What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fresno State @ Colorado Score prediction thread

Buffs find a bit of a running game and keep Carr on the sideline to an extent. We win 42-38 in a nail biter.

Altitude and a noon start time (1100am in cali) hopefully will effect their team with a roster full of california kids

Early season poling is a great indication of how good a team is...

It's typically an indication of 3 things:

1) What a team did the year prior,
2) How many returning starters they bring back, and
3) How tough the schedule is.

My point was that this is not CSU we're playing, it's a team that obliterated us last year and returns a very good QB with a number of weapons on offense. As good as we have looked, I don't see us making a 55 point turnaround in one season.

I expect CU will lose in the neighborhood of 42-27.

And I'd love to eat crow. Please prove me wrong.

Buffs lose a heartbreaker 42-40
Offense does enough to win,defense hangs as tough as they can,but special teams get our dicks bit off

Lots of kool aid drinking this week. I am praying they pull this out. And I am 100% confident it will be light years better than out performance last year. BUT I think this is gonna be a tough one for our boys. First of all their offense is putting up some big numbers and Carr is a stellar QB. Their receivers are all very fast a very big, could pose issues against our undersized nickle and dime backs. Our D will do better than last year but even with good planning I still think they are gonna put up 40+ points. Gonna be tough for us to keep up. The only way I see us getting close to winning is if they somehow discover a running game this week to keep the ball outta Carr's hands and control time of possession. But considering our running game was PATHETIC against CSU and UCA (who btw have significantly worse talent up front than FS) I am not hopeful that happens. It should be an entertaining one but sadly my prediction: FS- 45 CU-30
CU's stats are actually better, and that comes against much stiffer opposition. So the "big numbers" argument isn't very good.

Btw - their 2/3 deep aren't very good. See Cal Poly game. Keep it up tempo and wear them out.

I get what you're saying about big WRs, but we don't have any smurf DBs anymore. Awuzie and Moseley are both near 6'.

Something to think about when covering our WRs and TEs: Burse is 6' 190, Harper is 6'1" 190, Adams is 6'2" 200, Jenson is 6'5" 260 TE and McClendon is 6'8" 260 TE

Awuzie will have a great game...Tony Jones carries over his confidence from the last few runs he had last week. DD did not play last year as a WR so he will be a factor.

Buffs 33-30

Book it

What crack are you smoking?
Rutgers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CSU
CAU > Cal Poly
I said "stiff". Not "better". Rutgers didn't roll into Fresno with a one game season on their mind, in-state rivalry, hugeass chip on their shoulder (and crazy time zone issues...that game was played pretty late on the west coast). Yeah, Rutgers beats CSU head to head...but CSU v CU

Apparently FS put in their backups in the second half, but looking at the game stats from this game and rutgers, I agree.
Yes, their backups are not world beaters. I'm hoping Coach Mac goes crazy uptempo and grinds their starters into oblivion with the altitude forcing them to roll in backups frequently.

I said "stiff". Not "better". Rutgers didn't roll into Fresno with a one game season on their mind, in-state rivalry, hugeass chip on their shoulder (and crazy time zone issues...that game was played pretty late on the west coast). Yeah, Rutgers beats CSU head to head...but CSU v CU
uhhhh, sure. I guess you can make this argument. It sucks, but you can do it. Also, there is a joke in there somewhere.

Yes, their backups are not world beaters. I'm hoping Coach Mac goes crazy uptempo and grinds their starters into oblivion with the altitude forcing them to roll in backups frequently.

About the absolute last thing you want to do, is pick up the tempo with Fresno State.

About the absolute last thing you want to do, is pick up the tempo with Fresno State.
Why is that? Their defense will be gassed at altitude and their starters on defense aren't exactly amazing and their backups like stated above aren't world beaters. It could back fire by Fresno being on offense more, but I'll trade points for ten more snaps for Fresno on offense.

Why is that? Their defense will be gassed at altitude and their starters on defense aren't exactly amazing and their backups like stated above aren't world beaters. It could back fire by Fresno being on offense more, but I'll trade points for ten more snaps for Fresno on offense.

So Colorado is going to try forcing a team that loves to play up-tempo to play more up tempo? Would you defend against Oregon by making them play more up-tempo?

Fresno has a much better defense than anything Colorado State or Central Arkansas fielded. If the Buffaloes struggled against Central Arkansas' DL, they will have their work cut out for them; Wood and CU's OL are more than familiar with Fresno State's DL. And the last thing Colorado would want to do is turn the ball over to Fresno and give Carr a short field. As far as the altitude thing, this team has already played at Hughes Stadium last year. The Bulldogs won't be phased by it.

And if you're going to use the CPSLO game as a barometer for Fresno State's reserves being less than effective, then you can't ignore their starters in the first half for allowing all of 44 total offensive yards. Nor would you ever see Fresno State substitute their entire first team defense out all at once against Colorado at any given time.

Back