What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Frank Umu Dismissed from the Program

giphy.gif
[/Q

Outstanding retort!!!!!!!!

Oh...I'm real....it was those tough guy administrators that provided that label....too bad they wont expose themselves!!!! Matters not...names and virtual tough guys are hilarious!!!! I think you should simply bypass my posts if they bother you so much...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

CASA BONITA TIIIIIIIIIIME!

Season ticket holder for 10 years....yeah.....was there for the dozens of losses.....don't remember a time during that period where the WR's declared they were the best in the nation....that our QB felt like he was/is the best player on the field.....that our Offensive line is the best in at least a decade........ We are all entitled to our opinions as fans....you choose to think "all is well"....good for you!!!! Could be a 5 win season.....with no quality wins. Opinions....opinions....opinions.....none worth more than any other....now go enjoy the day!!!!
Can't argue with a whole lot of this but still. There are some patterns taking shape.

He's pretty screwed as he loses this his 3rd year and I believe would need to sit a transfer year, so he'd have 1 year left. What a waste!

Unless he can get an exemption from the NCAA you are correct, to go to another FBS program he would have to sit.

I think he is a big loss, had high hopes for him but I don't know how many FBS options he would have had anyways. The combination of not having a lot of on-field performance at CU, having to sit out while using a scholly, and he wasn't highly recruited coming out of HS would make finding another BCS program a challenge under normal circumstances. Add that he did enough at CU to get dropped from the program and I don't think he would have many takers.

Most likely he will end up at an FCS school or even D2. CSU- Pueblo had a kid a couple years ago who was dropped from Arizona for undisclosed reasons who ended up playing for the Packers. If I'm not mistaken Umu also had a good relationship with UNC before his work with McChesney made him interesting to CU.

By dropping down a level he could play almost immediately and would thus be able to play the next two years.

That sucks :/
Hope he gets back on his feet and through college.
But crap. Seems like all we've got left is DBs. I think we are going to need to switch to 2-3-8 scheme next year on D. We could make it a thing!

Umu was a wild card in the DL rotation.....a guy who was lightly recruited...chip on his shoulder....workout warrior. We had no depth at DL to begin with...and this one hurts. Too bad that MM is holding the ins and outs of the program so tightly.....we really have no idea what is going on...works when you are winning....not so much when you lose....his daily practice reports are "the guys worked hard today and we got a lot done".....the "opponent this week is great...".... MM got chippy yesterday when he refused to answer any detailed questions regarding the Washington game....said it was behind him and they were looking forward.....okey dokey.

Umu was a wild card in the DL rotation.....a guy who was lightly recruited...chip on his shoulder....workout warrior. We had no depth at DL to begin with...and this one hurts. Too bad that MM is holding the ins and outs of the program so tightly.....we really have no idea what is going on...works when you are winning....not so much when you lose....his daily practice reports are "the guys worked hard today and we got a lot done".....the "opponent this week is great...".... MM got chippy yesterday when he refused to answer any detailed questions regarding the Washington game....said it was behind him and they were looking forward.....okey dokey.
.................................. ...................................... ..................." ...................... . . . . . . . ." ....

Have...you...ever...heard...a...coaches...press...conference...before...? They...all...say...the...same...****...

Have...you...ever...heard...a...coaches...press...conference...before...? They...all...say...the...same...****...
No.....I don't .....see.....great coaches.....shy..... away..... from.... ass whoopings.....Here is Belechick a day after getting whooped by the Chiefs and the day after the post game press conference...."I think I said last night we need to do a better job on everything," Belichick said. "It’s everything. So that includes everybody. Players, coaches, everybody, all of us." What does MM say? "I have already addressed Washington." Just take it again in the chops coach.....your team and your coaches did poorly....UW made adjustments.....you made mistakes. UW has beaten you by more than 4 TDs two games straight. Giddyup!!!!!!

No.....I don't .....see.....great coaches.....shy..... away..... from.... ass whoopings.....Here is Belechick a day after getting whooped by the Chiefs and the day after the post game press conference...."I think I said last night we need to do a better job on everything," Belichick said. "It’s everything. So that includes everybody. Players, coaches, everybody, all of us." What does MM say? "I have already addressed Washington." Just take it again in the chops coach.....your team and your coaches did poorly....UW made adjustments.....you made mistakes. UW has beaten you by more than 4 TDs two games straight. Giddyup!!!!!!

You're really going to point to Bill "We're on to Cincinnati" Belichick in your attempt to criticize MM? #****inehmayne

You're really going to point to Bill "We're on to Cincinnati" Belichick in your attempt to criticize MM? #****inehmayne
Bill "Ive won more super bowl titles than any other coach" Belechick...yeah...that's the guy....MM just wants to avoid talking about getting drilled twice in the span of five games to the same team making the same mistakes and getting manhandled at the LOS......yeah, Mikey....you got your extension.....you got your facilities.....admit that you failed to prepare...and tell the press what you are planning on doing to avoid another humiliation.....think about it...the past three games against FBS opponents and we have given up over 40+ points on average.....and scored an average of 10....no Bueno....but glad we have a contingent of happy fans willing to invest their hard earned money into a program that seems to be regressing from a fantastic 2016!!!!! Giddyup!!!!

Bill "Ive won more super bowl titles than any other coach" Belechick...yeah...that's the guy....MM just wants to avoid talking about getting drilled twice in the span of five games to the same team making the same mistakes and getting manhandled at the LOS......yeah, Mikey....you got your extension.....you got your facilities.....admit that you failed to prepare...and tell the press what you are planning on doing to avoid another humiliation.....think about it...the past three games against FBS opponents and we have given up over 40+ points on average.....and scored an average of 10....no Bueno....but glad we have a contingent of happy fans willing to invest their hard earned money into a program that seems to be regressing from a fantastic 2016!!!!! Giddyup!!!!

Dude.... just.... stop.....

Dude.... just.... stop.....
I...... think........ you..................... need............. more.................. ellipses.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I think you missed his point.

This weekend is a big game, which I think everyone recognizes. You will likely get the meltdown you crave if the team plays poorly on Saturday night.

And why does he even have to say anything to the press in that regard? He doesn’t. He’s under no obligation to tell us, and future opponents what the issues are. That’s just idiocy. He will definitely let his staff and players know and that’s frankly all that needs to know,

We're on to UCLA.

Man. I hope this kid learns from his mistakes.

Did someone post at some point that this kid was a risk coming out of high school? If so, guess it wasn't worth the risk.

Our d line and o line depth is bad. I know o line recruiting has picked up with the last class and hopefully this one, but we need to find some studs on the d line, and soon.

These kids just don't get it. If they could only talk to their 35 year old self?
disapointing.

This is a result of a stupid mistake and another teammate not letting it go. It's even worse that they could not handle internally.

Oh...I'm real....it was those tough guy administrators that provided that label....too bad they wont expose themselves!!!! Matters not...names and virtual tough guys are hilarious!!!! I think you should simply bypass my posts if they bother you so much...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
I've met some of them. Believe me when I say the last thing you want is them exposing themselves.

I...... think........ you..................... need............. more.................. ellipses.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hokie's gonna flip out.

Back