What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

First round exit

I hope so. Not trolling. I want to see them win. I’m just not convinced the record reflects their ability to advance. I see these posts that say we have a 12 Net ranking and we just lost to a 80 Net ranking...the fact is they beat us twice...so we are going to the NCAA tournament and beat a better team? Hopefully we get the right matchup.

I hope so. Not trolling. I want to see them win. I’m just not convinced the record reflects their ability to advance. I see these posts that say we have a 12 Net ranking and we just lost to a 80 Net ranking...the fact is they beat us twice...so we are going to the NCAA tournament and beat a better team? Hopefully we get the right matchup.
Anyone who takes this man at face value is being conned

You may not like his post, but he’s not trolling. He’s not just trying to get a reaction ... he legit thinks we’re gonna lose in the first round (which isn’t that off base).

From Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community(such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain
No amusement or gain.

UCLA is waaaay better now than they were early in the year. The NET ranking is the aggregate of the whole year.

They were 8-9 to start the season with losses to #267 Cal St. Fullerton, #120 Hoffstra, and #112 Wash. St., and are 8-2 in their last 10 including 2 wins against us and a win @Arizona.

A reasonable finish would be splitting in the bay, winning in Utah, winning 1 or 2 games in the Pac12 tourney and getting a #4-#6 seed in the tourney

I'd say a good probability would be 100% chance of being favored to win the first round game and 50% chance to be favored in the second round game. Games played by 18-23 year olds tend to have some wacky, random results so maybe 80% chance to win the first round and 50% to win the second, compounds to about 40% chance to be a sweet 16 team.

There are, at best, 20-25 teams that should be more excited about the quality of their team this year. Bad losses happen to almost every team, this was a bad run of 10 minutes in a bad matchup against a team that is much better than it's record; it's not a reason to write of this team.

Any team could lose in the 1st round.....it's MARCH MADNESS BABY!!!
I want a win...hopefully a good matchup. I thought in 97 and 12 we had bad matchups and won...in 14 and 16 we had good matchups and got destroyed in one of those...

UCLA is waaaay better now than they were early in the year. The NET ranking is the aggregate of the whole year.

They were 8-9 to start the season with losses to #267 Cal St. Fullerton, #120 Hoffstra, and #112 Wash. St., and are 8-2 in their last 10 including 2 wins against us and a win @Arizona.

A reasonable finish would be splitting in the bay, winning in Utah, winning 1 or 2 games in the Pac12 tourney and getting a #4-#6 seed in the tourney

I'd say a good probability would be 100% chance of being favored to win the first round game and 50% chance to be favored in the second round game. Games played by 18-23 year olds tend to have some wacky, random results so maybe 80% chance to win the first round and 50% to win the second, compounds to about 40% chance to be a sweet 16 team.

There are, at best, 20-25 teams that should be more excited about the quality of their team this year. Bad losses happen to almost every team, this was a bad run of 10 minutes in a bad matchup against a team that is much better than it's record; it's not a reason to write of this team.
I didn’t write them off...

Too many folks rely on polls, NET, KenPom etc. to heighten expectations...I have watched every game (into early mornings on east coast)...doesn’t seem like a 4-6 seed team to me...once you get below that your probability to win is probably 50-50 (I don’t have that stat)...

You called UCLA a terrible team and said we'd get dealt a better team in the dance...

There aren't any 12 seeds that have anywhere near the talent as UCLA.
It may change after today, but Palm and Lunardi have a bunch of teams in their brackets...no UCLA

Too many folks rely on polls, NET, KenPom etc. to heighten expectations...I have watched every game (into early mornings on east coast)...doesn’t seem like a 4-6 seed team to me...once you get below that your probability to win is probably 50-50 (I don’t have that stat)...

Yeah too many damn people relying on facts instead of risky eye tests that are subjective to decide if we’re good or not!

DAMN FACTS!

You may not like his post, but he’s not trolling. He’s not just trying to get a reaction ... he legit thinks we’re gonna lose in the first round (which isn’t that off base).

From Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community(such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain

Trolls of a feather etc. etc.

There might now be 4 teams in conference better than us...and many think this is a S16 team? If UCLA wins out, this team isn’t even a 6 seed.

There might now be 4 teams in conference better than us...and many think this is a S16 team? If UCLA wins out, this team isn’t even a 6 seed.
Please go root for some other team. You are not even making sense

You asked if we should expect them to be non-viable in the postseason tournament.

Sorry that I misinterpreted that to mean that you wanted to know if you should write them off.

I'll rephrase; the UCLA result is not a reason to expect them to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament. The UCLA results represent about half of that 20% chance to lose in the first round; the rest of available data suggests you should be excited about the Buffs likely playing more than one NCAA tourney game this year.

You asked if we should expect them to be non-viable in the postseason tournament.

Sorry that I misinterpreted that to mean that you wanted to know if you should write them off.

I'll rephrase; the UCLA result is not a reason to expect them to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament. The UCLA results represent about half of that 20% chance to lose in the first round; the rest of available data suggests you should be excited about the Buffs likely playing more than one NCAA tourney game this year.
I am excited...just setting my own expectations. It’s all road games and conference tourney from here on. They could lose to Stanford and IMO have a 50-50 shot of making final four of conference (ASU, Ore, Zona, UCLA). I’m not sure that keeps them a Top 25 team (6 seed). If they land a 7 or 8 seed...I think first game is likely a tossup (obviously depends on the matchup)...only point of this post. I’d feel a little better had they finished the home slate with a win.

This might have been a good wake up call. Tad sounded pissed. I wouldn’t be shocked if we go on a huge tear now running the table on this final road trip and a deep conference tourney run followed by a sweet 16 appearance.

This might have been a good wake up call. Tad sounded pissed. I wouldn’t be shocked if we go on a huge tear now running the table on this final road trip and a deep conference tourney run followed by a sweet 16 appearance.
How many wake up calls does this team need?

Back