What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Day - Seattle Redhawks

Seattle looked pretty competent. They'll probably have a solid year in the WAC. Still a dog**** performance by the buffs.

Defense and rebounding good

19 turnovers
3 for 18 from 3pt
25 for 39 ft

Typical early sluggish game for buffs

Over a 30+ game season, there are going to be some bad nights.

16.7% from 3pt range, 63.4% from the line, 35.8% on FGs, 19 turnovers... but outrebounded them by 20 and held them to 30.2% FGs.

12 point win.

Book it and move on.

Meh ... played a ****ty game and still managed to beat a solid team by eleven. Just hope the guys absorb the fact they are in no position to take any team for granted. That would be a positive for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Something needs to get through to these guys. Maybe this game will. I don't know. We must think we're so damned good, all we have to do is show up. There was nothing enjoyable about that game. Even the win.

No players being interviewed for the post game. MJ is stalling. I have a feeling there is some reaming going on.

White might be our best player but Gordon is our most essential player. There's no replacement for his rim protection.

Yaz continues to put up nice assist totals off the bench despite awful team shooting. The PG pecking order appears to be set.

They had a guy from Venice, Italy on their team. I can't believe they have a basketball court somewhere in that city.

oof. Team needs to wake the hell up. They have to take every opponent seriously in order to be successful.

Might have been a lot closer if Fortune hadn't splashed those 2 threes in the last 5 minutes.

So, apparently Dom has some sort of injury that kept him out of the second half.

According to Wes, Tad told the team "you're going to have games like this." Didn't sound like Tad was all that upset, though I'm sure he will get his point across.

CU seemed to sleepwalk through the game. Solid defense and rebounding, though. I suspect Tad won't be too upset given that.

White: 3-8ft.
Yeesh! Wasn't he like a 90% ft shooter in D2? Talk about an off shooting game for the team. Let's hope there's not many of these.

Now we get Peters back! Should be fun to see him get some minutes. With our depth maybe we can rest Dom a bit and get him healthy. There's nothing more horrible than a hobbled player who can't get back to 100%. Reminded of his freshman year.

Played defense and rebounded.
Got win before crowd of friends and family. No one plays best ball in November. Accumulate wins and keep getting better.

Back accounts, phones, etc are my biggest worry. I'll have my girlfriend joining me after I get settled. Thanks for the help, expect a PM...

^^^^posted at 5:50pm MT in the China thread.

We have a new biggest fan in my fiancé with Siewert on the team. Brazilians can ball

^^^^posted at 7:27pm MT in this thread.

Now I'm not sure if:
1. You're a scumbag cheater (low likelihood, imo)
2. It's the same lady and you call her both things without thinking about it (most likely, but not very interesting)
3. You ****ing proposed during the ****ing CU Basketball game, you ****ing badass! (I hope)

Last nights game was just....well bad. I now fully understand why Tad has been saying this team isn't very good right now and that they are over rated (While not being rated at all). The D and rebounding effort was there, but absolutely nothing else was. Unlike several of you, I can say, without reservation, that Seattle won't be a very good team this year. In fact, I would wager they will finish under .500. Which tells us a lot about the kind of effort the Buffs put on the floor last night. Unfortunately, this team is reminding me a bit too much of the team that went to the CBI. Watched my recorded version this morning and it was so bad hearing the announcers say that Tad had been screaming at the team for the last two days for lack of effort and preparation....It showed on the floor. Hopefully the guys on the team figure this out before going to New York.

On a side note, Dom was limping even more last night and then wasn't on the floor late in the game at all, even while Yak was being a turnover machine. Anyone heard anything as to what is going on?

Last nights game was just....well bad. I now fully understand why Tad has been saying this team isn't very good right now and that they are over rated (While not being rated at all). The D and rebounding effort was there, but absolutely nothing else was. Unlike several of you, I can say, without reservation, that Seattle won't be a very good team this year. In fact, I would wager they will finish under .500. Which tells us a lot about the kind of effort the Buffs put on the floor last night. Unfortunately, this team is reminding me a bit too much of the team that went to the CBI. Watched my recorded version this morning and it was so bad hearing the announcers say that Tad had been screaming at the team for the last two days for lack of effort and preparation....It showed on the floor. Hopefully the guys on the team figure this out before going to New York.

On a side note, Dom was limping even more last night and then wasn't on the floor late in the game at all, even while Yak was being a turnover machine. Anyone heard anything as to what is going on?
Keep in mind Seattle plays in the WAC. They probably win 10 conference games this year.

Didnt play well offensively.
RedHawks closed to 3 but CU pulled away late. Clutch shots by Fortune and 13-4 run in last 5 minutes to close out the game. Teams don't hit stride in November.

R E L A X

Tad addressed it in his after game presser. He said his ankle has gotten worse and they will consider shutting him down for a while to let it heal.

Something needs to get through to these guys. Maybe this game will. I don't know. We must think we're so damned good, all we have to do is show up. There was nothing enjoyable about that game. Even the win.

You're taking this from a sample size of 2 games? A sample size that we won by an average of 24.5 points per game?

Tad mentioned first Monday home game with class schedules and other academic responsibility. Learning process for Student Athletes. How to get ready for game. Still 2-0 and won both by double digits. Looked similar to football Buffs game versus Ucla. Both sloppy wins but wins nonetheless.

Might have been a lot closer if Fortune hadn't splashed those 2 threes in the last 5 minutes.

Sure. But knocking down a couple open 3s was playing to norm. It was missing so many other open 3s that was the outlier during the game.

Game was a bit concerning, but its the middle of November. Just keep winning. Seattle was definitely a step up from Sac St. I also think the refs had something to do with the ugliness of the game. Any time the game started to get some flow and momentum the damn whistle would blow.

Back