What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Attendance 2016

We're back
I'd offer to a wager a six pack on that 50k average, but I don't want to spend the season rooting against attendance. I call myself a Buff fan now ;)

not clear if you were following the OP and talking all game attendance, or more recent posts talking home only, but I don't think it looks good for either:
  • if you only count Folsom games, I'm going to say "very little chance". if we average 43k for UNC and Idaho State, we need to sell out the remainder of the slate.
  • if you count the RMS, I'll say "reasonable chance". Assuming we draw 69k to Mile High, we can afford for a couple of the home Pac games to only draw 45k and still average 50 for the year.
  • if you count all games, I'm going to say "almost no chance", with OSU, WSU and UU all having stadium sizes south of 50k. the math simply doesn't work out unless we pack Folsom and Mile High, or magically the Rose Bowl sells out since the defending South champs are in town.
Note also that linked piece in the OP is counting the bowl game and the Pac12CG in the all games total, which is pulling up the average. If we're back in the CCG and/or make a highly attended bowl game, I do think the all-games total will pass 50k, but that's the only way.

1 or 2 sellouts in, what, 4 years (5?) and you state that you don't believe increasing capacity would lead to more unsold seats.

In those 4 or 5 years, a fan could walk up to the ticket booth at game time and get a sub $40 ticket for any game except those two.

I'm not following your reasoning.
To be fair, the last decade has seen relatively good attendance for having a dog **** football team.

They need to improve the food distribution, sell beer, add cell/wifi to Folsom, improve sound system, improve the ability to get into Boulder and add premium level seating on the west side. But most importantly, gotta keep winning.

To be fair, the last decade has seen relatively good attendance for having a dog **** football team.

They need to improve the food distribution, sell beer, add cell/wifi to Folsom, improve sound system, improve the ability to get into Boulder and add premium level seating on the west side. But most importantly, gotta keep winning.
Definitely agree that CU needs to improve what we currently have before expansion. Sound should be the first thing done since it is a simple thing to fix. Beer is slowly making its way back into the stadium. Cell/wifi service is going to be hard. It's not just Folsom, it's every stadium. You're concentrating a lot of people in a single area. As far as getting into Boulder, that's hard because that is dependent on the city to make it better. Only thing I can think of that CU could do is providing tailgating/parking on the old practice fields by the creek.

The cell issue gets solved at other venues by parking trucks with mobile towers nearby on game days

Having the game day app be effectively useless during the actual game is very frustrating. I understand the challenges, but that doesn't make it any better.

Having a 65k seat stadium that sells out consistently will get the attention of the Denver media. I look forward to that.

Having the game day app be effectively useless during the actual game is very frustrating. I understand the challenges, but that doesn't make it any better.

Having a 65k seat stadium that sells out consistently will get the attention of the Denver media. I look forward to that.
cU64noq.gif

Back