What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#FireROD (UPDATE: #woot!)

John Hevesy is a guy to look at. Mullen just fired him. He worked under him for 20 years, including the 2 UF national championships under Urban.

The damn Rod Blocking system is still in the IPF.
Soon to be on Craigslist
south park tree fiddy GIF

SIAP
Any shot at getting this guy back to Boulder?

It was previously released that the Spartans will pay offensive line coach/run game coordinator Chris Kapilovic $700,000 in base pay.

This is incredible to me:

You can tell the exact game that Mickey Mouse Rodrigue was let go as OL coach because IMMEDIATELY the OL settled into the same 5 guys rather than the random carrousel lineup they had been using for the first 7 games. Also- every single guy who was a starter in those last 5 games had their highest grade of the season in one of those 5 games.

If it helps them get a little splashier with the OC hire I could definitely be talked into supporting them bringing back Vlachos.

SIAP

It was previously released that the Spartans will pay offensive line coach/run game coordinator Chris Kapilovic $700,000 in base pay.
Our best shot was midnight mel moving on to a place where kap didnt want to follow.

SIAP

They got two billionaire boosters writing blank checks. Kap’s OL paved the way for one of the best rush attacks in the country. You think they’re gonna let him leave?

When do you think KD should make a decision on Vlachos regarding the interim tag?

There's part of me that says he should get the job if he closes early signing day with some important flips/ late commits.

But I also see the value in waiting to see who the OC is - maybe he's an OL coach, maybe he has an OL coach he would want to bring with him.

What do you guys think?

Also, Vlachos is definitely the type of coach you break in as the TE coach.
Could see that.

Also wouldn't mind getting a little creative and hire an experienced OL coach and assign him to tackles and run game and make Vlachos the interior OL coach.

I know this leaves you thin someplace else but the guy's best knowledge is at the OL, CU needs serious upgrades on the OL in both talent and coaching, and with two OL coaches Vlachos could focus much more on recruiting.

Reactions: DBT
I really like that idea. I'm completely unimpressed with Cook.

Yep. Haven’t heard a word about Cook in a long time so I am wondering if he is the other staff member let go. Perfect spot to break in a coach who seems could be a plus in recruiting

Would legitimately be a promising hire. Logical career progression and a nice promotion for someone who stepped into a rough situation midseason.

Maybe someone to consider for OL:

Zach Yenser (Assistant OL Coach, SF 49ers)

Born in KY, played for Troy, coached HS football in Georgia, coached OL at LA Tech, Cal, and Kansas with a year of Quality Control at SMU.

I like that he's got a lot of good experience, is still young enough (graduated college in 2006) to relate to players & recruits, and has some credibility recruiting in GA, CA, TX and LA.

Born in KY, played for Troy, coached HS football in Georgia, coached OL at LA Tech, Cal, and Kansas with a year of Quality Control at SMU.

I like that he's got a lot of good experience, is still young enough (graduated college in 2006) to relate to players & recruits, and has some credibility recruiting in GA, CA, TX and LA.

Yeah, but how is his gumbo?

Look at you, and all your "young, highly qualified" candidates. You do realize who is doing the hiring, right? (y):cool:(y)

Back