What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

fusker slush fund paid off the Big12

Not saying we have big boy cash, but we have cash to buy out Danny

We do not have the cash to buy out Danny and pay off the B12 with the stroke of a pen and still have money in reserve for the next coach. That's the difference.

typical arrogant fusker. Nebraska fans aint as good as they think they are. Does Colorado have issues? Sure, but nu is not even close to being the greatest fans on the planet.

??? Nobody said we were ??? I was just pointing out excuses that are given why we fill our stadium which is way larger in capicity and the exuses given why you don't are retarded. It's simple passion for the team. While I'm sure there are diehard CU fans and most of you guys are....there just isn't enough of them. And I'm far from being an "Arrogant Fusker" fan....I'm very realistic about my 'skers.

??? Nobody said we were ??? I was just pointing out excuses that are given why we fill our stadium which is way larger in capicity and the exuses given why you don't are retarded. It's simple passion for the team. While I'm sure there are diehard CU fans and most of you guys are....there just isn't enough of them. And I'm far from being an "Arrogant Fusker" fan....I'm very realistic about my 'skers.

It's more than just passion for the team. It also helps that NU is the only game in town. No pro football within a couple hundred miles and no other major NCAA programs close by, either.

If you look at attendance around the Denver metro area, on any given day where CU, CSU and AFA are playing home games, there are roughly 120k people in attendance, and then another 77k will be at Invesco the next day.

We do not have the cash to buy out Danny and pay off the B12 with the stroke of a pen and still have money in reserve for the next coach. That's the difference.

Actually -- between the University and the Foundation - there's definitely enough money there.

The difference is that the athletic department, and football in general, are not options 1 through 10000 for the University of Colorado's money. Make no bones about it, Nebraska knows where their bread is buttered and they have done a great job of marketing that program over the past 50 years. They are one of those teams who simply has an advantage over CU in that regard, just like lots of other teams.

That is why it is all the more remarkable what McCartney did, and why it will be all the more difficult going forward into the future. There is an arms race in college football and CU is a 3rd world country.

Things Nebraska doesn't have that gives them an advantage for having "die hard" fans. You Nebraska trolls really don't have a clue what challenges CU has here.

1. People moving to your state from California, Texas and NEBRASKA on a regular basis. Nebraska doesn't get the people coming from out of state, simply because who the **** wants to live in Nebraska? Colorado has lots of "foreigners" that come and root for their home state team while living in our state. Everybody that lives in Nebraska are Nebraska natives that support the home team.

2. Nebraska is the one and only home team. CU has 2 other division 1 football programs within in hour drive from our campus! 3 D1 schools that you could visit all in 1 day. CU has all major pro sports. NU doesn't have any. This is a bronco state #1. Broncos have always been the hot ticket in town. We have a pro team thats been to 6 super bowls and won 2. Nebraska simply does not have to deal with that.

3. Media support. I've been to Nebraska many times, the media loves the huskers. Here, it's completely opposite. The media wether it be in the paper, TV or radio, completely dogs CU, and that feeds off to the casual fan or anybody else. Even in our glory days we were dogged by the local media.

4. Recreation. I know walking down the irrigation ditch to check the corn might be considered a reacreational activity in Nebraska, but the truth is, Colorado is a big time recreation state. OUtdoors activities are so popular here, it's a lot of peoples passion. In the fall, a lot of people want to go in the mountains to see the changing aspens and fresh snow. Thats another thing Nebraska doesn't have. You guys have the changing cottonwoods and thats about it.

Now, while I would love to have the support NU does, in reality, CU gets pretty good support for the circumstances I mentioned above. We have gone 5 years without a winning season and still nearly sellout the stadium for every game. Hell the Hawai'i game was a near full stadium. I really wonder if NU's sellout streak would have survived if they would have gone 5 years without a winning season.

I loved watching the "greatest fans in the world" file out of Memorial at halftime of the 2007 Okie state game. That stadium was half full when the third qtr started.

Things Nebraska doesn't have that gives them an advantage for having "die hard" fans. You Nebraska trolls really don't have a clue what challenges CU has here.

1. People moving to your state from California, Texas and NEBRASKA on a regular basis. Nebraska doesn't get the people coming from out of state, simply because who the **** wants to live in Nebraska? Colorado has lots of "foreigners" that come and root for their home state team while living in our state. Everybody that lives in Nebraska are Nebraska natives that support the home team.

2. Nebraska is the one and only home team. CU has 2 other division 1 football programs within in hour drive from our campus! 3 D1 schools that you could visit all in 1 day. CU has all major pro sports. NU doesn't have any. This is a bronco state #1. Broncos have always been the hot ticket in town. We have a pro team thats been to 6 super bowls and won 2. Nebraska simply does not have to deal with that.

3. Media support. I've been to Nebraska many times, the media loves the huskers. Here, it's completely opposite. The media wether it be in the paper, TV or radio, completely dogs CU, and that feeds off to the casual fan or anybody else. Even in our glory days we were dogged by the local media.

4. Recreation. I know walking down the irrigation ditch to check the corn might be considered a reacreational activity in Nebraska, but the truth is, Colorado is a big time recreation state. OUtdoors activities are so popular here, it's a lot of peoples passion. In the fall, a lot of people want to go in the mountains to see the changing aspens and fresh snow. Thats another thing Nebraska doesn't have. You guys have the changing cottonwoods and thats about it.

Now, while I would love to have the support NU does, in reality, CU gets pretty good support for the circumstances I mentioned above. We have gone 5 years without a winning season and still nearly sellout the stadium for every game. Hell the Hawai'i game was a near full stadium. I really wonder if NU's sellout streak would have survived if they would have gone 5 years without a winning season.

All small factors that could be overcome to get 55k to the games. Sounds like exCUses to me.

Again...all bull****. If that were the case....The Swamp would never sell out. They have more sports and schools in Florida ANNNNNND tourist/leisure activities then Colorado could ever hope....yet...wait!!!! Oh my god! They sell out every game! Wtf...how could that be??????

What about USC/Washington/Florida State/Miami...****, even USF has better attendance records and they are a new program. Gimme a break.

Last edited:
All small factors that could be overcome to get 55k to the games. Sounds like exCUses to me.

hey dumbass, we do get the people to games, with those factors and they aint small factors pal. You really don't have a clue! How many csu games you been to this year to get that high school stadium half full?

After 7 weeks, the whole premise of CU and NU talking to each other disappears.

So get those licks in now, because in the not so very future, this board is not going to have to worry about the self-proclaimed best fans any more. It's fitting that the agricultural subsidy Televen-12 get to deal with each other. There's a lot of John Deere tractors, ConAgra grain elevators and Montsanto pesticides from Lincoln to Iowa City, through Minnisota and Wisconsin, and out across Illinois and Indiana.

The Go Big Red bowl between Indiana and Nebraska will be delightful. Wisconsin and Ohio State also will offer a sea of Red at home or away.

It's safe to say Nebraska will fit right in with their new conference buddies. Then they can sort out whether Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State or Nebraska have the biggest stadiums, the richest traditions, the best facilities, and firmest grasp of the commodities market.

They should have lots to talk about.

Meanwhile we have to teach Utah how to take the training wheels off of their new-found BCS legitimacy.

Again...all bull****. If that were the case....The Swamp would never sell out. They have more sports and schools in Florida ANNNNNND tourist/leisure activities then Colorado could ever hope....yet...wait!!!! Oh my god! They sell out every game! Wtf...how could that be??????

Passion.

complete dumbass

After 7 weeks, the whole premise of CU and NU talking to each other disappears.

So get those licks in now, because in the not so very future, this board is not going to have to worry about the self-proclaimed best fans any more. It's fitting that the agricultural subsidy Televen-12 get to deal with each other. There's a lot of John Deere tractors, ConAgra grain elevators and Montsanto pesticides from Lincoln to Iowa City, through Minnisota and Wisconsin, and out across Illinois and Indiana.

The Go Big Red bowl between Indiana and Nebraska will be delightful. Wisconsin and Ohio State also will offer a sea of Red at home or away.

It's safe to say Nebraska will fit right in with their new conference buddies. Then they can sort out whether Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State or Nebraska have the biggest stadiums, the richest traditions, the best facilities, and firmest grasp of the commodities market.

They should have lots to talk about.

Meanwhile we have to teach Utah how to take the training wheels off of their new-found BCS legitimacy.

And you'll fit right in as the Baylor of the Pac-10 buddy ;)

bull****! Name the last time CU has finished last in a conference? CU will be back. All Pac-10 schools except Oregon have been in our shoes the last 10 years.

Umm....what teams are you better then in the Pac-10 right now? Let's see.....

Washington - nope
USC - nope
Washington State - maybe
Arizona - nope
Oregon - nope
Cal - big NOPE
ASU - actually...I think you take that one
Oregon State - nope
Stanford - nope
UCLA - nope

Please...enlighten me.

Umm....what teams are you better then in the Pac-10 right now? Let's see.....

Washington - nope
USC - nope
Washington State - maybe
Arizona - nope
Oregon - nope
Cal - big NOPE
ASU - actually...I think you take that one
Oregon State - nope
Stanford - nope
UCLA - nope

Please...enlighten me.

I never said we were better than any of those.

Oh here we go with the "We've got nothing better to do". Give me a ****ing break. I live 10 minutes from some of the most beautiful beaches in the U.S. and I'd much rather be sitting my ass in Memorial Stadium on a Saturday then going to the ****ing beach. It has nothing to do with not having pro teams. It's a passion for football and for the Huskers that's it. Excuses are like assholes....they almost always smell like ****. I'd give my right arm to be able to afford to fly back every weekend and make a game. I only made two last year and I live 26 hours from our stadium.

I have this same argument with Florida fans day in and day out because I call them fair weather pussies that all wore FSU and Miami jerseys ten years ago.

"How many home games did you go to last year?"

Response: "None, so, I have things to do"

"Yeah **** off, you live 2 hours from the stadium!"

You're not getting it. Sure YOU would do that, but if they had that kind of diversion in Nebraska, how many folks would be the same way? A lot, for sure. I wouldn't dispute that. But seeing as they don't have the option now, nobody would.

Not for long, I promise you that. Oh Wazzu is the Baylor of the Pac-10. CU is not that bad, actually we are pretty decent at home.

Hey, in all actuality I hope you go to the Pac-10 and kick some ass and I'm being serious. Nothing would be better then both programs leaving the Big 12 and making a **** ton of money winning games and saying "F-U" to the Texas ass kissers then me.

Back