What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

First round exit

After this performance on senior day do you expect anything better than a first round exit in the dance?
Legitamtely have had 3 double digit second half collapses this year, (which counts today though we were only up 9) which if we figure our s*** out we’d easily be a top10 team. So your comment is silly, but we do need to figure out that NCAA basketball is a 40 minute game

Really? You’re encouraged by this home performance on senior day...first time on CBS? This team can’t finish and will likely be dealt a team better than UCLA on a neutral court. Maybe I’m still reeling because we don’t have a football coach.

At our best we beat Dayton, at our worse we give up 10 point leads and lose to the likes of Oregon State

I'm not happy. Starting to think you're right OP, I don't think we'll lose in the first round, but this is not a Sweet-16 team.

Really? You’re encouraged by this home performance on senior day...first time on CBS? This team can’t finish and will likely be dealt a team better than UCLA on a neutral court. Maybe I’m still reeling because we don’t have a football coach.
Moron

Get it all out dudehead.

Darth...rather than call me an idiot and moron...state your case...what gives you confidence?

Your last post before this nonsense was Brumbaugh on the 10th and Montez before that back in January. Where were you during the awesome basketball wins? **** off. You’re a piece of ****.

Awesome basketball wins? I took a break...frustrated by Montez play...wanted to love hoops...but losses to Kansas, Northern Iowa, OSU, UCLA twice, Arizona, Oregon...with an OT win vs. Dayton...I want to believe but I don’t see it...might get a win...but I don’t see see two...

Why all the hate? I just asked why you think this team can advance...one good OT win...a couple of wins against a few P12 teams...wow...

Your last post before this nonsense was Brumbaugh on the 10th and Montez before that back in January. Where were you during the awesome basketball wins? **** off. You’re a piece of ****.
Brimbaugh knew Tucker was leaving

Why all the hate? I just asked why you think this team can advance...one good OT win...a couple of wins against a few P12 teams...wow...
This is a complete understatement of what has been the most complete season we’ve ever had. The OP post was purely a kneejerk reaction to, what was admittedly, a piss poor collapse. No one is happy after today, but your post was an overreaction. That’s why all the hate.

This is a complete understatement of what has been the most complete season we’ve ever had. The OP post was purely a kneejerk reaction to, what was admittedly, a piss poor collapse. No one is happy after today, but your post was an overreaction. That’s why all the hate.
Can this team beat say Michigan, Ohio State, Virginia, Arkansas, Alabama, Oklahoma, BYU, Indiana?

Can this team beat say Michigan, Ohio State, Virginia, Arkansas, Alabama, Oklahoma, BYU, Indiana?
Yes, they have beaten better teams than those all year, and all normal and advanced metrics point to them being able to beat all of those teams

I’ve watched every football and basketball game I can get (on the east coast)...I even watched Montez in senior bowl...so disappointed that folks call names and trash my posts...reality is folks are high on hoops cuz football is a dumpster fire right now...and advanced metrics show 6 Big14 teams are better than CU (KenPom)...two of which I listed above...one of those teams is 10th in Big14....so back to my OP...what makes you think they can advance? They could get one of those bubble teams.

They beat Dayton (above them)...Oregon and Stanford...the rest will be automatic berths.
1582421885869.png

Attachments

• 1582421850354.png
    1582421850354.png
    563 KB · Views: 0
Had a great talk with @Buffnik and two other smart people pregame today and all four of us talked about how matchups are HUGE. Talked about teams we wanted to avoid. The two that scared the group the most in the P12 are Arizona and UCLA.

Matchups decide the tournament. You can be a top 10 team and lose in the first round if you get a bad draw - even if you’re much better than the other team. That said, I’m still riding this team as a S16 team.

I agree about matchups...good win over Dayton...bad loss to Oregon State...everything else seemed to go fairly well in (weak) conference play...hit the road for three before tourney...love the 20+ win season but not convinced this team can overpower anyone...which questions my confidence in their ability to advance

Had a great talk with @Buffnik and two other smart people pregame today and all four of us talked about how matchups are HUGE. Talked about teams we wanted to avoid. The two that scared the group the most in the P12 are Arizona and UCLA.

Matchups decide the tournament. You can be a top 10 team and lose in the first round if you get a bad draw - even if you’re much better than the other team. That said, I’m still riding this team as a S16 team.
Best response so far...I would love to see a S16

Last edited:
Troll, please show some intelligence or at least be funny.
You may not like his post, but he’s not trolling. He’s not just trying to get a reaction ... he legit thinks we’re gonna lose in the first round (which isn’t that off base).

From Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community(such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain

After this performance on senior day do you expect anything better than a first round exit in the dance?

You can moan about some of the responses you get. I'll take the high road and be mature about a response. (Some of the negative reaction you received might be due to the fatalist way your post might be perceived by some.)

I don't think its a sure thing that CU exits the NCAA tourney after the first round as you suggest.
Yes they really lapsed today for 10 minutes and lost a game that had all the ingredients for a big win.
But this team has a hot and cold factor and there is a good chance they will be on hot for the first round. No, I don't guarantee it, but there is a good chance CU wins that first round game. 40 mins of defense, rebounding, offensive spacing, passes with a purpose. When they do these things they tend to win. Good chance they do it in first round.

Back