What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fran out at aTm

No, the Bonfire is only done before Texas.

No, you dumbass. Let me type more slowly this time so you can understand my question.

Is the topic of the bonfire a ritual between A$M fans here on Allbuffs prior to a CU - Aggies game?

Comprende?

No, you dumbass. Let me type more slowly this time so you can understand my question.

Is the topic of the bonfire a ritual between A fans here on Allbuffs prior to a CU - Aggies game?

Comprende?

To answer your question - no. In fact, we rarely ever talk about the aggies on this board. They occupy about the same mental space as Oklahoma State. They're in the conference. We play them. They're kinda weird. That's about it. Even leading up to the CU/A&M game, most of the talk is about their bizarre rituals and their collie worship.

Is the topic of the bonfire a ritual between A fans here on Allbuffs prior to a CU - Aggies game?

Comprende?

96 and I enjoy ripping Aggy quite often.

Comprende?

Allow me to explain.

Many years ago, I was moderator of another Buff board, which no longer exists. We used to do a "Caption this picture" thing each week. One week there was a picture --- I cannot even remember what the picture was -- but it reminded me of the Texas A&M bonfire tragedy, which had only happened the prior season, I believe.

So I posted a caption which read, "Sacrifices to the Bonfire Gods" or something of that effect. Included in the post was a disclaimer, that I knew the caption was in very poor taste, and that it was meant as a joke.

Aggy went crazy over my comments.

That is why I said-- be careful when you make bonfire jokes.

Lighten up, Francis. You want to know what really made the joke hilarious? The ****ing aggy response to flood a message board and post pics of Rae Carruth as a response, THAT's what made it so hilarious. The goddamn lemmings came in with their typical 'boycott this' 'classless that' and all that ****, and totally blew things out of proportion. Tasteless jokes are constantly made about tragedies and, believe it or not, humor is one tool to move past them. That's a concept I expect aggy to not understand, but certainly I didn't think we'd have that kind of head-in-the-sand mentality here.
I know why they don't like Rae. It has nothing to do with his conviction. It probably has more to do with our first play from scrimage at Kyle Field in '96. Fake option right, reverse to Rae. TD!!!!! Good Times.

The Aggies were pretty decent to GB during all the crap that went down with Lisa Simpson et al. I'll always give them slack for that.

Tasteless jokes are constantly made about tragedies and, believe it or not, humor is one tool to move past them. That's a concept I expect aggy to not understand, but certainly I didn't think we'd have that kind of head-in-the-sand mentality here.

So if someone made a tasteless joke about Columbine you wouldn't mind, because you don't have that 'head-in-the-sand' mentality?

Being a noob on AB this season, the bonfire thing went completely over my head. Considering it was 4Dem & 96, should have figured that out.

So here's an AB101 question: is the bonfire thing a regular ritual before the CU-A game? It might just come in handy for the run-up to the CCG.:wink2:

Your quote doesn't say that at all when you posed the question...read it again..."Is the bonfire a regular ritual before teh CU-A$M game?" Not one place in this question does it say 'a topic' so in your question, I thought you meant the actual ritual.

Try:

So here's an AB101 question: is the bonfire thing a regular topic here before the CU-A$M game? It might just come in handy for the run-up to the CCG

Capice'?

Last edited:
Your quote doesn't say that at all when you posed the question...read it again..."Is the bonfire a regular ritual before teh CU-A game?" Not one place in this question does it say 'a topic' so in your question, I thought you meant the actual ritual.

Try:

So here's an AB101 question: is the bonfire thing a regular topic here before the CU-A game? It might just come in handy for the run-up to the CCG

Capice'?

Having trouble with context?
Evidenty you weren't reading the post to which I was responding, nor my previous post about what the bonfire is all about.

Mooseknuckle, time to pop another ridalin.

Having trouble with context?
Evidenty you weren't reading the post to which I was responding, nor my previous post about what the bonfire is all about.

Mooseknuckle, time to pop another ridalin.

Lol don't get mad because I'm right

Whose mad? I'm LOL that "Mr. Captain Obvious reporting for duty" felt compelled to explain the Aggie Bonfire!

You must think CU fans have a really low football IQ.

If it makes you feel better, your edit did indeed make my AB101 question more clear. You get a star.

Lighten up, Francis. You want to know what really made the joke hilarious? The ****ing aggy response to flood a message board and post pics of Rae Carruth as a response, THAT's what made it so hilarious. The goddamn lemmings came in with their typical 'boycott this' 'classless that' and all that ****, and totally blew things out of proportion. Tasteless jokes are constantly made about tragedies and, believe it or not, humor is one tool to move past them. That's a concept I expect aggy to not understand, but certainly I didn't think we'd have that kind of head-in-the-sand mentality here.

One difference--Rae made a thought out bad decision. The kids were killed in an accident. This is a class issue, otherwise you would be laughing about the 'Sal is dead, Go Big Red' comments. Show some class with kids killed in an accident. Or don't. There are things to joke about, and things not to joke about. Or do you have some great 9/11 jokes for us too?

Some other fans not having class does not give us free licence to act the same.

I realize what he did was wrong and I'm not saying it's not wrong at all. But how sweet would it have been to be an Aggie fan and be a subscriber to that newsletter, you talk about inside information! That's what we all want right there! All the real information.

From the sounds of it he was pocketing the money. Might have made more sense if he given this out to the big donors.

Thing is they will have a hire in place and not miss a recruiting class. If they hire Bo Pellini we gonna have some issues.

here is an update from my aggy co-worker.... seems someone on the inside "snitched" on Fran.... the "report" he was sending out only went to 10-11 of the schools biggest donors. word he is hearing is that someone or someones in this elite group of donors let the information about the letters and cash out.... what he thinks is fran will be there until the end of the season, maybe a bowl game if the aggies go, not any longer. he says they is a good chance in this whole mess, that it might be a violation of the "code of conduct" in his contract and the university wont have to pay him off if they fire him. also the AD Byrne did not know anything about what Fran was up to.

One difference--Rae made a thought out bad decision. The kids were killed in an accident. This is a class issue, otherwise you would be laughing about the 'Sal is dead, Go Big Red' comments. Show some class with kids killed in an accident. Or don't. There are things to joke about, and things not to joke about. Or do you have some great 9/11 jokes for us too?

Some other fans not having class does not give us free licence to act the same.

Weren't you the once complaining that we are all too "PC" ?

I am not disagreeing that that is in bad taste but why are you the one to set the standard ?

Weren't you the once complaining that we are all too "PC" ?

I am not disagreeing that that is in bad taste but why are you the one to set the standard ?

agree 100%. all great jokes are in bad taste to some group of people

my only real problem with the Baylor people i've met, act like they go/went to Harvard or something. BU is a good school, but no where near the other BCS privates like Stanford, Duke, Vandy, N'Western, Wake Forest even. it's closer to the U of Denver than Duke. nothing against DU, i worked there for a year. pretty good place, all in all.

Last edited:
my only real problem with the Baylor people i've met, act like they go/went to Harvard or something. BU is a good school, but no where near the other BCS privates like Stanford, Duke, Vandy, N'Western, Wake Forest even. it's closer to the U of Denver than Duke. nothing against DU, i worked there for a year. pretty good place, all in all.

Schools are like brand names except for a few...they all cover your ass the same but one costs more

here is an update from my aggy co-worker.... seems someone on the inside "snitched" on Fran.... the "report" he was sending out only went to 10-11 of the schools biggest donors. word he is hearing is that someone or someones in this elite group of donors let the information about the letters and cash out.... what he thinks is fran will be there until the end of the season, maybe a bowl game if the aggies go, not any longer. he says they is a good chance in this whole mess, that it might be a violation of the "code of conduct" in his contract and the university wont have to pay him off if they fire him. also the AD Byrne did not know anything about what Fran was up to.

I think that this scenario can potentially be very dangerous for A&M. If they're going to fire for cause, they need to do it right now. Otherwise the "cause" justification loses a lot of merit, IMO.

I fugured somebody on the email list ratted him out.:lol:

IMO he's as good as gone....

Back