What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football success dramatically increases donations to the University

I know you're preaching the choir on this, but there's a certain recently elected CU Regent who believes that somebody who donates money to athletics would do the same for any other part of the university.

I know you're preaching the choir on this, but there's a certain recently elected CU Regent who believes that somebody who donates money to athletics would do the same for any other part of the university.
Yep. All some people see is that a certain amount of money came into the university. They then are bothered by how much went into athletics and think that same money would have been better applied to academic interests. They don't grasp that there wouldn't be that same money if not for athletics. It's an incredibly stupid POV and I have trouble believing anyone is that stupid, so I assume they choose to look at things that way because it fits their argument.

Yep. All some people see is that a certain amount of money came into the university. They then are bothered by how much went into athletics and think that same money would have been better applied to academic interests. They don't grasp that there wouldn't be that same money if not for athletics. It's an incredibly stupid POV and I have trouble believing anyone is that stupid, so I assume they choose to look at things that way because it fits their argument.
In this particular case, I think he really is that stupid. It's apparently been pointed out to him on several occasions just how absurd his stance on athletics funding is, particularly in the case of CU. he's been told, for instance, that the athletics department is self funding and doesn't get funding from the University general fund. It's like he just doesn't get it.

In this particular case, I think he really is that stupid. It's apparently been pointed out to him on several occasions just how absurd his stance on athletics funding is, particularly in the case of CU. he's been told, for instance, that the athletics department is self funding and doesn't get funding from the University general fund. It's like he just doesn't get it.
It doesn't fit the platform he ran on. Instead of admitting he was ignorant, he just keeps perpetuating his platform.

It doesn't fit the platform he ran on. Instead of admitting he was ignorant, he just keeps perpetuating his platform.

He doesn't care if it is right or wrong. He is using the Regents job as a stepping stone to higher political aspirations. He has a target group of voters who want the world to comply with their particular viewpoint. Don't bother them with the facts, they know what they think is true and to them that is all that matters. If he picks the right district that will probably carry him to the state house and/or senate and in his eyes from there to Washington.

Back