season.

Back