What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

fusker slush fund paid off the Big12

So are you a CSU fan right now or an NU fan? I just need to know who I'm talking to.

Both, as always, bro. I can admit why CSU has bad attendance, and its very similar to the reasons CU does. Mostly due to bad teams, a horrible job by the university connecting with alums, horrible job getting current students to want to come back to games and make it a tradition, horrible job getting students excited about games, and poor decisions in creating the game day environment.

CSU is a dual fan? I thought the Husker part was just to piss you guys off? How the hell could you be a CSU fan and call yourself a husker? Terrible.

Most CSU fans consider themselves fusker fans too. Their hatred for CU is all encompassing. They can't beat us with their own school, so they find another school that can, and that we hate, and attach themselves. Kind of like a virus. Pretty soon, there will be a whole hoarde of CSUtes, and CSUTrojans around for us to deal with.

Both, as always, bro. I can admit why CSU has bad attendance, and its very similar to the reasons CU does. Mostly due to bad teams, a horrible job by the university connecting with alums, horrible job getting current students to want to come back to games and make it a tradition, horrible job getting students excited about games, and poor decisions in creating the game day environment.

This is not something we have a problem with at CU. The game day environment at CU is one of the best in the country. Seriously. All the rest of the stuff you mention - yeah, totally. But the game day environment in Boulder is fantastic.

This is not something we have a problem with at CU. The game day environment at CU is one of the best in the country. Seriously. All the rest of the stuff you mention - yeah, totally. But the game day environment in Boulder is fantastic.

Thats fine. But part of the gameday experience that drives me crazy is that most stadiums are AWFUL at keeping you updated on other games/happenings. Not sure how that is at Folsom.

Again, CU DOES NOT have bad attendance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No not sellouts, but it is not bad. The stadium is still near full for Wac teams after 5 losing seasons!!!

Thats fine. But part of the gameday experience that drives me crazy is that most stadiums are AWFUL at keeping you updated on other games/happenings. Not sure how that is at Folsom.

I suppose it depends on your definition of awful. We get quarterly "Calls around the nation". It's usually top 25 scores, Big 12 scores, and scores from regional teams like CSU, Wyoming, and AFA. Sometimes during timeouts, they'll scroll through a list of scores on the scoreboard, too. It's always been enough for me.

I suppose it depends on your definition of awful. We get quarterly "Calls around the nation". It's usually top 25 scores, Big 12 scores, and scores from regional teams like CSU, Wyoming, and AFA. Sometimes during timeouts, they'll scroll through a list of scores on the scoreboard, too. It's always been enough for me.

I don't give a **** about other scores when I'm watching a game in the stadium! That's what a cell phone and half time is for.

And you'll fit right in as the Baylor of the Pac-10 buddy ;)

You mean cellar dweller, not hypocritical Baptist based institution that is known for creating Texas judges and basketball scandals, right?

I'm not real keen on moving CU's stadium off of campus and becoming the 5th or 6th best program in the state. It would be a shame for Boulder to be known as a glorified interatate truck stop. If memory serves, the Pac-10 had Baylor on their radar and said, no thank you. If they really wanted the genuine Baylor in the conference, Larry Scott might have been able to cut a deal.

The only thing Baylor has going for them is students rush the field before the game. CU ought to try that.

It's funny, the Nebraska and CSU scores are always cheered if said teams are losing, and the AFA scores are cheered if they are winning.

The do a Verizon "Calls around the Nation" a couple times during the game, but that's about it. That's what smart phones are for.

You mean cellar dweller, not hypocritical Baptist based institution that is known for creating Texas judges and basketball scandals, right?

I'm not real keen on moving CU's stadium off of campus and becoming the 5th or 6th best program in the state. It would be a shame for Boulder to be known as a glorified interatate truck stop. If memory serves, the Pac-10 had Baylor on their radar and said, no thank you. If they really wanted the genuine Baylor in the conference, Larry Scott might have been able to cut a deal.

The only thing Baylor has going for them is students rush the field before the game. CU ought to try that.

Toe-may-toe

Toe-mah-toe

I honestly don't think CU has anything to apologize for. We draw reasonably well. Much better than 90% of the college programs out there, in my opinion. There are things we could be doing better, but there are probably only 15-20 programs in the country that are appreciably better. I'm not talking wins/losses. That will improve with a competent head coach. Anybody with a brain stem understands that. I'm talking about attendance, alumni support, community support, student involvement, etc.

I purposely threw "community support" in there because I think we're giving Boulder a bad rap. Notice that since Mary KKKeenan has left, there haven't been any large scale criminal investigations that lead to nowhere? The Pearl St Stampede is a genuine community event. The Bolder Boulder ends at Folsom Stadium. There's a strong relationship between CU and the city of Boulder that I think often gets overlooked in the face of a far removed "scandal".

Toe-may-toe

Toe-mah-toe

Well come down to the river, you sinner. Time to baptize you Colorado style, with a piss balloon and some Thin Lizzy!
fighting.jpg

Umm....what teams are you better then in the Pac-10 right now? Let's see.....

Washington - nope
USC - nope
Washington State - maybe
Arizona - nope
Oregon - nope
Cal - big NOPE
ASU - actually...I think you take that one
Oregon State - nope
Stanford - nope
UCLA - nope

Please...enlighten me.

Why are you so obsessed with CU? Give it a break already and spend more time on one of your worthless fusker boards and join in on the non-stop circle jerk.

Why are you so obsessed with CU? Give it a break already and spend more time on one of your worthless fusker boards and join in on the non-stop circle jerk.

I'm not obsessed with CU. I'm obsessed with AllBuffs and have been a member here for a long time now....I like most of the people here, they're fun to shoot the **** and talk smack with. Some, just take it personally!

Back