What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Folsom Field

Showed some restraint by not painting over the "colorado" behind the south endzone.

I like it

I like the sentiment, reeks of old guard media types sitting around brainstorming ways to be hip. I could grab them 5x the number of targeted followers for what it cost them to paint those end-zones.

We officially won't have to worry about this come the regular season:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ttee-bans-hash-tags-urls-from-football-fields

More meaningless rules and rearranging the deck chairs by the NCAA. Why the hell should it matter if a school wants to promote a slogan via a hashtag...exactly what competitive advantage is gained if we want to put #GoBuffs on the field or Miss. St puts #HailState? How is this different from Boise painting their field blue?

How is this different from Boise painting their field blue?

I am pretty sure that teams arent allowed to install unnatural colored turf anymore either. Existing fields being grandfathered in... There is something nice about a somewhat consistent playing surface.

Here is what Wyoming is doing - pretty cool IMO. Notice the subtle altitude reminders on the sideline:thumbsup:

wyomingfield.jpg

I am pretty sure that teams arent allowed to install unnatural colored turf anymore either. Existing fields being grandfathered in... There is something nice about a somewhat consistent playing surface.
There should be a regulation for all grass only, unless you play in a dome.

There should be a regulation for all grass only, unless you play in a dome.

I agree. The cost of maintaining grass fields will keep this from ever happening though. When you look at fields there is really a ton of variance when it comes to crowns and sideline configuration.

Back