What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Friday Buff Bites - Football Camp and Straight-forward Answers - A Match Made in Heav

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ash Jackson

colorado_logo.png
Nothing but respect for Embree’s style | CU football with Kyle Ringo
As a reporter who has had to scratch and claw for every bit of information I could get on the Colorado football beat in recent years, it’s nice to be covering the program this year under new coach Jon Embree. Why? He answers questions directly, honestly and he doesn’t waste my time or yours. Yes, if I ask questions and report the answers from the head coach and that head coach is being dishonest or holding back bits and pieces of the story, he’s wasting our time. Anyway, I love that Embree doesn’t do that.
Anyway, I love that Embree doesn’t do that. I’ve said this before, but he strikes me as someone who is very comfortable with himself and his decisions.
colorado_logo.png
http://www.ralphiereport.com/2011/8/12/2359141/punting-competition - Thanks to justmyop for picking up that the position of punter is narrowed down to two..
colorado_logo.png
Fall Camp Notes " CU At the Game - A CU Football blog by Stuart Whitehair
On naming a new punter - "I know who I think it is, but I want to be 100% sure
"I believe it’s like the quarterback position. The sooner they know, then the more they can relax. It’s just a different mindset. I would like to decide early, then let them prove me wrong one way or the other … I think it’s easier on a guy when he knows if he’s the guy or not."
colorado_logo.png
CU Buffs' cornerback needs become critical - The Denver Post
During a 10-minute segment of a practice this week, at least nine cornerback candidates took turns against the offense in a passing drill. "It's hard with that many of us," sophomore corner Deji Olatoye said. "But they want to take a look at everybody. Nobody has taken the spot, so they keep rotating people in."
colorado_logo.png
Bowling for Grades: NCAA adds academic minimum to qualify for a bowl game - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF Blog - Yahoo! Sports - Colorado is on this list. This is not a list that Colorado wants to be on.
Colorado_Pac-12_medium_medium.jpg
Lots of hot seat games in Pac-12 - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN - This is called a segue... you know, as opposed to a segway.
Washington State Cougars at Colorado Buffaloes, Oct. 1 On the Seat of Heat: Paul Wulff Wulff keeps trying to convince us that the Cougars are getting better, but their record surely has not.
They backed up 2009's 1-11 record with a 2-10 mark last year. In three seasons he has won exactly two conference games.
If they go to Boulder for Colorado's first home Pac-12 game and lay an egg against a team with a new head coach, it's likely going to make the folks in Pullman want to look for a new coach of their own.
Getting to know the new Husky Stadium - Pac-12 Blog - ESPN
Because, whatever you think about universities spending hundreds of millions of dollars on sports facilities, Husky Stadium had become a decrepit, crumbling dump, though one with an exceedingly scenic location.
Pac-12 'tease' team: Arizona State - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN
In 2008, the then-Pac-10 blog noted that "If you Google 'Arizona State' and 'sleeping giant,' 3,400 articles come up."
If you did it this week, you get 85,900 results (in 0.23 seconds! Technology rocks! Though it doesn't seem as if all the matches are relevant, Google).
Irrelevant matches, eh? I'm guessing I don't want to put "arizona state sleeping giant" into Google Image Search while I'm at work...
In 2008, we wrote, "If a Pac-10 team has a chance to break USC's choke-hold on the conference title -- or at least to regularly challenge the Trojans for the top spot -- it's the Sun Devils."
Drrrrrr.
We were wrong. Somehow I want to blame Chip Kelly.
colorado_logo.png
Wallace Advances To Match Play At US Women's Amateur - CUBuffs.com
Senior Jessica Wallace advanced to match play at the 2011 U.S. Women's Amateur Championship Tuesday, played here at the Rhode Island Country Club.
colorado_logo.png
CU Buffs coach Embree will emphasize tight ends - Buffzone
One sure way to get Colorado football coach Jon Embree to smile is to start talking about tight ends. A former tight end himself for the Buffs and then in the NFL, he wore a wide grin on media day last weekend as he told of the running joke in the offensive meeting room that "Every pass read begins with the tight end." "That's OK," Embree said with a smirk. "It should."
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Maybe it's just holdover from recent seasons, but I just can't get enough of descriptions of what our offense is actually going to be. Power running? Passes to the Tight Ends? I seem to remember a few times this scheme [/FONT]has served us well.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Go Buffs![/FONT]

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here t

Back